Stuck in Limbo glitch

6 posts

Flag Post

(I posted this already in the GC0 forum – didn’t realize GCL had its own forum now.)

Has anyone else seen this? I’ve run into it several times and can now get it to happen pretty reliably under certain circumstances. What seems to cause it is when you finish a battle in Endurance mode (either by suicide or natural death), and you go back into the same level (doesn’t have to be the same level, I’ve seen it happen going to a different level – which is weird because the structures don’t match the map, but it doesn’t happen nearly as reliably), you’re in a sort of weird state which seems to have structures left over from the previous battle. That part goes away as soon as you try to build something, and the phantom structures you saw at the beginning are unusable – you can’t put a gem in them or anything. The other weird part is that there are no monsters. The wave bar is stuck wherever you left it in the previous battle and doesn’t move, and no monsters ever enter the field. You can, however, open tombs and see monsters that way, but none of the normal wave monsters will ever show. Your mana bar still regenerates (though only at the normal slow rate, since there’s no monsters to leech from). You can even complete the battle, and if you’re in Endurance, it still counts as a win, and you can get amulets (even Journey amulets) this way. If you’re not in Endurance, you can’t do much, because the waves never come so you can never win. It seems to go away if you pause and restart the level. Weird.

Flag Post

Can you explain exactly what you did? I want to see if I can get this glitch as well.

Flag Post

1. Must be Flash, I guess.
2. We’ve got a steady NECROMANCER here… :DDD

Flag Post

@somebody: I thought a post only counted as necro-bumping if the post was posted for the sole purpose of bumping the forum to the top of the list…

Flag Post

Asking someone who is a year away is necroposting. It is generally assumed that if a topic with a problem is unanswered within a month or so, depending on the problem, it becomes “dead” and should be replied to if you are too having this problem, or you have a complete/partial solution at the ready.

Flag Post

In other words, you can ASK the same question, if it was left unanswered, OR you should make a NEW topic, if you have something you’d like to share.
But neither is ANSWERING a year-old question, simply cause the guy is most probably off-line for a few months, or he’d update the topic with either an answer or a question repetition.
Makes simple sense…