Field C3 - Suggestions?

14 posts

Flag Post

I cannot seem to get get past C3.

Any suggestions?

Currently level 73 and I did cough up the $5 for premium.

Flag Post

You definitely want to do the standard wild gem destruction to boost mana trick, and also max triple gem. Replay some earlier fields to level up.

Basically what I think I did was made two LYO gems on either side of the orb with amplifiers, then made a clockwise wraparound maze with walls. Put some shrines in right next to your orb to kill whatever gets too close. Build the maze from the inside to the outside.

Flag Post

Clearly I am out of the loop on the current Gemcraft strategy. LYO = Lime Yellow Orange?

Ok. Rearranging all my skill points, getting set to do some reading, and trying it again.

Thank you.

Flag Post

yes, Lime Yellow Orange.
Skills to max out as soon as you can: Wild gem, Forge, Construction, Violent Explosions, Lime, yellow, and orange masteries, Triple gem mastery, Flexibility, Recharge.
Put a couple points into ritual if you’ve got like 3k battle amulets.

I personally didn’t actually do what I said above- I’d max out dual gem and the masteries for the given gems on the map, and then just use those to win the level.

Flag Post

Heres my layout. As you can see i have 4 gems in the inventory. Just as a hint the best way to make dual gems is to make a grade 2Y and combine with grade 2Y/L and then get a G 2L and combine with a grade 2Y/L and then combine the two. You will end up with a grade 4 with significantly increased powers than by simply mixing two grade 3s. USe this tactic along with the 1 gem 8 amplifiers technique to finish the level. These tactics can be applied to every map but its up to you to make a wall layout there.

EDIT: I forgot; also use ‘armored only’ monster setting.

Flag Post

And…. I’m past it. :)

Thank you all!

Flag Post

Seriously, I suddenly feel like I’m cheating…. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Demonwolf:
You definitely want to do the standard wild gem destruction to boost mana trick—

I had to start using that trick on J4.

Flag Post

So… MANY… walls…

Flag Post

Well, after beeing failing for at least a dozen times on that field trying to build mazes…
I tryed the Gremlion’s configuration.

Worked. oO

Damn, a single high-lvl gem is more efficient that several mid-lvls. Especially with red.

Flag Post

One very powerful gem will work on everything except Swarms, unless said gem has a fairly good Lime component.

Flag Post

swarms included, in fact, your gem just needs to have a heck of firing speed to select all them swarms while they run.

Flag Post

and you probally want lime too

Flag Post

…Are you a wizard? That worked incredibly well.