Damage required for WGTF Completion

24 posts

Flag Post

So if i do an endurance with every setting EXCEPT Waves get tougher faster, having a Yellow/Lime/Orange (Orange squished) Gem with a damage minimum of around 120 million (Usually grade 22 around 353’000 minimum with a 340x damage multiplier). With this gem i can just send all waves and be done. I could probably even go a little lower as monsters die almost as they spawn

So i tried putting waves get tougher faster on, got a grade 26 gem with 1.3 Billion damage (1’521’118, 886x Multiplier). Sent all waves, got absolutely smashed around wave 190. What kind of gem would i need to reach to actually finish a Full settings Endurance?

Mana farm isn’t a problem, mana generation is crazy, just wondering how far i have to go on the kill gem

Flag Post

I get nervous with anything less than a grade 30 killing gem to finish full-settings Endurance (amplified by at least grade-26 gems). It might be possible with a lesser setup, but I’d be even more anxious about triggering Send All-Waves, so I chicken.

Flag Post

hmm, thanks for the advice. I’ll try and get a grade 30 set up (thought it’ll take a while).

Flag Post

With amplifiers ~100mln damage and x3000+ crit
Usually I had ~G30 gem and G28 in amplifiers. (449 mln manapool, 4 fullsheets for killgem, 1 for amplifier)
Sometimes higher(more entrances), sometimes lower.

Flag Post

Yah, that amount of damage. Depends on resonance, you might not have to go to 30 (but another 4 sheets of 22s is nothing at that point except a few mouse clicks).

Most important thing is gem set to random target, with others you waste too many shots.

Flag Post

Cheers for the answers, that’s very helpful i should now be able to complete levels on full settings, getting the most exp per map i can. Even on >>> Speed watching your mana pool fill up 10 times a second, it still takes a while.

Flag Post

Random target?

Flag Post

Ok reports of my success:
I got a grade 31
23’234’482 – 127’158’350
5402x Multiplier

Was JUST not enough, i was falling behind, but still had my mana farm going so i could farm up:

Grade 32
28’446’332 – 159’400’846
6686x Multiplier

Sent all waves, smashed em. Also would like to note the difference between waves get tougher faster on and off is triple
Off: 13457x Map Exp
On: 40341x Map Exp

Flag Post

The grade 31 seems to be overkill already. Targeting on gem is set to random creature and you have some lime (like 10-20 hits is all you need)?

Flag Post

WGTF increases the Endurance Multiplier by an extra 0.05 per wave, so over the course of 1337 waves, the Endurance Multiplier is increased by 66.85 (final Endurance Multiplier’s something like 138.xx, the actual number’s posted elsewhere in this forum). It’s definitely far more than a simple tripling of gained XP.

That G31 you constructed is averaging 406.2 billion damage per hit, so against the maxed out 10 trillion HP monsters you face for the last ~1100 waves, that gem needs on average 25 hits to kill (worst case 80, best case 16). At that point, it should have such an absurdly fast firing rate that 25 hits are achieved very quickly, so I would think that the G31 was enough.

The G32 averages 627.9 billion damage per hit, just over 50% more damage on average than the G31, so it kills the 10 trillion HP monsters in 16 hits on average (worst case 53, best case 10).

Flag Post

Yeah the difference between the G31 and G32 was minor, but it was the difference. Also i’m saying the difference between maxed settings, and everything on except wages get tougher faster is about 3×. (As i listed above)

Flag Post

when i completed the first lvl endurance WGTF etc i needed a G32 gem too. the damage depends on resonance(and the amount of yellow in your gem ofc).. so dont forget that in your calculations infiniteVoid

Flag Post

Yah, that’s why we used specific numbers for damage :) Pretty sure I finished first endurance with a gem well below 300billion damage, but I needed to stop the send all waves every 100 or so and let the gem clear everything out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FredABlog:

It might be possible with a lesser setup, but I’d be even more anxious about triggering Send All-Waves, so I chicken.

If you send all waves and realize that was a mistake, you can click the next wave, and it will stop sending waves after that.

Flag Post

Yup. That’s partly what I mean by “chicken”, player_03…. I daren’t walk away after triggering Send All Waves—-I have to keep the mouse over the rising waves, just in case.

Flag Post

But you can wait until you get those max HP waves. If your gem eats them right away, you may leave.

Flag Post

Sometimes you get 4-5 16monster waves in a row and then you can be overwhelmed.

Flag Post

Just a general ‘thank you’ to you guys for this post. For a long time I’ve been avoiding clicking on WGTF, but now that I’ve figured out how to improve my traps so that I’m able to easily get high-level gems, I’m able to handle WGTF endurance.

for my first attempt, I created a level 34 gem. I admit this was overkill, but it also meant that the last 1100 or so waves zoomed by in very short order. And I gained 200 levels, so that’s nothing to sneeze at!

Flag Post

Um, the problem with the MAX DMG needed, is that the ARMOR also rises a LOT.
I’m typically playing without WGTF, so if by wave 500 you can keep them at a steady 10-15 monsters on-field – this is no proof that you won’t get flooded by wave 1000, when their armor will reach nearly your max dmg.
I had to upgrade my gems a level or two to get rid of this problem.
And with WGTF, it probably is even worse.
Another key to easier kills – Shock and/or Slow.
Build a big-range (field-size is the best, proportions don’t matter so much) Shock-Slow-Multitarget and make it Random-targeting.
The monsters will just mostly sit there, until you wipe them out. :DDD

Flag Post

I think WGTF only affects HP. Which means that armor is less of a concern, ie. if armor is noticable you wouldn’t kill the monsters anyway because of their HP.

Flag Post

Armor rises more quickly during WGTF. On the other hand armor during WGTF means… -1 to crit multiplier. That’s all. Final gem must have ~3k crit… Nothing.
If someone want to anger after 120+ wave… it is his problem.

Flag Post

I did J11 on all settings (Battle Settings Multiplier = 75.76x) and managed to defeat the final wave with 2x Grade 33 gems. It is definitely possible to do it with 1 G33 gem, probably possible to do it with 1G32 gem. The final waves had an armour of > 100 million, but my gems had max damage of >100 million with multipliers of >1000.

I took a screenshot of the endurance results (138.42x) however I don’t know how to upload it here. I will save it until someone tells me how to (if its possible).

My final score was 36,659,403

Flag Post

tinypic.com

Flag Post

This is the lowest damage setup for my level:

A A
AKA
A A

A=grade 27 amp

K=grade 28 trap kill gem

With just this, I can obliterate max battle setting waves. And it only takes 130 waves to do this!