Max Mana + Gem Grade experiences

18 posts

Flag Post

Level 180 somthing and pushing it hard! Not even easiest settings-higher armor/faster/banish/heal/quad monster!

Grade 40 gem at wave 96, not bad.

Mana pic

Flag Post

Is it just me, or is the forgotten herself avoiding us?
:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:

Is it just me, or is the forgotten herself avoiding us?
:D

What do you mean?

Flag Post

Grade 44 Gem, 1 Trillion Mana :D :D :D!!!!!!

Link to video from before the pic. Skip to 0:38 to skip over my video intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xc8-oXMKIQ&feature=youtu.be

Flag Post

Damn, I rocked c:

Sorry for gigantic bump, but I’m gonna make another run like this on my lvl 1292 wiz on AG & post pics n video of it & probably don’t want to make another thread(combining me & frosty, that’s what, already 3 threads with the same run idea?(though 3 different runs).

Flag Post

Yeah. will probably start it in a couple of hours or wait till tomorrow.

My expectations(given that I a week ago went on kong AG & did normal+giant only endurance G13 at lvl 4 with no leaks lol although more can be done that was a warmup) & previous knowlege gained by last few runs eons ago, have me expecting:

G25 Gem- Wave 30.
G35 Gem- Wave 45
G40 Gem- Wave 50-60.

AND BEYOOOND C:

(Cue some welcome backs from my old(well frosty’s) friends from GCL?)

Flag Post

Level 45, field C7, giants-endurance-banish-faster-other banish.

Wave 92, Grade 21 gem.

Could’ve been better but chose harder field then H11 and starting mana was like 1k & wild gem only 2 levels. :)
Main limiting factor(or awesome mana multiplier factor) is super low focus, I think 30 levels only(opted to put 27 level replenish, along with lvl 2 wildgem, max crit, max chain, max deadly traps, max mana, max forge, 10/20 construction). So it increases by 2.5k every time _

3.5 million mana & 86.1 multiplier lol.

Notes: Already reduced speed to 1×. Never less then 1.5k monsters at a time on screen.

How I do:

Start w grade 4 cyan/purple only near the 10 mana shards. Build it up while minorly angering(one G1 per every boss wave 3+, 2s & 1s too much hp w no resonance/crit yet) to 2x grade 4 duals. Then make them 2 grade 5 duals, unlock yellow & lime, make a G5 dual of that(I use at start 3 lime 5 yellow G1s to make, + upgrading it). Then I built it to a G7 & max amps & around 50k pool before I dared waste any killgem upgrading mana on a mana farm xD. The start was INTENSE, I nearly lost the no-monster-touch-orb amulet because I was slightly careless. Gotta remember this is lvl 45, not lvl 1295 c:

So then I unlocked mana gem & made 5lime-3mana G1 & got it to grade 8, & then it was standard endurance fare from that…I reached the rapidly-filling-manapool-once-per-start-stop(I call it Glowing Frame after GC1 c: since my mana bar is glowing) at grade 17. Trick is to upgrade equal 5-3 ratio of lime-orange till grade 8, then pure lime till G16, then equal lime-orange dual. Because lime is most important, so once you get multiplier up to a decent spot(80 for me, managain was only 8/hit & I was getting a grade 12 every 3-4 seconds already) then add a bit of orange to make it around 50-60/hit & watch it skyrocket lol.

Wave 96, Grade 25, one hit kills 57million hp mobs, & is literally getting me so much mana I can upgrade gem once/wave! LOL.

& my mana multiplier is 509 at 20m mana. Damn, I missed this! I tried to do it on armorgames(big mana run) & failed bc all setting at minimum & I was FREEZING for like 30 secs a time! :( & that was like at grade 14! _

& here, G25, & no lag with 2k monsters. I love kong.

One more thing. I only started to become laggy at medium settings +trap glare at 1k monsters & G18. Damn, kong is efficient xD

My gem now kills around 50 200million monsters/second & I’m writing this(editing) after only one minute. Gah, GCL is gonna make me faint in its awesomeness. I’ve missed it! :D

Leaving it for tonight.

