FAQs: Please read before posting. page 4

346 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

so thelol, you use cheat engine to create “bugs”? How disgraceful.

Nope. a GLITCH, NOT A HACK.

Flag Post

oh you speak about 1.12 where it was possible to autoextend pool ad infinitum? Okay then :) but, if you sill experience problems with starting GCL, do check your software.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lancehalberd:

Heheh, so if you could have gotten that within 6 on the other side (6 less instead of 6 more) that would have been a 134 multiplier, which is getting close to as good as you can do on Endurance.
If you could somehow get it within 1 you could get a multiplier of about 350.

Having said that, since there is apparently a glitch, it probably works just as well on other levels with any number of waves. A multiplier of 1000 would take about 500,000 kills. With +20 waves turned on, that might not be unreasonable, and if you did it on a level worth 3000xp to begin with, that could give you a pretty solid score 3000×91×4×1000 is just over 1 trillion experience. Has anyone hit that mark yet?

On the other hand, such a run would presumably take a while, and if you didn’t get exactly within 1 or even worse, somehow went over, that would be pretty awful. However, if you can get the glitch to work in advance (say 10 rounds before you complete), you could potentially go over a bit and then work it out by not summoning extra monsters on the following rounds.

Do you have any idea on how the glitch works at all. For instance, under what circumstances it even happens? I tried briefly but was unable to get summoned > killed, but I was not summoning that many.

Summon LOTZ. I summoned just over 6k/wave. Giants only.

Flag Post

oh you speak about 1.12 where it was possible to autoextend pool ad infinitum? Okay then :) but, if you sill experience problems with starting GCL, do check your software.

Nope,got mana higher than max mana,got infinte mana,tada.

Flag Post

Is collection form mana shards multplied by mana multipliers? I haven’t been able to notice any effect.

EDIT: Also, I think that the “I” hotkey needs its own point in the FAQ: if you accidentally press it you can’t see your gems’ info anymore. This is very distressing if you don’t know why it happened.

Flag Post

good call khanh. I’ll add it. I am 95% certain that the mana collected from shards is NOT multiplied by anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superxchloe:

good call khanh. I’ll add it. I am 95% certain that the mana collected from shards is NOT multiplied by anything.

I agree. after all, it would be strange to extract 55 mana from a shard that contains only 50.

Flag Post

So the best strategy at the beginning of a level with mana shards is to reinvest your mana into the firing speed of your gems so that you can collect faster. Mana pooling before the shards are depleted is a waste?

Flag Post

Based on your preferences. Sometimes i understand that level had manashards after setting final defense.
I almost never care about it.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t say it’s a waste at all. Shards aren’t your only source of mana, and pooling will always increase your other mana sources from monster killing, orange gem hits, and just general replenishing. It might be worth holding off on summoning new waves (non-Endurance) or super-angering until the shards are depleted. That way you don’t have so many monsters that your gems are all needed for defense and you can’t spare anything for the shards. But mana pooling early is still a good idea, in that you’ll get more mana from other sources, which you can then invest to upgrade your shard-draining gems, and thus drain them faster, getting even more mana, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:

Nope,got mana higher than max mana,got infinte mana,tada.

…and the problem is you can’t get higher than cap mana and even if you do you wouldn’t have infinite mana

Flag Post

reading back the forum i am starting to feel more noobish… :)
the formula for summon multiplier made me feel even more noobish….

i don’t understand it… :(
(it’s been over 13 years since i seriously did anything with math)
i did the first pylon level to check it out:
monsters killed : 1755
monsters summoned: 1749
summon multiplier was: x20.28

is there anybody who isn’t too annoyed by my stupidity to explain how it works to me?
i expected to be closer to a x 50 multiplier

Flag Post

it’s (killed/(killed-summoned))^.53
so for you it would be:
(1755/(1755-1749))^.53
(1755/6)^.53=20.28
If you had summoned with another G1 (assuming violent explosions), your summon number would be 1754, so your summon multiplier would have been 50.
Without violent explosions, another G1 summon would get you a multiplier of 36.3.

Flag Post

does the ‘^’ mean ‘times itself’?
(like the small 2 in square meter…)

(don’t know the correct english word for it)

Flag Post

the ^ means “to the”. so ^2 is squared (times itself), ^3 is cubed (times itself, then times itself again).

killed        
killed-summoned

put all that in parenthesis and then put a .53 superscript top right. does that help?

Flag Post

the ^ means “to the”. so ^2 is squared (times itself), ^3 is cubed (times itself, then times itself again).

killed        
killed-summoned

put all that in parenthesis and then put a .53 superscript top right. does that help?

um… why don’t you just put x0.53?
because i was wondering too

Flag Post

because this text input is terrible and most people who do any kind of math on a computer know ^ means a power.

Flag Post

helps a lot!
thank you for the quick replies!

Flag Post

because this text input is terrible and most people who do any kind of math on a computer know ^ means a power.

Except when it means bitwise XOR

Flag Post

ok to be fair i also wrote it out a couple pages back comparing grem’s formula and mine.

Flag Post

Is there a list anywhere of what maps have beacons?

Flag Post

There isn’t. If you’re going for the journey amulets for destroying beacons though, H1 has 10.

Flag Post

Or just check this Labyrinth Map

Flag Post

I’ve got one:

10 beacons: H1
6 beacons: B9, E2
5 beacons: H9
4 beacons: B2, B4, C6, D12, F9, K1, M6
3 beacons: A8, E6, I12, J5
2 beacons: A11, C9, F10, L10, M11
1 beacon: A4, F1, I4

And if you’re looking for any other lists of what levels have X, I’ve got that too. It’s all in a big Excel file, so I can access it easily.

Flag Post

How many tombs are on each map? So far they are my best source of XP from replaying levels because I don’t have premium. Yet.