I hate pay to win

23 posts

Flag Post

the best i can tell is this game that was pretty good has become one of those lame pay to win games that doesnt require skill just money

Flag Post

Both right and wrong.
Right: you can’t reach some achievements for free.
Wrong: you can’t win this game cause it’s nearly endless.

Flag Post

Pay to win – BTD 5 with ingame purchases for money, lives, even continue after defeat for real money.

What exactly in GCL premium makes game easier?
30 skillpoints? 3 levels + 1 apparition.
Hardest settings? LOL.
Premium skills? They are good, but best skill – Wild gem – available without premium.

Non-premium player can easily win the game, and, if he want, unlock premium and play the game much longer.

Flag Post

the best thing about premium is endurance, as it’s capped, and once you can do it through, you’re golden. Still, the game is passable (to end of story line) without premium without having to resort to anything questionable. Also, even with money this game requires some skill :) more skill without money of course, but it’s not impassable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

Pay to win – BTD 5 with ingame purchases for money, lives, even continue after defeat for real money.

What exactly in GCL premium makes game easier?
30 skillpoints? 3 levels + 1 apparition.
Hardest settings? LOL.
Premium skills? They are good, but best skill – Wild gem – available without premium.

Non-premium player can easily win the game, and, if he want, unlock premium and play the game much longer.

hear hear.

premium just makes starting out easier. it doesn’t matter in the long run unless the player’s a completion-ist ocd. The game’s story is winnable even without premium (I’ve completed up the 3rd pylon before I bought premiium in my 1st game).

oh, and lol at “pay to win games that doesnt require skill just money”.

Flag Post

i respect game in a bottle i respect their great games; they need money to make more; they need money to make a living, this payment is optional its harder to win without but lets face it: we all want to win the game and the game is pretty much endless which shows just how good the game is this payment just proves how much some people think this, and it gives the developer some money as an added bonus. I for one dislike paying for games but this game you don’t have to pay to play and i respect the developers good intentions ideas and games.

Flag Post

A scorpion troll?
Hey, Dresden, I think a cleaning spell is in order. i’ve got a closet full of brooms…

Anyways. what a laugh…gemcraft labyrinth requires a decent amount of skill just to get to where the premium skills start kicking in. Admittedly, the highscores are swamped with premium, but it’s all from endurance.

believe me, most of the people who get premium in labyrinth either have lots and lots of money to spend…or were one of those people to attempt the original 228 challenge in chapter 0.

p.s. My computer STILL hasn’t been able to survive all 228 waves. but maybe i’ll make another attempt on christmas break.

Flag Post

Lots and lots of money to spend? Seriously, it’s five dollars.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure even kids can afford FIVE dollars. I mean, I’m a kid, and I bought a 3DS AND a game for it WITH MY MONEY. That’s ~200 dollars! 5 dollars is way worth it, especially when you consider that most video games cost >$20. Even 6 hour games. And this, a >100 hour game, only costs 5 dollars. Now THAT’S a bargain. Besides, you don’t have to pay to win this game. I, for example, beat the game, then bought premium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StaticUniverse:

eh, I was thinkng along the lines of people who can spend on every online game they see vs those who have to buget their gaming money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:
Originally posted by StaticUniverse:

eh, I was thinkng along the lines of people who can spend on every online game they see vs those who have to buget their gaming money.

Considering this is a top quality game, of the likes you don’t see in flash very often, people will be more inclined to spend money on this. I’ve not spent a fricken PENNY on BTD5, or any of the crappy multiplayer games on here that harp on and on at you to spend money like it’s christmas, but as this was a one off $5 payment and would increase the game time from 60~ hours to 100+ I thought it would be a good investment, as it turns out I was right, I’m now on my fourth run through, the only game I’ve played more than this is FFX and that cost me £30, whereas this cost me £3.50… You can play the full game and beat it with ease without paying for it, I actually bought the premium after I’d beaten the game and as a contribution to the devs for their fantastic work, and it gave me more to do after I beat the game. I don’t really see it as giving you much of an advantage apart from Endurance which is meant to be a hard setting anyway.

Flag Post

This game is easily worth $5. I can’t wait for the next gemcraft.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gr212002:

the best i can tell is this game that was pretty good has become one of those lame pay to win games that doesnt require skill just money

Hmm…

Game time: 60 hrs FREE. Yay!

+5 dollars

A movie+popcorn is what, 15+? For 2 hours or so?

the 60 hours for free is 30X time of a movie.

Don’t you think you should contribute to the dev because he gave you such a good bargain already?

AND THERE’s MORE!

STATS. You can try & beat your best stats for days, months, longer!

FREE.

A measly $5 gets you YEARS even of fun. Because it allows you to increase your stats even more! It’s permanent!

$5 for 1000+ hrs of fun! NO i’m not joking if I had to play a game for 1000 hrs at least, GCL would be what I play.

Flag Post

this has nothing to do with pay to win its simply pay to support the game makers so we can have another gemcraft game in the future because lets face it we all want another gemcraft game because we have beat this thing like it owes us money

Flag Post

Ut oh…the developers want to be compensated for their hard work, sweat & tears. This won’t go over well with some of the games.

Flag Post

The only thing you get when you buy premium is the ability to push new records. There’s nothing stopping you from playing this game, beating it, and even taking most fields very far with the options available. Premium is just for the folks obsessed with numbers, like myself.

Flag Post

~ so flawed ~
~ so uniquely annoying ~

Flag Post

If you don’t want to pay then don’t play. You don’t get mad at Ubisoft for making you pay for the new assasin’s creed game so Why would it be different on a different medium. It is essentially the same: a game that you play in your free time, so if you can no spare $5 on a leisure game, then don’t expect a top grade game. You get what you pay for.

Flag Post

This isn’t even a “pay to win” game. It’s extremely easy to beat it without premium. I beat it without premium.

Flag Post

If you can’t win this game without premium, you stink. Without premium, you can easily reach level 250. That’s enough to beat every pylon level and win the game.

The only thing premium locks out on the map are two of the hidden corner squares. That’s it. You can still get 100 amulets, explore 167 fields, reach level 250, and easily win the game.

In fact, without premium I won the game without ever getting higher than a level 16 gem. Easy as pie.

Flag Post

The original poster could take the good time and trouble to learn to make make their own games. Kongregate has some tutorials (And they’re free). If nothing else, he or she would learn just how much work it takes to create a game.

Flag Post

I finished the whole game before spending 5 dollars so that i can squeeze more fun out of this game. You dun have to get the premium to win this game.

The game won’t write itself and not everyone can make a good game. So spending a few dollars on a good game are a way to appreciate those who makes good game.

Anyhow, if you dun have 5 bucks to spend, well, of course life and everything else are lame.

P/s Gemcraft are still the best TD game I’ve ever played!

Flag Post

I just have one question: why are you feeding the troll?
he obviously simply craves attention. so why give it to him? it just feeds his jones.