max score or level

24 posts

Flag Post

What is the highest level or score one can reach, assuming you finished all fields using the max settings and achieved max XP (possible) in each? Has this been reported elsewhere? Thanks.

Flag Post

Multiply by the amount you get for full endurance, and add a small bit for the monster nest levels.

Flag Post

Thanks but, that’s not what I am looking for. I am asking about the wizard level under the achievements. I see wizard levels of 20000+ and wondering if that is possible unless those are hacked games. I am just about completing all fields (another 20 or so left) at max settings with max XP in Endurance and I am only at 10880+. So, what gives?

Flag Post

That was before the developer patched an exploit. In the pillar fields, you could manipulate the game into giving you an insane multiplier, which made the extreme levels possible. Now, it’s capped at 50.

Flag Post

You can get really high scores, it just depends on how long you want to micro-manage and spend in a map.

Map settings:
4x monsters, bigs only.
Later on you can add other conditions to make it harder for more score, but the first couple ones you do you’ll only want those 2.

Setup:
1 tower surrounded by 8 boosters, this will be your main killing tower. Put as far away from the monster entrance as possible.
This tower and boosters will have yellow+red+lime mixed gems.

Create a path for the monsters to follow.
As your game progresses put down traps and turn the walls into boosters.
Fill the path and path boosters with orange+lime gems.

The amount of mana you gain from the mana-gain path will be enormous. I’m currently doing a map as I’m typing this, I’m on wave 79 and my max mana is already 343m.

Flag Post

Forgot to add, make sure you summon more monsters. For the first 10 lvls or so (until you get the hang of it) just use a lvl 1 gem to summon.

Also a lot of wizard skills help significantly, so as you get a few done each one you do after will get easier and better.

SS because visuals are always better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gtcink:

Thanks but, that’s not what I am looking for. I am asking about the wizard level under the achievements. I see wizard levels of 20000+ and wondering if that is possible unless those are hacked games. I am just about completing all fields (another 20 or so left) at max settings with max XP in Endurance and I am only at 10880+. So, what gives?

For fresh player (ie – without pylon exploiting) – max 11675 level.
Highest legit – probably mine, 13444. Other highscores – cheating. I doubt that anyone else tried to beat this, too much time needed:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/76-gemcraft-labyrinth/topics/175777-old-pylon-run?page=2

Flag Post

I’m still a ways away, not exactly a new player but I wasn’t around for pylon exploit. Once I get a couple more maps in I’ll try doing a best run and seeing what I can get.

From previous screen shot, currently up to wave 153 with more than 900b mana. This will be my first big survival map, I’ve been stopping summoning once they have max hp just to get the fast exp and lvls.

(added)
Some stat screen shots of where I quit at, calling it early can’t leave my comp on tonight. My main killing gem, one of my trap gems, max mana, and wave summon. Probably not breaking any records, but it is done by a lvl ~270ish wizard.

Got around 5.5m exp for that one, so it makes me think there is a maximum exp value someone could get, and a maximum lvl. My previous best map was around 4.5m exp, so in the end it really does fall down to just how many monsters you can summon.

Flag Post

Don’t use red gems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NaturalReject:

Don’t use red gems.

To elaborate, red gems don’t scale very nicely. They’re only really good for the beginning of the field, but it’s not worth it to switch half way through.

Flag Post

Thanks, Gremlion. That’s what I was looking for. I am at 10985 currently with another 19 fields left to score max. That should take me to 11675 soon.

Flag Post

ImperialUser, I’m confused, have you not beaten endurance or is this some special challenge you are working on?

Flag Post

As adv0catus said, red are good for earlier lvls. By the time you need a lvl 30+ gem you can very easily swap it out to yellow/lime/orange.

@Static: I’ve done a few endurance, but like I said I’m just coming back into the game so these are things I am doing as a “newbie”. Just an example of how to work it for the OP question, but apparently with his last post he was looking for an exact answer and not a way to obtain it.

Flag Post

Hi Gremlion, I thought the Summon multiplier was capped at 50 on Pylon fields. Is it still the case in v1.22? How did you get 4796 multiplier on G7? Is it a different/previous version? Thanks.

Flag Post

I tried starting with yellow/lime/orange as killing gem and it took a lot more work. The kill count bonus is a huge benefit early on, adding thousands of damage to a gem that only does a couple hundred, you don’t need to focus so much on upgrading your primary gem and can work on mana traps/summoning more monsters/mana pool extensions very effectively. Even by the time your doing 1m damage, the gem is still adding about 100k damage (magnified through yellow bonus) so still a big benefit.

(added)
Again, I’m still in “newbie” status, about to hit a big lvl 400…, so later on when your starting with whatever huge amount of mana your starting with it may not be an issue.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ImperialUser:

Even by the time your doing 1m damage, the gem is still adding about 100k damage (magnified through yellow bonus) so still a big benefit.

And how does that 100k damage compare to the damage multiplicator you’re sacrificing since you’re lowering your yellow component?

