Strategy for Field C11?

11 posts

Flag Post

Try as I might, I can’t come up with a strategy for getting the amulet (7000 kills) on field C11. I’m at Lvl 116 so I should have the resources to do it, but after several attempts using different strategies I still can’t get more than 5000 kills.

Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Flag Post

Try using limes. Also make sure to summon properly. I’m pretty sure I killed way more than 7000 on G10 with this strategy, got to wave 139, and I assume the strategy would work on C11.

Don’t forget to use amplifiers.

Also, I did this at lvl48 ish.

Flag Post

Thank you. I’ll try pure limes and summoning for the mana gain.

Flag Post

Here’s what finally worked: used a dual G/O at 3 G to 1 O in an 8 amp 1 tower setup. Started with a tower and four amps and built up from there.
7552 swarm killed.

Flag Post

Heh, yeah, I just did that one recently. It was kinda fun doing it with 4x monsters, swarm only. I just built a lot of weak lime towers (probably got up to about 15 of them, with G3 gems), and poison traps (again, had a bunch, only had G2 for awhile). I lasted till about 10K swarm kills.

Flag Post

A late update: I replayed C11 with Giants only. Settings were double monsters, double hit points, Giants only, Endurance, and everything else except Shadow Clash and WGTF. Ran up a 1337 with over 12,000 kills due to angering.

I concluded that Swarm is actually more difficult because of the low mana yield even with angering.

Flag Post

Nicely done, sounds like you’re ready for Shadow Clash and WGTF too

Flag Post

Yep, swarms are more difficult for exactly this reason. Also, you really should try a full-settings endurance, excluding Shadow Clash. Even if you’d last 80 waves, you’ll get better than this full endurance (IIRC), and if full, add shadow clash and make sure you’ll have a grade 12 yellow by wave 20, to bomb the shadow into oblivion. Or 2-4 shrines in place, to zap it, or a G14 L/O trap gem for epic pwnage.

Flag Post

vesperbot, thank you for your advice. I am currently lvl 525 so I’ll likely have to tweak my skills settings to have a G12 Y by wave 20. I’m not very skillful, but I can grind for hours so if I can’t accomplish it with skill then I’ll do it with brute force.

Flag Post

Grinding is bad, although you might try easier levels with longer paths to practice getting mana powerhouse. The main trick is, when you summon more monsters, additional monsters give mana when killed, so, if you summon monsters with a gem small enough that will cost less than the total mana income from the summoned monsters, you are in surplus on mana. Add some for orange gems if you have any in place, and have fun. Sure enough, oversumoning is a danger you have to watch for, it isn’t as big with giant monsters, but still. Note that having mana pool extensions in place when you kill that monster raises its mana worth even more.

Flag Post

By the time you reach level 1000, you should be able to handle full battle settings. Even with a ‘poor’ strategy.

In addition, a G9 Y tower with a few amps can easily kill the shadow.