Highest Mana Pool Challenge

17 posts

Flag Post

Hopefully this is a good first offering:

Because of ManaPool update bugs, the game lags severely when mana generation becomes too high. So, lets have a contest of highest mana pool BEFORE wave-40. It’ll be a good way to talk strategy through example. Let’s extent this out to wave-50 also to show acceleration.

Good Luck.

Flag Post

by Wave40 :: (http://john.gregorek.com/Games/GCL2012DEC05.png)
by Wave50 :: (http://john.gregorek.com/Games/GCL2012DEC05a.png)

Could have been more aggressive with summoning, ~5000/wave. Wave49 was 9,000 and that pushed passed the anchor. Plopped a couple more big Lemon-Limes in traps to take care of it, but time ran out. My focus was on maximizing the mana multiplier by removing mana pool skill enhancers. The snowballing effect is huge.

Flag Post

by Wave40:: (http://john.gregorek.com/Games/GCL2012DEC20.png)
No takers on the challenge?
Over 110 Billion!

Flag Post

Don’t worry. I am seeking counseling. This has become an obsession.

ONE TRILLION MANA POOL!

However, the game becomes unplayably slow; something to do with the mana-multiplier causing too many object updates.
Do any of you have the same speed issues? Do I need to download a special patch or something?

Flag Post

Flag Post

OK, meds are setting in. Here’s my final attempt. Waves 34 and 35 dropped early by accident (slow connection); otherwise, would have reached one trillion prior to wave-37. Note the Yellow corner. Start that at the bottom and use the linear shrines to blast the line, duplicate a replacement gem (full rack) while the shrines do their job. It’s an accelerator to get the higher gems quicker. When you get to 14B per gem, then start moving the yellow corner up the ladder. When it gets to the top, add G38’s everywhere, manna pool should be over 200 billion by then. Here’s my settings and skills pages. Good luck!

Flag Post

If you’re only worried about mana pool/mana multiplier size, don’t use quadruple amount of monsters. The mana gain from each wave is a set number, meaning that you will get the same amount of mana killing one monster with normal amount as you would killing four using quadruple amount. While this is unneccessary in itself, the mana gain from summoned monsters will be based of the mana gain from the regular monsters, which means that you’re effectively cutting your mana gains from all summoned monsters to a quarter. Late game this doesn’t matter as basically all your mana comes from your mana farms, but early game you’re delaying yourself heavily by using quadruple monsters.

Flag Post

Not exactly. The majority of mana gained from this is gathered from chaining hits with Lime/Orange gems, and for them to work, a lot of targets are needed – otherwise they’ll pop too fast. In this case I don’t know why he chose normal HP instead of tenfold, perhaps he needs starting boost heavily.

Flag Post

(((DOH)))

Nothing like holding yourself back by cutting mana gain in half – TWICE !!!
Thx, for the advice on normal-monster-amount setting.

Dont use 10x HP because of the quick starting gate, and later 10k monsters per wave get too strong.
I use the LimeOrange mana nests with a LimeYellow anchor to terminate the line.
This time boosted gem-strength in skills to +399%. It did not draw much away from Mana gain per kill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

Not exactly. The majority of mana gained from this is gathered from chaining hits with Lime/Orange gems, and for them to work, a lot of targets are needed – otherwise they’ll pop too fast. In this case I don’t know why he chose normal HP instead of tenfold, perhaps he needs starting boost heavily.

You know a great way to get more targets? Angering.

You know a great way to get tougher targets? Angering.

Your mana farms won’t spawn magically. You need mana to build them. You need at least a couple of million mana in order to build a mana farm that can produce more mana than properly managing the monsters can. Since you’re right in that mana farms will ultimately play the largest role in total mana gain, one very crucial aspect is that you want your mana farms set up as quickly as possible. If I can start my mana farms on wave 3, while you start yours on wave 10, I will beat you any day. If I gain more mana from my monsters than you, I will start my farms earlier. It’s as simple as that.

As for late game when mana farms are in place; the quad monsters setting adds 3-12 monsters per wave depending on type. That’s less than 0,1% of my total monsters when I summon 10k+ monsters each wave. Given the angering, those monsters will easily have 100,000 trillion hit points or more, which is too much for my mana farms to kill anyway, so the only effect using tenfold hitpoints will have at this point is that my kill gem will have a harder time dealing with them, meaning I’ll need to spend more time upgrading it which is time I won’t spend upgrading my mana farms.

Edit:

Originally posted by BlurToyger:

This time boosted gem-strength in skills to +399%. It did not draw much away from Mana gain per kill.

If I may make another suggestion you should try upping your mana pool size a bit too. While this may seem bad since it will increase the cost for each mana pool extension, it comes with two great benefits:

1) Early game you will be much stronger, meaning you can kill more and tougher monsters which will get you more mana, which will help starting your mana farms earlier.

2) Late game, it will allow you to use more mana for gem creating. The way the game is programmed, gem creation is done last each frame. This means that each frame, you can only ever potentially use the size of your mana pool to create new gems. If you have a higher mana pool, this means you’ll be using more mana to create gems, and higher grade gems produce more mana, which I believe counters the additional cost of mana pool extensions.

Flag Post

Mana Pool Extension: I was wondering about that. Keeping it bottomed out, means a very slow 600 mana increase, but another level up for the multiplier, and the snowballing effect gets huge, fast. I am using the linear shines to shock the first four waves (angered 100-300) and jump to grade 12’s. Pool growth does seem to slow down around 14 billion and after, about +40-50% per wave. But that might be the 10k angered limit, after that the game becomes unplayably slow.

Pool Extension versus Kill Bonus.

Flag Post

Forgot to turn Manna for Medals back on. Made a run for a trillion this morning and was a wave ahead of posted attempt at wave21, but then fat fingered the N key and dumped wave22 90% early. Destroys everything. Would have made the trillion mark wave26-27 easy.

MedalsManna gives that extra boost in the beginning.
ZERO manna extension produces an insane multiplier.

NEW CHALLENGE: Break One Trillion Manna before wave25 !!!!

Good Luck, cuz that might be impossible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlurToyger:

NEW CHALLENGE: Break One Trillion Manna before wave25 !!!!

Good Luck, cuz that might be impossible.

Flag Post

WOW! Can I get a Skills page image?

Flag Post

I don’t have the exact setup I used, but this is close. Sure, you could remove Demolition and Radiance, and probably Dual Gem Mastery (although I use dual gems in my amps for the first few waves because it’s easier) but since that would only give me a total of 2% increase in Focus, I haven’t bothered as I use them for my normal endurance runs, and I haven’t quite finished all the other fields yet (wizard level 9724 at the moment).

Flag Post

Best so far is wave 22.

Your wave18:: Mind = Blown

Flag Post

I tried it out again after maxing my wizard level. I don’t think I can do much better than this.