gemcraft 2 page 7

480 posts

Flag Post

BTW, I spoke with the developer Peter, and he said when it’s finished, it will be an AG exclusive until the exclusivity period is over (not sure how long that is) but then he would upload it to Kong ASAP after that!

Flag Post

Peter mentioned raw video cuts (no divx or serious compression), so it must have been a ~2GB+ file in hd.

Flag Post

2013 * _ *
Gemcraft is coming.

Flag Post

A date? A Date? My kingdom for a release date!

Flag Post

OOOH
So we play as someone who’s escaped the controll of the forgotten?

Gotta be the wizard from chapter 1-there WAS a bit of foreshadowing regarding “unless, perhaps, another wizard helps you”.

:D

Flag Post

Bumpity-bump. My free time cries in the corner.
http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2013/10/gc2cs-talisman-revisited/

Flag Post

Given that the next post is again late, the work is in heavy progress, perhaps the game will be delayed again – hoping for the good. About talismans – this likely will impose grinding for shadow cores, unless they will be given for levels like skill points. Otherwise, looks great.

Flag Post

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2013/10/gc2cs-battle-traits/

Flag Post

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2013/10/gc2cs-rush-for-release/

We might be getting a release date soon!

Flag Post

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

I’m on board for the release, looks like more complicated fun.

Flag Post

After seeing how great premium is in this game and how it’s kept me playing for a very long time will anyone else be buying premium if there’s an option to in GC2?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kisageru:

After seeing how great premium is in this game and how it’s kept me playing for a very long time will anyone else be buying premium if there’s an option to in GC2?

This game has a LOT of fans, and the replayability is outstanding. I’m sure many of us will be buying the premium (if that’s an option).

Flag Post

GCL was one of 3 games i ever spent money on preium on. I felt such a game that i play hours and hours of, deserved a few $. I mean i payed 50$ for a game i beat in 10 hours, i think 5$ for 50+ hours, is only right, lol.
GC2, i most likely will, but i may wait and try it without first, not sure yet, lol.

Flag Post

GCL was the first game “web” game I ever spent money on and I’ve got more from my £4 on this game than I have most £30 titles

This comes to mind

Flag Post

@Kisageru: Hmm, I don’t remember seeing this at xkcd, although I’ve read it once through.

Still, PC and console games have better possibilities of displaying, sounds, actions per frame, storage, that is literally all the performance, which in turn allows better presentation of a game. So, to compete, games on other platforms have to come up with better metagame features – core ideas, addictiveness, simplicity/challenge, creativity etc. I expect Theme Park still has fans, IIRC there was a video or a pic of the longest created Theme Park attraction, and someone had to sit it through for many hours developing that. And Theme Park is a DOS game, with DOS being all but extinct now, it’s a surprizing quality of a game. Flash games have a potential to be as long-living as this. And, don’t you see how often do Call of Duties re-emerge, as the previous incarnations are passed through within 6-12 hours and ditched?

Flag Post

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2013/11/gc2cs-to-be-released-in-january-2014/

Dev ran out of brain power, so he delays the game by about 6 weeks. Hoping for the good, after all a rushed game is usually bugged. But, 3 months of AG exclusivity… grrrrr.

Flag Post

AG help fund the game and in return Peter gives AG exclusivity to help drive traffic to their site and only one set of players is introduced to a buggy game and can be the Beta testers, as for delaying the game, after how hard he’s been working on it I’m surprised Peter still has brain power, at least now I won’t be hauled up in my room playing this over Christmas!

Flag Post

I plan on playing it a little on their site, that way i can play without priuem, cause i am sure i will get it here on Kong, when it released here.

Flag Post

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I wonder if it will be possible to copy save from AG to Kong. Also I wonder what will be the profits from premium and how much will it cost.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Craven:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I wonder if it will be possible to copy save from AG to Kong. Also I wonder what will be the profits from premium and how much will it cost.

I expect save file copying will be available, as they are stored locally and are thus under your full control. Devs usually do not store site of the SWF inside the save file, since this is card for by Flash engine. About premium, it will have to wait for the release, the premium will surely exist.

Flag Post

I thought AG kept saves stored on their servers which is why you can access them from anywhere making transferring saves impossible

Flag Post

It saves both on armorgames server and locally.

Flag Post

Happy New years all, here hopping for a soon release to at least try the game :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by galonski64:

I plan on playing it a little on their site, that way i can play without priuem, cause i am sure i will get it here on Kong, when it released here.

Ditto.