FAQs: Please read before posting. page 10

346 posts

Flag Post

Originally posted by InfiniteVoid
Armor gain is 20% of current armor or 2, whichever is higher.
With that said, if you are targeting a particular number of monsters to summon, doing it with masses of G1s will cost less mana than with higher grades, but at the expense of having to deal with monsters with lots of armor (I’ve done it to the point where armor exceeded maxHP) and possibly more health than angered with higher grades (it takes a lot of G1s to do this).>

armor is +24-26(don’t know the number)%, not 20, with minimum of 2.
HP is +(7
+(3 x grade))%

Flag Post

Thanks! Helps loads.

Flag Post

The folder’s location varies by your OS, but for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 it’s somewhere in the AppData folder (I think. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect).

For XP, it’s C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random string)\chat.kongregate.com
For Vista and 7, it’s C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random string)\chat.kongregate.com

First: Make sure that when you play, you’ve connected to Kong. There should be a green plug next to your name in the top right (above the chat/achievements panel), not a red one. Turn off private browsing/incognito mode. Make sure you have programs like CCleaner turned off, as well as any program that clears cookies upon closing. Set local storage for chat.kongregate.com to unlimited. That should do it!

Another thing: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FLASH PLAYER UP-TO-DATE.

Flag Post

I’m also sure (haven’t done actual testing yet, will edit post to confirm information, but armor is 1.24X +2.

Flag Post

Do shines hit targets off screen?

Flag Post

Yes, they do. Monsters start approximately 2 squares off the edge of the screen, and they’re targetable by both towers and shrines as soon as they do. (You can tell by watching the path of shots from a tower at an angle to the entrance.) Also, if you kill a bunch near an entrance with a shrine, you can see it takes a little while for monsters to come from that entrance again.

Flag Post

The monsters that are out of view but “on” (ie those that lurlock refers to) are included in the number of monsters on screen at the top. I can confirm that they’re there even though you can’t see them- before the fullscreen game was made to stretch to fit the screen you could see them outside the game window, before they were actually on screen.

Flag Post

yeah. thats right.

they start 2 spaces off screen, assuming my towers shoot them before they get on screen, plus the monster count counts them when their off screen

Flag Post
Originally posted by ol_ReVerSe_lo:

I’m also sure (haven’t done actual testing yet, will edit post to confirm information, but armor is 1.24X +2.

Well, I expect the mechanics of armor growth wasn’t altered from GC0, it was 1.25X or X+2, whichever is bigger.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

Well, I expect the mechanics of armor growth wasn’t altered from GC0, it was 1.25X or X+2, whichever is bigger.

thats a little off-its somewhere from 24.1-25.2% or 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:
Originally posted by vesperbot:

thats a little off-its somewhere from 24.1-25.2% or 2

It’s only slightly off due to rounding. The true value would be 25%, but it’s rounded to the value you see.

Flag Post

vesperbot, you’re probably right about that. But I’m completely sure that armor is closer to 1.24x than 1.25×. It may be around 1.241 to 1.243, but it’s for sure closer to 1.24.

Flag Post

Another one:

Max Multiplier

Not as useful as some of the other maps, but I guess it can serve as a reference to see how far away you are from maxing each field. Note that in the game, only the first 4 digits will show for most of them. (Exceptions being the pylon levels and the two with 41016 multipliers.) If your map looks like this, then congratulations, you’ve completely destroyed this game.

Flag Post

theres so many 40898’s(monster nests)and 40374’s(nothing)

the lowest value is 14584(pylons)
highest value is 41016(E7, monster nest+4 tombs)

Flag Post

Heya all,

Not a specific in-game question, but OOG. What is “wrong” with the highscores? When I have made a high-score it isn’t showing up, or it is but the next day it is removed and all scores are seem to set at a specific maximum amount.

What is this all about?
Anything known?

Flag Post

theres a cap of 2^31-1.

Flag Post

Just out of sheer curiosity: why? :)

And that doesn’t explain the max on the “max gem kills” or “longest killing chain”

Flag Post

Just out of sheer curiosity: why? :)

the highscores don’t accept floating points.

Flag Post

i have a really usefull strategy for low level players (<100, or maybe even a little higher), for those who’d like to know,
in this range the bloodhound gem, not even mentioned in this topic, really disgraceful, is really powerful used in combination with swarm monsters, and monster amount multipliers, to illustrate, in endurance, if you use at first some lime(chain) gems to deal with the first waves, then combine them with the red(bloodhound) gems, because kills will still count then, you will be able to hit the first, at least, 100 waves with ease, and if you’de like, combine them with yellow(multiple damage) gems, to really dig out the bloodhound effect, because the bloodhound effect is aplied before the multiple damage, i don’t know if this strategy works just as well for higher levels yet, im just 60:$, but i can beat endurance with swarm monsters and quadruple monsters mode on, that means 200 monsters a wave!!!, with ease to get a massive multiplier to boom my level real quick

ps real good topic, just a shame that half of it is a useless yes-no like discussion

Flag Post

this is not a strategy discussion. it’s an faq thread.

Flag Post

okey, i’ll put it another way, i’d like to know, how the bloodhound gem performs on higher grades???

Flag Post
Originally posted by warmaster93:

okey, i’ll put it another way, i’d like to know, how the bloodhound gem performs on higher grades???

Useless with grades >8.

Flag Post

yep. look at those G50’s for an example.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t say Bloodbound gems are “useless” at higher grades, but more like “vastly outperformed” by other gem types.

Flag Post

Plz forgive me if the answer is in the first comment but i couldnt find it. What is the best map choice for pure giants?