Wave 90 – Grade 21
Wave 117 – Grade 40.

Yes. At level 45.

I think I deserve the title God :)

Flag Post

Decided to end it. Why? Lag was unbearable. & it wasn’t even lime. my trap was on the closest tile to the entrance. I never saw any monsters except when I upgraded. What made the lag was my mana pool expanding.

When you’re expanding at grade 41 by around a billion mana expansion per second, and your pool increases by 2250 or so per expansion, that’s 444444 expansions per second. Obviously, that lags the game. Lol. and the sound at 70 was so unbearably loud that I turned it to 5, so I barely heard gem creating noises….but still had quite a loud din of mana pool expansion noises. LOL.

So I shall try this again when I have more points in focus, or something. Or right after because now with my experience I can perhaps make less lag happen. c:

Bc it was fine at 900 million mana…at grade 29 or so. And I reached from 900 mil to 1.8 bil(for next grade) in like 15 seconds. XD. Now if I can dulplicate that somehow, all the time, that would rock.

Flag Post

A random wave 395 monster gave 17 billion mana 0_0

Wave 621 gives 81.6 billion
On an off note: I killed waves 700 through 1337 with shrines lol.

400k xp, lvl 91. Lets go back c:

Skills:
Focus – 42
Replenish – 42
Forge – 30/30
Construction – 10/20
Maxed – Multiple Damage, Chain Hit, Mana Gain, Dual Mastery, Flexibility, Wild Gem, Deadly Traps, and Recharge.

Battle Settings- Same as earlier, both banishments, faster monsters, giants only.

Flag Post

BAH I give up. G41 again & too laggy :(

Guess my comp degraded in the year I wasn’t playing GCL. :( sniffle

TBh tho some of it was my fault xD…I had 8k+3k monsters because I overeagerly angered. c:

15 quadrillion got torn to shreds.

Flag Post

Uh…I seem to be hopelessly addicted to this. Another G41 wave 94(I beat my Nov 7 2012 Run!) at lvl 111.

Mind you, its pretty laggy even with just 320+(300) monsters. And only 1/6th the chain of my last run( 15k vs 98k). I’m facing it. The great terrible mana pool itself is the cause of lag…

Lol. I shouldn’t be surprised. At 3.9K multiplier about per frame(I think…idk about frames & such but it increases by that per second & waves take a LONG time to come…) that’s 3900 * 20(20 pools to get +1x multi) = 78000. So….that shouldn’t be surprising how laggy it is…78000 actions per frame not including anything but mana expansions…

I also made a video about 25 mins long(think its x3 speed) from the start till the G41 I believe…if anyone’s interested in watching what I do(o.o) post/pm me & I’ll upload both parts to youtube. I also managed to anger a wave to exactly 1337 monsters, which you can see in that vid. c: lol

Game broke when I stupidly summoned 6k monsters. That is, they were easy to kill but the game froze…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frostriver:

Uh…I seem to be hopelessly addicted to this. Another G41 wave 94(I beat my Nov 7 2012 Run!) at lvl 111.

Mind you, its pretty laggy even with just 320+(300) monsters. And only 1/6th the chain of my last run( 15k vs 98k). I’m facing it. The great terrible mana pool itself is the cause of lag…

Lol. I shouldn’t be surprised. At 3.9K multiplier about per frame(I think…idk about frames & such but it increases by that per second & waves take a LONG time to come…) that’s 3900 * 20(20 pools to get +1x multi) = 78000. So….that shouldn’t be surprising how laggy it is…78000 actions per frame not including anything but mana expansions…

I also made a video about 25 mins long(think its x3 speed) from the start till the G41 I believe…if anyone’s interested in watching what I do(o.o) post/pm me & I’ll upload both parts to youtube. I also managed to anger a wave to exactly 1337 monsters, which you can see in that vid. c: lol

Game broke when I stupidly summoned 6k monsters. That is, they were easy to kill but the game froze…

I would actually love to see this. Not even kidding, that sounds amazing to watch.

Flag Post

And, Frost, can you give me the details behind how you explode your mana pool like that?

