FAQs: Please read before posting. page 3

346 posts

Flag Post

Unfortunately, there’s no way to know how many monsters you killed after the battle is over. You can check while the battle is in progress, but after it’s over, you can’t tell. If you really want to know, wait until the last wave (ideally until all monsters are on the field), and add up all the counts as well as the count of monsters on the field. The only reason you want to wait until all monsters are on the field is that sometimes the waves overlap, so if there’s monsters waiting that are not yet on the field, you might not know if they’re from the last wave or from one of the ones just before it. If the last waves are all the same type, it doesn’t matter. For my monster-count map, I just summoned every single wave, and then added up the monsters on field plus those waiting to get the totals, but this is just a count of total monsters, not split up by type.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:
Originally posted by lancehalberd:
Originally posted by superxchloe:

by the way- On G13, you “only” need to do 10.8k monsters/wave to get a 50x summon multiplier. I’m not a high enough level to attempt this.

You can get this down to 4,815 per wave if you turn on the giant monsters only modifier. Still too hard for me, but probably reasonable once your are 2000+

Backfired on me. I tried,but i got more summoned then killed,lol… >.>

Interesting. Did you confirm you actually got more summoned than killed? Or did you just infer this because you got 0 for a summoning multiplier? If you in fact got more summoned than killed, you should be able to get an insane multiplier by just stopping right before your summons exceed your kills (assuming it isn’t capped at 50). You’ll need to get the difference to be less than 24 for it to be interesting though, around 4 or less would be ideal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:
Originally posted by superxchloe:

by the way- On G13, you “only” need to do 10.8k monsters/wave to get a 50x summon multiplier. I’m not a high enough level to attempt this.

You can get this down to 4,815 per wave if you turn on the giant monsters only modifier. Still too hard for me, but probably reasonable once your are 2000+

Backfired on me. I tried,but i got more summoned then killed,lol… >.>

Interesting. Did you confirm you actually got more summoned than killed? Or did you just infer this because you got 0 for a summoning multiplier? If you in fact got more summoned than killed, you should be able to get an insane multiplier by just stopping right before your summons exceed your kills (assuming it isn’t capped at 50). You’ll need to get the difference to be less than 24 for it to be interesting though, around 4 or less would be ideal.

Confirmed. 62042 killed, 62048 summoned.

Flag Post

Heheh, so if you could have gotten that within 6 on the other side (6 less instead of 6 more) that would have been a 134 multiplier, which is getting close to as good as you can do on Endurance.
If you could somehow get it within 1 you could get a multiplier of about 350.

Having said that, since there is apparently a glitch, it probably works just as well on other levels with any number of waves. A multiplier of 1000 would take about 500,000 kills. With +20 waves turned on, that might not be unreasonable, and if you did it on a level worth 3000xp to begin with, that could give you a pretty solid score 3000×91×4x1000 is just over 1 trillion experience. Has anyone hit that mark yet?

On the other hand, such a run would presumably take a while, and if you didn’t get exactly within 1 or even worse, somehow went over, that would be pretty awful. However, if you can get the glitch to work in advance (say 10 rounds before you complete), you could potentially go over a bit and then work it out by not summoning extra monsters on the following rounds.

Do you have any idea on how the glitch works at all. For instance, under what circumstances it even happens? I tried briefly but was unable to get summoned > killed, but I was not summoning that many.

Flag Post

ack, just over a billion, not a trillion…

Flag Post

okey, question – How do I reveal M13 and A1 ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Surmonis:

K9 and L9 challenges.

Flag Post

Seriously? This is the FAQ thread! It even says “read before posting” right there in the subject line! This question was answered in the first post. (#15) Sheesh. Guess you can’t fix lazy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by almos:

K9 and L9 challenges.

Please. Just don’t answer anyone who does this. If they can’t even read the friggin’ first post which explicitly answers the question and was made TO answer such questions, then honestly, they don’t deserve being answered.

Heheh, so if you could have gotten that within 6 on the other side (6 less instead of 6 more) that would have been a 134 multiplier, which is getting close to as good as you can do on Endurance.

Having said that, since there is apparently a glitch, it probably works just as well on other levels with any number of waves. A multiplier of 1000 would take about 500,000 kills. With +20 waves turned on, that might not be unreasonable, and if you did it on a level worth 3000xp to begin with, that could give you a pretty solid score 3000×91×4×1000 is just over 1 trillion experience. Has anyone hit that mark yet?

On the other hand, such a run would presumably take a while, and if you didn’t get exactly within 1 or even worse, somehow went over, that would be pretty awful. However, if you can get the glitch to work in advance (say 10 rounds before you complete), you could potentially go over a bit and then work it out by not summoning extra monsters on the following rounds.

Do you have any idea on how the glitch works at all. For instance, under what circumstances it even happens? I tried briefly but was unable to get summoned > killed, but I was not summoning that many.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this no-endurance-but-still-counts-as-a-win-when-you-lose bug seems VERY hard to come by. Thelol is the only one I’ve seen experience it before. So purposefully reproducing it seems very hard.
Not to mention it would be really cheap…

Flag Post

according to thelol, he didn’t lose, there is a bug that causes the counts to mess up in some cases (perhaps kills fail to register in some cases if you summon too much at once or there are too many monsters on the screen?)
I’m skeptical of any bug until I’ve seen proof or been able to reproduce, but it sounds like it could be fun to explore if we can get any more information on it.
It would be cheap, but then once you’ve reached the highest score that is possible on endurance mode, at least it is something interesting and new to look at.

