Backup Saves?

27 posts

Flag Post

The game is suggesting I make backup copies of my saved games. I googled “local shared object” like it suggested but couldn’t figure out how to do it. Does anyone have advice for how to make backup copies of my saved games? I use Mac OS 10.6.
Thanks!

Flag Post

Open a finder window and look for it under one of these two folders:

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys

Look for a folder named chat.kongregate.com, and your save file should be somewhere in it, with an .sol extension. For instance, mine saved as giabGclSaveData.sol. (You might can even use the finder to look for the file). Hope this helps!

Flag Post

I’m looking for this on my Mac. I play it on a work PC and can’t find the save file. I’d really like to not just be limited to work.

Flag Post

On Windows, open the Run box with Windows Key+R, then go type in:
AppData\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

Note: The above AppData needs to be surrounded by % (percent signs), but the forum cuts them out.

Once there, there’s a random foldername, inside of which you will find chat.kongregate.com

Go in there and copy/email the following files to yourself
giabGclPrefs.sol
giabGclSaveData.sol

On your Mac, look at the post above to find the right place to put the above files.

Flag Post

You can use for backup armorgames.com.
1. log in on armorgames
2. win 1 field on armorgames
3. log out; exit to main menu in GCL
4. replace giabGclSaveData in cache.armorgames.com by your from kongregate
5. Press start game (you still not logged) – you will see your game from kong. start it
6. Now log in
7. Win 1 field = server save. Voila – you have endless server save.

Flag Post

Is it possible to make a safety-copy of chat.kongregate.com?
Or that the Flash-player saves in an extra folder?

Flag Post

is it possible to transfer the save from armorgames to here?

Flag Post

I’m doing it manually, but can I do it auto?
I’m coping the chat.kongregate.com folder before I log out.

Flag Post

RedSunJDM, yes.
Peter110, configure a file-level backup job for that. Any backup software will do.

Flag Post

vesperbot – thanks for the answer, but could you tell me specifficaly how to do that?

Flag Post

Over here
Find instructions that match your operating system and follow them. The file in question is giabGCLSaveData.sol

Flag Post

Hey there guys,

Was just viewing this and found it very helpful because my hard drive had been breaking down multiple times recently so I want to backup my GemCraft Labyrinth save game files, however, if you have an external backup hard drive, will the .sol files be saved onto that automatically?
Could someone please reply to this to help me?

Cheers,
shinyarceus

Flag Post

I think you have to configure the backup to the specific location, or plain full HDD backup or full %USERPROFILE backup, in this case they will get backed up. Also you can load the backed up fileset into a restore manager to find out whether they have been backed up.

Flag Post

what do i do after i have copied it and put it on a flash drive

Flag Post

Does anyone know how to recover a lost saved game? Like an idiot I deleted my browser cache without thinking because facebook was giving me some issues and I hadn’t backed up my Gemcraft saves. I probably put 40 hrs into this game! I know there’s a 99.99% chance I’m screwed here, but on the off chance I’m not I figured I’d ask.

Flag Post

Because after finishing my “OPR” i will need to redo all hardest setting endurances(again. sigh), i share my current save-file, with impossible scores on 2 pylons(6318 level). Also this save have slot with 141 level and finished storyline.
Hope this will work.
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/242754/giabGclSaveData.sol

Flag Post

Wow, thank you Gremlion.

Flag Post

Hey gremlion your link dont work for me ive tried multiple times. I just had my saved game disappear randomly and it was saved only locally can you or someone reupload a .sol so i dont have to restart i was like lvl60 already. thanks.

Flag Post

I made a copy of my saved game but I can’t figure out how to restore my information. Will someone help me with that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Domnu:

I made a copy of my saved game but I can’t figure out how to restore my information. Will someone help me with that?

Start a new game, make 1 win, then search fo giabgclsavedata.sol and replace it. In chat.kongregate.com

New hosting: https://rapidshare.com/files/2509378300/giabGclSaveData.sol

Flag Post

Thank you SO much Gremlion!!! I was level 4,521 when I saved it to my flash drive. I was worried I’d have to start all over again. You helped me a lot

Flag Post

Thanks alot man although i gotta say i usually go in order and do all of the maps from bottom up organized kind of :)

Flag Post

i do easiest levels first

Flag Post
Originally posted by greenkabbage:

On Windows, open the Run box with Windows Key+R, then go type in:
AppData\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

Note: The above AppData needs to be surrounded by % (percent signs), but the forum cuts them out.

Once there, there’s a random foldername, inside of which you will find chat.kongregate.com

Go in there and copy/email the following files to yourself
giabGclPrefs.sol
giabGclSaveData.sol

On your Mac, look at the post above to find the right place to put the above files.

I don’t have chat.kongregate.com folder on my windows computer but when I was playing this, my wizard was already lvl 12

Flag Post

do you use Google Chrome? If so, check neighboring topics, the saves are in another folder in Chrome.