gemcraft 2

409 posts

Flag Post

i’m not sure if there is a thread for this allready(i couldnt find one) so i’m making one.
the upcoming gemcraft 2 discussion thread!
this is a first screenshot release from the developer for the people who havent allready seen it:

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/gc2-screenshot-2011dec16.jpg

original blog post:

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2011/12/gemcraft-2-first-screenshot-happy-holidays/

what would you guys want to see changed/added to GC2?
if we give good feedback here maybe i’ll summarize it and send it to the developer.

Flag Post

Is there any info elsewhere? The blog post is more than 3 months old, making suggestions off of that wouldn’t seem very productive.

Flag Post

as far as i know that’s where they post updates on the development. the general ideas of the game mechanics are not going to change fast i think. so we’ll have to work with this info.

personally he has some solid ideas there. one particular thing i like is that he’s throwing away the amulet system for xp multiplier. it’s good to read that how good you play overall in your game will influence the amount of xp you earn. eg. the amount of kills you get, amount of summoning, mana earned etc

Flag Post

- Gem specials were hugely unbalanced, there’s a number of ways to address this.
- Level layout didn’t matter enough, or nests/monster booster things were too easily destroyed.
- The game shouldn’t get easier for higher xp return (giant/armored only being biggest offender).

Off the top of my head. The new mechanics mentioned seem interesting, but not enough info to see problems/areas to improve.

Flag Post

ARE we gonna get the new game any soon?
ANY chance to find this out?

Flag Post

new update about GC2
you can read it here:
http://gameinabottle.com/blog/
seems like in a few weeks we will be able to discuss the new game better.

Flag Post

This made me play GC:L again :) I’m level 602 now :D

Flag Post

Level 700 bithozzz ;)

Flag Post

I’m glad they didn’t stop. Hope the GC2 will have challenges for everyone, including nigh-impossible ones to boast. :)

Flag Post

If angering doesn’t get nerfed in GC2 I’d sure appreciate a way to select multiple gems with which to bomb.

Flag Post

“The summoning system will go through some changes too, making monsters rather tougher than rapidly increasing their numbers, making summoning still rewarding while at the same time less demanding on the cpu.”

BTW level 778. I think I’m ready for Chapter 2 ;)

Flag Post

hey Craven, are you premium? If yes, it’s very easy to get levels there, if not, good thing you hone your skills :)

Flag Post

I bet that he have premium. Pylons can give 400th level, and 200 levels from other fields will took more time than he played(15-20 apr),

Flag Post

Yep, I have premium. What battle settings are locked without premium?

Generally once you’re strong enough you can play with Quadruple/Tenfold/Giant’s only/20 waves/ faster monstersincreased banishment cost+ banished heal + shadow clash
It’s quick and gets you 90+ multiplier. So ~3 levels per game is common.

Flag Post

Or you can beat full endurance in a hour and get 20 times more exp.

Flag Post

Yeah I managed that but only on some maps. If you manage to reach lvl 18 yellow/lime/orange you’re pretty much done. But I failed on quite a few maps.

Flag Post

18 grade? Not even hardest settings?

check this and other

Flag Post

I will see whole thing thanks, however I see that this guy must have some insane exp level… This ridiculous number of skill points makes it kinda easy for him ;)

Anyway something strange is happening actually. I can’t beat endurance levels I managed to beat few days ago with lower level O.O
I have no idea what’s wrong, I guess some glitch, because I’m doing it exactly the same way, yet before supergem lvl 16 I’m dead…

Flag Post

You started to play with waves getting tougher faster. It need 30 grade gem, not 18 as without.

Flag Post

Nah I didn’t use that. Exactly same settings, same map.

Anyway I did giant-endurance J6 with little more effort, but I got bored around wave 500 with gem level 22. So I could get better gem, but this was more than enough to beat it.

Flag Post

Ctrl+click on wave stone?

Flag Post

aye

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

You started to play with waves getting tougher faster. It need 30 grade gem, not 18 as without.

Hmm but actually isn’t that wrong? I mean – HP is capped at 3,333,333,333, so you’ll get mighties monsters sooner, but not stronger than this. And gem grad 30 seems bit insane as 22 is a lot of work, level 30 should require… 256 times more effort.

Flag Post

With WGTF hp cap 9 999 999 999 999

Flag Post

That’s 3,000 times more…