Rank all gems on efficiency(and why) page 2

36 posts

Flag Post

yeah, at most you’re given 5- three from wild gem, and two from the given gems (IF they happen to be disjoint sets, which happens a few times). Prismatic gems would be most excellent.

Flag Post

Hmm, I think I need to make a chart that combines the given and wild gem charts so you can see all of them at once. I’m now curious how many levels actually give you 5 different colors. I can confirm that the 3rd and 4th Pylon levels each have 6 colors available between the two. The other two only have 5 each, and none have the possible 7 maximum. There’s probably a bunch of other levels which have 5 colors.

Flag Post

In towers and Amps amplifying towers:

Yellow>lime>cyan>blue>poison>orange>red>purple. Yellow is great because it deals its original damage times 2+, and just double damage is good. Lime is also great because it hits multiple foes at once and when in a trap, it is also a multiplier, but it is then divided by the amount of foes hit, and the armor modifier is taken into account before the multiplier instead of after. Cyan is great as well because it freezes foes, making you able to get more hits in. Blue is good because it slows the monster, but it’s worse than cyan because it doesn’t freeze the monsters. Poison is only kind of good because it’s only useful if the foes have insanely high armor and if you have almost no skill points in resonance. Orange is slightly good because it gives you more mana, but the mana gain is only high enough to be useful at grades >8. Orange can be useful if you mix chain hit with it and put it in a trap. Red stinks because you have to kill lots of foes for the damage increase to be useful. Purple is almost useless because it’s armor tearing is tiny until grade 14+. Yellow is almost omnipotent when you combine it with lime and orange and put it in a trap, because it gives lots of mana and has two damage multipliers.

In traps and amps amplifying traps: Lime>yellow>cyan>Blue>Green>Orange>Red>Purple

The reasoning is the same for all of the colors except yellow and lime, and they switched places because when in a trap, lime is a multiplier, hits multiplier foes, AND multiplies the amount of mana you gain if orange is one of its components as well as lime.

Flag Post

GUBUMP F.F.S. stop necro-bumping threads from a year ago. Your opinions on these topics are completely useless, you are just taking info from other more recent threads and reposting. None of these people who used to post are going to see this and think you actually contributed anything. If they still frequent these forums they will have known what you posted a long time ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by namedoesntfi:

GUBUMP F.F.S. stop necro-bumping threads from a year ago. Your opinions on these topics are completely useless, you are just taking info from other more recent threads and reposting. None of these people who used to post are going to see this and think you actually contributed anything. If they still frequent these forums they will have known what you posted a long time ago.

namedoesntfi,
I didn’t take gubump’s post as fact, fallacy or opinion. I saw it as info from an unknown source that one would appreciate but be wary of and which did not have to be hunted down. I don’t care if it was from one day ago or one year ago. I’m level 750 on my second go-around, first time was past L-1000 before moving on to something else but even with that exp I was very much interested in his post. Makes no sense to attack and try an degrade someone who was trying to be of help. Perhaps you should try that sometime.

Flag Post

Jthames,
I am not attacking him just to be a jerk. In fact, I wouldn’t call what I did attacking him anyway. More like a strongly worded request. The are plenty of threads like this that are much more recent, with far more information in them. This was like his 10th necro bumb of the day, and each one was practically useless. My response wasn’t necessarily about the post on this thread in particular, but to his posts as a whole. If it had simply been this one post, I’d have held my tongue (or fingers I suppose).

Maybe this will surprise you, but I do make helpful posts. In fact, all of my other posts are such posts, which if you had taken the time to check before assuming, you would know.

Flag Post

namedoesntfi, I would call that attacking me, and also, I didn’t get that info from other posts, I actually got it from playing the game, and so far, I haven’t seen a single post by you that isn’t either trolling me, useless, or both.

Flag Post

red isnt as bad as you described it, only problem with red is the fact it’s best when you use them in towers from the beginning, or mix it with an existing gem (that has a nice kill count) at later lvls (in a map) on it’s own red is indeed quite weak.
I usually mix it with yellow and you have a pretty strong gem to put in a 8 amplifier setup.

Different ppl different ways to play.

Flag Post

Ah, at the beginning I would do either: (Way, WAY beginning, please don’t complain)

Lime-Yellow-Red (Hell yeah!)
Blue-Orange-Cyan (Spam mana)

Unfortunately, since this was way back at the beginning, like, the first 15 fields, you have to use up 500 mana to unlock third type. Otherwise these are fun, if not good.

Flag Post

Mine: Lime>Yellow=Orange>>>Cyan>>Blue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Purple=Red>>>>Green

Flag Post

Highly depends on your level.
After I was 1000+ (or was it 500+?), all I cared was L+Y+O, now I use only L+Y for easier maintenance (I was squishing O out anyways). :D
I stopped using other gems eons ago – almost after completing their achievements. :DDD
Oh, and I play the 1T+8A single-gem strategy – works for me. :DDDDD