How the **** am I supposed to beat Field H2?!?!?!?!?

10 posts

Flag Post

Seriously, I’ve tried dozens of times, with various gem types and configurations of towers and walls, and EVERY time, the giant monster and swarm monsters at the very end stomp me flat. Even leveling up about 7 times hasn’t helped me get past this irritating roadblock… What’s the optimal strategy for beating that goddamned hellhole? I can’t seem to figure it out!!!

Flag Post

…Eh… actually, I already beat it. Turns out what I had to do was trade in my wild gem to get a grade 4 pure lime gem early on, then set up some more towers at the corner of the center island and put some more gems at the corners of those, and upgrade ASAP. I also set up a few amplifiers for more power. When the swarm monsters and giant monster showed up, I set half my towers to attack the monster with the highest banishment cost, and the rest to attack the monster with the fewest hit points. It was a bit tense, but eventually I managed to wipe out the whole swarm, leaving me with just the giant on its way to my orb a second time. I zapped it with my spell shrine, and that was the end.

Flag Post

It should be easy if you use Armored Only.

Like with every level.

Flag Post

^ best advice.

But also, with your wild gem, if it’s not any good (which will almost always be the case) sell it straight away and buy a couple high grade gems with the extra mana.

Flag Post

^ once you max out wild gem, sell it anyway regardless of stats, you’ll get G7 Y/L WITH unlock cost and with some mana left to summon monsters and build. This is a head start beyond measure.

Flag Post

Yeah I remember being in a similar situation before. This is easily one of the hardest fields in the game to attempt at a regular level.

Flag Post

When you’re in the early stages of the game, “armored only” is the best way to go, since swarms almost always reach your gem and cost you a +30% XP amulet. And giants may require too much attention.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StaticUniverse:

When you’re in the early stages of the game, “armored only” is the best way to go, since swarms almost always reach your gem and cost you a +30% XP amulet. And giants may require too much attention.

Agreed, i pretty much allways use armored only, because with the gems i use swarms are a MASSIVE issue.

Flag Post

I just did the “armored only method” to get past H2. I feel like I cheated.

Flag Post

Wow, wish I’d read this thread two weeks ago, I’ve been butting up against this level for too long. Never considered armored only.