Flag Post

I do a gem of 5/8 yellow, 2/8 red and 1/8 lime. But again for lower lvls the amount of damage done by yellow is far less then the damage done by red. Really up to around lvl 30 gem when your min damage is around 1m does it even become worthwhile to consider switching. And it makes getting through the early waves a whole lot easier, especially with 10x hp.

But to answer your actual question, there would be no less damage from yellow (at least compared in context to this topic) because previous suggestions were mixing orange instead of red. I’ll do a quick run and see what the difference between a yellow/lime and a yellow/red/lime gem is. Both early on and later.

(added)
Still in the middle of the run, got screen shots of killing gem at wave 10, 20, and 40 and then going to do a comparison of another run up to waves 10,20 and 40 with a yellow/lime gem. But I can say for certain that a yellow/lime is way bellow the damage (and lower range/firing speed because of 2x color) then an equally lvled yellow/red/lime gem. I should have SS up in a couple hours.

Flag Post

Really up to around lvl 30 gem when your min damage is around 1m does it even become worthwhile to consider switching.

What maths are you basing this on?

But to answer your actual question, there would be no less damage from yellow (at least compared in context to this topic) because previous suggestions were mixing orange instead of red.

How much orange has been suggested, and why has orange been suggested at all for a kill gem?

Flag Post

Direct comparison of lvl 23 gems (min damage around 1m). This is both gems being surrounded by lvl 23 boosters of their own kind. The red (after counting yellow multiplier) is doing roughly 50m-100m more damage per target. As said before, the gem is 5/8 yellow, 2/8 red, 1/8 lime. The yellow/lime is a 6/8 yellow, 2/8 lime mix.

(added)
No values suggested, through comments and links I’ve taken that as the assumption to use orange instead of red.

Flag Post

Direct comparison of lvl 23 gems (min damage around 1m). This is both gems being surrounded by lvl 23 boosters of their own kind. The red (after counting yellow multiplier) is doing roughly 50m-100m more damage per target.

Isn’t it unfair that you don’t factor in number of targets hit when you increase the lime component of the gem?

No values suggested, through comments and links I’ve taken that as the assumption to use orange instead of red.

Could you think of a reason to use orange in a kill gem? If so, how much would you use?

Flag Post

You really need to make a two-color triple gem by starting with a gem that has a very small amount of a third color and combining it with a matching gem that only has the two colors you want.

Eventually the third color disappears and you have a gem that has the 22% bonus but only has two colors.

If you were doing that, I think the 23 grade lime/yellow would be slightly more powerful than the lime/yellow/red combo you have there.

Flag Post

Naterual Q2: At higher lvls of a gem, where your kill gem is mowing through the monsters before they get on screen to your mana field, you only get kill mana. Having a kill gem with some amount of mana gain in it will help if that situation comes up. At least that was my theory. That way if you make the gem to powerful to soon you still have enough mana to summon monsters as many as you want instead of unsocketting the tower to let monsters come into the mana traps.

Naterual Q1 & Static: I never thought about it that way before, new screen shot to compare similarly lvled and spoofed yellow/lime gem. Also reduced lime to be closer to roughly 7/8 yellow and 1/8 lime. At lvl 23 the yellow/lime gem does roughly 12m-300m more damage per target.

I had gem lvl off but I new it was around 1m min damage turning point before red started losing it’s punch.

PS: For anyone that want’s to try something similar, I had to start off with a red+lime lvl 1 gem and combine it with only yellow gems up to lvl 6, a lvl 7 yellow +lime, yellow only up to 13 before red disappeared.

Flag Post

At higher lvls of a gem, where your kill gem is mowing through the monsters before they get on screen to your mana field, you only get kill mana. Having a kill gem with some amount of mana gain in it will help if that situation comes up. At least that was my theory.

It’s not a bad theory, because mana gain really is key to beating any endurance. The correct answer is that it is tied to what StaticUniverse said. Triple gems are more powerful than dual if you have triple gem mastery. You don’t really want (or need) the mana gain however, you want the increase in damage and speed, both which increase the DPS of the gem. So the amount of O to add is as little as possible, or in other words to squash it out.

Then why do people suggest orange if you don’t want mana gain?

The main reason is that it is an easy gem to completely squash out. If you add only Y/L to a Y/L/O gem, the O compontent will be completely squashed at G12. If you add blue, it won’t be gone until G22; green, even longer, but I don’t want to test exactly when it disappears. A minor reason to use O is because you’re gonna need it for your mana traps anyway, so you won’t have to unlock other gem types in order to create your kill gem.

That way if you make the gem to powerful to soon you still have enough mana to summon monsters as many as you want instead of unsocketting the tower to let monsters come into the mana traps.

If you don’t use a tower at all, you will never have to worry about monsters not getting to your mana traps. It will also boost the power of Y over R gems.

Flag Post

About red as third component:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/76-gemcraft-labyrinth/topics/236005-something-interesting