gemcraft 2 page 9

480 posts

Flag Post

I was so getting ready of takeing a couple days off next week to really enjoy it, sigh, oh well, only choice I have now is to get everyone I know to vote YES!.

Flag Post
Originally posted by twocrows:

I have only two words to say to Kisageru’s post: BUM MER! :(
A MINIMUM OF TWO MORE WEEKS? placing wrist to forehead prior to swooning
NOOOOOOOOOO! [ok. more than two words.]

And, as it turns out, I can’t vote on Steam. It wants me to buy something there in order to be allowed to vote. so, is there any other way to be allowed to vote? anybody know? alternatively, does anyone know a Steam game that’s worth paying for?

Depends what type of game you like, gmod is always a good one, so is Terraria or Starbound both made by the same team, starbound is in beta though right now and are pretty cheap. Torchlight 2 is a fantastic hack and slash diabloesque game also pretty cheap.

Also link for the most recent post so it shows on page 9

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2014/03/gc2cs-on-steam-greenlight-please-vote/

Flag Post

A game I enjoyed and got it for ~$3 was Trine 2. It’s a puzzle/platformer, pretty well made… just looked it up, still on sale for $2.99 US. Coop or Single player.

Flag Post

I bought the orange pack, was my first steam buy more or less. There are other good games and such, you just need to look sometimes, and watch for steam sales.

i guess they want you to have bought something, since you are saying Yes, to wanting to buy this game via Steam.
it does make me wonder, the cost and such. Seeing how, I can play for free / premium, via kong and or Armor game.
Though I will assume, buying the game via steam, with achivment also nets me the premiums, lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by galonski64:

i guess they want you to have bought something, since you are saying Yes, to wanting to buy this game via Steam.

I presume it’s to stop people from making lots of accounts and farming votes that way

Flag Post

That most likely true too.

Flag Post

So, according to the blog Gemcraft 2: Chasing Shadows wil be released on Armor Games, today. No sign of it yet, but it’s ~7am pacific time. Also, no word of when it’s coming to kong, but if I remember correctly Labyrinth took a week or two to get here.

I have my kreds ready. Hopefully 2 is better than Labyrinth was. And hopefully the extra time Peter took means we won’t have the early bugs that plagued Labyrinth. (Infinite score, anyone?)

Flag Post

You must’ve missed the most recent blog post, then.

And to tell the bad news, due to technical entanglements and after syncing the release schedule with Armor Games, the release of the game was pushed back by yet another week, to:
the week of 24th-30th of March, 2014
Ideally (officially):
Tuesday, 25th of March, 2014

Also I believe something was mentioned about ArmorGames having rights to it for about 3 months before it can come on Kong?

Flag Post
Originally posted by imdragonreborn:
the week of 24th-30th of March, 2014

3 months before it can come on Kong?

Meh. I did miss that. Oh well.

Flag Post

At risk of sounding the total naif here but – what’s so special about Kong? I see lots of folks chafing at the bit for it to get here. So I just jumped over to the game page and it doesn’t seem [to me] to be any better than Gemcraft, really:
If I want an ad-free experience, gotta pay a pretty hefty amount of money – - I’ll just suffer through the ads, thank you.
And the platform isn’t all that much better than gemcraft’s. it’s still fairly distracting.

so – maybe I’m missing something? if so, please tell. thanks.
~
And there WAS a page [an armor game platform] that had no ads and was full screen. aamof, it’s still there for folks who don’t have premium.
http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/gemcraft-labyrinth-10317.swf
but recently, the premium button deactivated. pressing it just takes me to armor game’s page – - it won’t even let me pay for the game again [assuming I would want to when Chasing Shadows is on the horizon.] I’m hoping against hope that a similar page will be available for GC:CS in the foreseeable future.

Flag Post

Personally, I prefer AG version of GC, because they let registered players use cloud saves.
Kong has better forums for games, AG had only topics for them.

Flag Post

I like kong because I play a lot of games here so having my gc2 scores and badges here will just be something extra, and just below the game is a forum where I can check strategies. Though AG’s cloud saving is pretty great

Flag Post

you can move save file from ag to kong, it isn’t that hard

Flag Post

Does anyone know how many kreds it will take for premium of this one? Should it be about the same as GCL?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

you can move save file from ag to kong, it isn’t that hard

I tried to do Kong to AG a while ago but I couldn’t, I’ve not tried it the other way round

Flag Post

Well, the game has already gotten ‘Greenlit’ on Steam. So, that means when the developer is able to, it will get ported to Steam.

Flag Post

Wow, that was quick, I know creeper world 3, took a couple months, figure this would 2. Then again, it was posted on the forum their to vote yes for gc2

Flag Post

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2014/03/gemcraft-has-been-greenlit/

GemCraft chapter two: Chasing Shadows has just been Greenlit on Steam!
This couldn’t have happened without your help!
A huge Thank You to all of you for both voting and for all the support through these 3+ years of development!
A few more days until the release of the game finally on Armor Games, we’ll start working on the Steam version after bugfixing and fine-tuning the game.
Thank you again, getting back to work, see you next week! :-)

Flag Post

Thanks for the explanations, Gremlion & Kisageru.

As to the forum – - – I don’t see that as a plus necessarily. As it is, when I’m letting an endurance game play out, I just open the Kong forum on a new tab and explore tactics, carry on conversations, etc. while the game plays. And, yes, I like the cloud feature on AG, as well as the full-screen option that USED TO BE AVAILABLE [and why did that zilch out, anyway? Anyone know?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by cyberx60:

Does anyone know how many kreds it will take for premium of this one? Should it be about the same as GCL?

Without digging through the game in a bottle blog to confirm, I remember it being mentioned at some point that it would be $5. $5 is 50 kreds. And checking Labyrinth….it’s also 50 kreds. So probably 50 kreds.

Flag Post

I remember a post where peter stated he’d never charge more than $10 for a game though I think he was referring to a possible steam release at the time, which makes me wonder.

When it is released on steam will we be able to transfer our saves or will we have to start again? I know a few months down the line I’m gonna have a lot of progress and I won’t really want to start the game again on another platform.

Flag Post

Most likely you’ll not be able to do a direct savefile transfer, because the different platforms have different file formats. It’s possible that by that time Peter will make a kind of a savefile converter for steam based application.

Flag Post

I mostly decided to just buy the Steam version, but I will still play it here too, mostly cause I am sure it will get badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by galonski64:

I mostly decided to just buy the Steam version, but I will still play it here too, mostly cause I am sure it will get badges.

I’m sure it will get badges everywhere. And the Steam version is apparently incorporating some ‘Unity’ features that the Kong and AG versions won’t have. It should be out this week on AG, here on Kong in June and then on Steam in October.

Flag Post

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/234463734/1395385544

After years in development, we’re excited to announce that GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows will be available October 2014. Upon release, the price for the game will be $9.95 USD, which includes the complete full game experience (no in-game purchases).

We also want to give a big “Thank you!” to everyone who has played all the GemCraft games over the years, and who have supported this Greenlight. We’re honored so many players enjoy our games, and we couldn’t have made this Greenlight a success without you!

so $9.95 for steam GC 2