Challenge Amulet: Field L9 (Kill 7,000 monsters) HELP NEEDED

24 posts

Flag Post

I tried the field on L9 on endurance with armored only to try and get the amulet to unlock a corner field. Played up to wave~200+ with many towers and amps with either pure armor tearing, triples of L/C/O, P/C/B and a mana farm with L/C/O gems in it. All gems at this stage were G12-15. At this point, monsters had very HP and took ages to kill. Unfortunately my PC crashed and went BSOD so I lost my progress (grrrrrboohoosob). Any advice for a easier way to accomplish this challenge? I would like some help soon…

Cheers,
Jozef C

Flag Post

use mana trap. Basically, period. As soon as you can afford a G7, make a L/O G7 and place it in a trap at the entrance so all the monsters will pass above it. Upgrade it along with your main gem. Use mana to anger early waves. And use giants only, if you’re capable of 200+ waves, they are easier.

Flag Post

Ok, thanks a heap! Will try that. So basically, all traps and no towers?

Flag Post

You can do traps only if your level is pretty high, but before that, you need towers. So get Y/L tower and L/O trap, and watch how it should run quicker than anything you’ve met before.

Flag Post

In the current process of your strategy, worked very well! So helpful although the monsters have ridiculously high HP and take AGES too kill. I have a O/L/C, pure purple x2, Y/P and pure yellow x2 surrounded by 8-9 amps at grades of 12-15. Any advice? Have killed 4,189 so far.

Flag Post

make an Y/L/P tower and 8 amps stuffed with all yellow, and upgrade it with yellow gems of same grade. If your lime is above 5 targets, it’s good. Purple is irrelevant once you will get 10x yellow, and it will progress further.

Flag Post

Ok, done that. The highest grade I can get up to is 16. Is that high enough? Btw, it will take ages to mana pool up to 3.000.000+ (required for a G17…).

Flag Post

I hope I don’t agitate you with all these questions (sorry, lol) but I feel this will never end. I am at wave 250+ and can barely finish a wave back from the 100s.

Flag Post

Using giant monsters btw.

Flag Post

Should I summon a bucketful of them?

Flag Post

Only summon up to what you can handle, if it’s grade 16, take the max damage, multiply it by the highest multiplier for extra damage and multiply that by about 3 or 4, and summon until the hp of the monsters reach that number. It’s simple once you get the hang of it.

Flag Post

With your mana farm gem keep to about 100 targets i create a gem which is 15 parts lime 15 parts orange and 2 parts yellow put it in a trap an upgrade keep a gem in a tower about the same grade and anger so the monsters just pass the trap then once the lime component is about 100 hits add a gem which is 15 parts orange and one of yellow. Have the gem you are upgrading with in an amp at the level which you can duplicate it. When you need to increase your gems just hold d over the gem which you are upgrading with until it you get 32 of them and then do shift+g and you will have a gem 4 grades higher, the mana farm should produce enough mana that this will be done in seconds. i did this in 150 waves i think and im lvl 160

Flag Post

Ok thx for the help. I was really stupid. I summoned about a 1000+ giant monsters with 16 billion HP. Game is so laggy, so I bought heaps of lightning shrines to try and solve the prob but the are like f$@king invincible. Can you guys help me?

Flag Post

you don’t have G17? i’m SURE you have 250k mana…

Flag Post

No worries, finished it now! Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

Flag Post

g17 is 7M mana, calvindang.

Flag Post

You make 32 grade 12, though going up to at least a million mana should be easy…depends on focus.

Flag Post

Why don’t use swarm only with a lot of grade 5 lime gems in towers?
That’s how i did all of those 7K kill challenges.

Flag Post

swarm only, quad monsters, endurance. no angering.

Flag Post

Actually, that’s a really good strategy! I did this without endurance with some last minute angering, but nevertheless it really helps! Mana farming is essential with this too. Nice thinking…

Flag Post

With premium, sure. But you’ll get them anyway along with max xp just doing full endurance.

They’re possible non-premium, but not with swarm (probably not even using my level 6k game) and much easier with normal number of monsters. Random or armored, up the mana farm aggressively. Random for the one with only 12-15 waves, and lots of giant waves to get enough mana to summon and kill 7k.

Flag Post

It’s definitely possible with swarms only in non-premium. Probably not the easiest way to do it, but I can say from experience that it can be done. (I don’t think I got the “No Monsters Reach Your Orb” amulet every time.) I did all of the challenges (except the 100 waves ones obviously) before I got Premium.

Flag Post

What? I use that method TBTBTBTBTBTBTB?
RSRSRSRSRSRSRS O
TBTBTBTBTBTBTB?

Flag Post

Well, I started with 3 level 5 Lime gems, each with 1 amp of the same level.
Then i created a dual Lime/Orange grade 2 in a trap, 4 tiles from the entrance, with 6 amps of the same gem. I then added a dual Yellow/Orange grade 2 to all the L/O. After that i continued to upgrade them or the mana pool if it was cheaper. When they got to grade 13, i builded some more setups like this along the map and left my computer for a while. I got bored at wave 700 becase i couldn’t die, as i got more mana form the traps, than i lost from the monsters.

I was playing with swarms only, by the way