Flag Post

Hey. Just wondering, I saw people talking about monsters not having enough armour to warrant a purple gem and whatnot, saying the highest monster armour they had seen was a few hundred. Pretty sure the monsters I was slaying last night were rocking out armours well into the 10^x thousands. Am I insane? Also – is it worth it to have a li’l o/p/l trap before your o/l/b trap before your y/l/wtfevar trap?
Additionally – about what gem level do you need on the stage, and about what wizard level would you need before finishing an endurance with ALL the multipliers (faster stronger included, I’ve finished without it, but not with it yet)?

Flag Post

I have seen a pic with a monster of 500M armor, but the gem hitting it was 100M base and 3000x yellow, resulting in that armor worth a 0.16% damage deflected. Why do you need purple, if you can boost yellow by a measly 1.0 to earn a lot more than a purple gives even at the grade 30?

To defeat the full-setting endurance, you need a grade 29 or more lime/yellow, with lime being less important, and with grade ~27 amps. That gem should finish any monster with 1e13 HP with a few hits, so take top damage, multiply it by yellow, and consider if it’s worth to up the grade more. This also depends on your Resonance skill level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by anakin2177:
Originally posted by almos:

K9 and L9 challenges.

Please. Just don’t answer anyone who does this. If they can’t even read the friggin’ first post which explicitly answers the question and was made TO answer such questions, then honestly, they don’t deserve being answered.

Having said that, since there is apparently a glitch, it probably works just as well on other levels with any number of waves. A multiplier of 1000 would take about 500,000 kills. With +20 waves turned on, that might not be unreasonable, and if you did it on a level worth 3000xp to begin with, that could give you a pretty solid score 3000×91×4×1000 is just over 1 trillion experience. Has anyone hit that mark yet?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this no-endurance-but-still-counts-as-a-win-when-you-lose bug seems VERY hard to come by. Thelol is the only one I’ve seen experience it before. So purposefully reproducing it seems very hard.
Not to mention it would be really cheap…

No no,the bug was more summoned than killed.
the fact that i couldent bring the game up without computer crashing MIGHT be a clue….
Me using a bug to get a grade 252 l/y killgem might be a clue too.

Flag Post

so thelol, you use cheat engine to create “bugs”? How disgraceful.

Flag Post

i am pretty sure that he used cheated standalone version, 1.12.

Flag Post

I read the first post and didn’t see this covered, so please forgive me if it has been. I’ve been reading a lot of threads that folks here have linked, and I came across a post in the CH0 forum about GCL and I’m wondering if anyone could let me know if this is still the case. The statement was, essentially, that mana gain is not effected by the 3x speed, or perhaps that it can’t keep up. If this is true, what is the point of the triple speed setting? Thanks in advance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Delauney:

I read the first post and didn’t see this covered, so please forgive me if it has been. I’ve been reading a lot of threads that folks here have linked, and I came across a post in the CH0 forum about GCL and I’m wondering if anyone could let me know if this is still the case. The statement was, essentially, that mana gain is not effected by the 3x speed, or perhaps that it can’t keep up. If this is true, what is the point of the triple speed setting? Thanks in advance.

if your gem(s) have high speed, then triple speed will be useless and your gem will probally shoot SLOWER!(meaning lower mana gain)
if your gem(s) have low speed, then triple speed will speed up EVERYTHING

Flag Post

Thanks, Calvin. That explains a lot, really. I’ve been playing endurance on high speed and was wondering why I was getting mana starved as the game progressed, when I was earning it hand over fist early on, and this cleared that right up. I figured that the 3x speed applied proportionately to all the settings (firing speed, monster speed, etc). I wish that would be addressed in the game’s tooltips, but at least now I know.

Flag Post

It was fixed in 1.14 version.
-when played with 3x speed, very high grade gems were firing 3x slower than with 1x game speed
http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2011/04/gc-labyrinth-update-v-1-14/

Flag Post

Hmm, that’s confusing, then. Thanks for the link to the patch notes, Gremlion.

Flag Post

The apparent mana starvation may be a result of reduced or lack of summoning at later waves. Mana farms are probably the easiest way to correct this.

Flag Post

True, InfiniteVoid. I do tend to get bored with angering and eventually just let it run its course. I usually get a G24 pretty comfortably into the death trap and then get impatient waiting for the pool to extend enough that I can easily make the higher grades. Since I’m not using max settings yet, the 24 is high enough to beat endurance with no banishment (assuming I’ve not screwed up my method or overangered early on, obviously). Still, I wouldn’t mind having a higher grade in there.

Flag Post

I just over summoned monsters and their hit points/armor combo were much higher than I could kill. The monsters looked darker than usual. Are monsters with higher armor ratings darker in color?

Flag Post

BlakeLupa, yes, every summoning adds a shade of dark to the monsters. I was able to summon nearly entirely black monsters.

Flag Post

Oh, lol. They have color. Wow, orange giants so beautiful.
Shade of dark based on number of summonings, not on armor rating (last waves have highest armor and red hue)
For me monster’s hue looks like “dark green – dark green – black -black… -no monsters on screen till the end”.
With 10-12 angers you will have entirely black monsters.