Flag Post

This baby took a fair amount of effort to create. It kinds of bums me out that the game chokes my PC so bad after a certain point, otherwise I could probably create like a grade 200 gem no problem. It’s understandable though, by the time your mana pool reaches the trillion mark, you’re expanding your mana pool many millions of times every second. I think it’s possible to do a Grade 60 gem though, I’ve experimented with it a bit, it would take a couple of days just to expand my mana pool to the desired size, and then maybe a few hours or more to craft the gem itself.

My mana pool was a little over 1.8 trillion, just enough to rapidly duplicate a grade 35 gem…32,768 times lol.

All the traps along the bottom were containers for the pieces I would eventually assemble into the grade 50 gem, 32 grade 45 gems in total.

Flag Post

You can have a gem of much higher grade than the amount you can dupe.

But then again, how fun is it creating a grade 80 gem when you can only dupe a grade 40? (Er, 36)

Flag Post
Originally posted by megamario33:
Originally posted by Frostriver:

I would actually love to see this. Not even kidding, that sounds amazing to watch.

Originally posted by megamario33:

And, Frost, can you give me the details behind how you explode your mana pool like that?

(I am Frostriver. Also known as Lightningdreamer & Falconlight. Different accounts for different games haha)

I’m going to do a run right now. This time I’m trying a zero-focus build, optimizing mana multiplier.

I’ll video it, as I always do with any epic runs(cough I had ~80 total including 79 deleted vids of my multiple 228 wave runs in GC0 cough), but I can’t promise to post it.

Mostly because I like turning out vids with captions to help tutorialize what I do & also nice epic music that fits the game, and then reducing/lengthening the vid(increase/decrease speed) to make game actions sync with climaxes in the music, which makes the vid epic(An example of an awesome vid if I do say so myself would be my GC0 arcane boss #1 + supergemming walkthrough))….but that takes a lot of time, like 1 hour + time saving it & also uploading to youtube. & I prefer playing :). But I’ll try though ^^.

But here’s the rough breakdown of what I do:

First pick a 1 entrance map, preferably an early game one, so it’s easier to anger more.

Then, only set giants + endurance, or if you’ve never done endurance on it before, feel free to add higher armor, both banish, 2x hp(maybe), & faster, but don’t add extra monsters bc the mana will be divided further & will impede slightly your efforts to use large amounts of mana to create a managem that will produce even more(lol).

Hopefully you have wild gem maxed, it gives a giant boost.

Sacrifice the gem, then unlock Y & L colors. Build a tower in a spot where you can get 8 amps. make the YL gem a G6+, then use the rest of mana for angering. After your grade 6(+) gem is able to be upgraded to G9-10 from your angering, place a trap at the VERY FIRST TILE at the entrance to the map. Even 1 square in will double the lag to come later. plus, a G40 doesn’t NEED amps, period xD.

OL is all that’s needed, but if you want feel free to make it OLB or OLC.

Make it(remember to shift-click on mana pool spell to make it auto extend) grade 8-9, then add ONLY lime to it, until G15-17. Then add a 50/50 OL to it, & that’s when you reach what I love to call the “glowing frame” of GCL- Mana pool extending multiple times / second.

After your managem(after G18, make it 50/50 OL or if triple, 40/40/20(third component)) reaches ~G22-24, slow it to 1x speed to get the maximum mana per frame possible(flash skips frames when laggy/too much input at 3x speed, making you gain mana only ~1.5x faster & at cost of everything ELSE being 3x)

Then keep angering(did I forget to mention- oh yeah. Anger 24/7, good rough guide = don’t anger beyond when armor reaches min damage(before multiplier of yellow) of your killgem(which will be rendered obsolete when your managem is G29+) and totally own monster after monster.

Keep upgrading managem(& kill gem if you need) & manapool until it gets so laggy at G40 that you either quit or manage to push on until you quit. xD

Flag Post

Oops, forgot i need to be Frostriver in order to have premium lol.

Flag Post

forget it :/ for somereason after GC0, GCL is boring haha. I now regret closing my 7th(I think) start on 228 to play this…sob