THE ONLY GUIDE YOU NEED (locked)

30 posts

Flag Post

Hello
THIS IS THE ONLY GUIDE YOU NEED.

1) Traps should always be O/L/C (ORANGE/LIME/CRYAN). So you have shocked monsters for 3 seconds and you are stealing mana all the time. Lime helps to stop up to 100 monsters with grade gem 22. So imagine the mana gain with 100 monsters having there life, mana drained for 3 seconds and more. Traps should be placed where u can have 6 Ampliphiers placed around the trap. Only have ORANGE gems in them. For speed, mana boost and damage which is not nessessary.

2) One tower with L/Y (LIME/YELLOW) gem is fine with 8 amphliphiers. Do not have your gem to close to the beginning of the map so you lose out on mana. Have a single gem with no amphliphiers first if nessessary. Depends on the map. Single entrance maps are the best.
One trap. One tower is fine with the right setting to beat 1337 waves at around X6 to X30+ diffuclity settings with the premiunm version.
Upgrade the trap gem first as it will from 1st wave to 1337th wave kill 90% of all monsters in traps.

Press SHIFT + click the MANA EXTEND POOL so it AUTOMATCALLY extends everytime it fills. After 225 waves and if not monsters are getting past the traps go to sleep or go do something else. It will take around 1 hour to finish.
You can anger i don’t see the point. Any level gem is fine you get the same results. So do around 30 if it helps the score which i don’t think it does.
With what i said above sometimes my tower gem is grade 12 and my trap gem 19 and from here its auto piolet. However i do go from grade 12 to 25 on my tower gem as i have 2 much mana and i always remember the first few maps how badly i wanted more powerful gems.

With grade 19 gem in the trap. Upgraded with quite a few MANA ORANGE gems the mana pool extends every 2 seconds. This way at 1337 waves mana pool should be 144 million.

Good luck.

philmycoke

Flag Post

I really dont see the point of cyan in the gems. If you would anger (which also helps mana income and generally speeds up the game) you will have no problem whatsoever to fill alle trap positions with monsters. L/O is definitely better and sufficient if you plan accordingly.

Also: once the farm is up your damage gem will kill the monsters you want to drain mana from when its in a tower (the range of gems grade>14 is just too high). So why not save some mana and put those gems in traps later?

Flag Post

I can understand cyan in the gems though I agree that it’s unnecessary if you anger. If you’ve got triple gem mastery up, you have a higher firing speed. With cyan in there there’s always the chance that you’ll hold the monster and hit it many many times, getting more mana from it.

Flag Post

No, that’s it exactly. I understand the triple gem mastery bonus (which is nice of course). But cyan waters down your L/O components thus reducing income and i always have monsters on my manafarm tiles. I just never had a problem with keeping the monsters there.
All this of course under the condition that the C/L/O is grade 12+. In lower grades it may happen that not alle tiles are full since i may not deal enough damage later. But with lower grades the effect on L/O is even worse with no real chance on (perma)stun.

Flag Post

triple gems specials still have 80% power, no? Though I suppose since the gem would be only a third orange and a third lime instead of half and half that would make the managain less.

Flag Post
Originally posted by philmycoke:
1) Traps should always be O/L/C (ORANGE/LIME/CRYAN)

Personally, i use a O/L trap with a C/L behind it. It may be less mana effecient at the start (haven’t done maths) but it allows you to keep the cyan as low as needed – no point in taking it up to several 1000%. By placing the C/L behind your O/L it also stuns the monsters directly above you mana stealing gem.

After 225 waves and if not monsters are getting past the traps go to sleep or go do something else. It will take around 1 hour to finish.

If you put something heavy on the “N” key it will take only 10 min for 1000 waves.

Flag Post

ctrl+shift+click on waves is even faster, at least all monsters will be released in the background and you can do something else on your compuer.

Flag Post

Another tip: Don’t leave your main tower gem on “Nearest to Orb” setting. Especially if your orb is within range of the gem. The problem with this setting is that sometimes it will fire shots at monsters which hit your orb before the shot can get to them, and then the shot just fizzles out and does nothing. When you’ve got lots of monsters hitting your orb, that’s a lot of wasted shots. Instead, set it to “Fewest Hitpoints”, or possibly “Highest Banishment Cost”. One will get you more mana income by killing the easiest targets. The other will reduce your loss by killing the most dangerous ones. It depends on the battle mode. (With mixed enemies, Highest Banishment seems best, but if you go all Swarm, Armored, or Giant, you’re better off with Fewest Hitpoints.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by hi_hi_hi:
Personally, i use a O/L trap with a C/L behind it. It may be less mana effecient at the start (haven’t done maths) but it allows you to keep the cyan as low as needed – no point in taking it up to several 1000%.

I have used to create an initial G7 with a G3 cyan, G3+G4+G5 orange, G6 lime, then I upgrade it several times, and then I start adding L/O only instead of directly upgrading.

Originally posted by hi_hi_hi:
If you put something heavy on the “N” key it will take only 10 min for 1000 waves.
Ctrl+shift+click has an advantage of being able to minimize the game window and let it run at its fastest, while pressing N constantly requires you to not leave focus from the SWF window.

Originally posted by Lurlock:

Another tip: Don’t leave your main tower gem on “Nearest to Orb” setting. Especially if your orb is within range of the gem. The problem with this setting is that sometimes it will fire shots at monsters which hit your orb before the shot can get to them, and then the shot just fizzles out and does nothing. When you’ve got lots of monsters hitting your orb, that’s a lot of wasted shots. Instead, set it to “Fewest Hitpoints”, or possibly “Highest Banishment Cost”. One will get you more mana income by killing the easiest targets. The other will reduce your loss by killing the most dangerous ones. It depends on the battle mode. (With mixed enemies, Highest Banishment seems best, but if you go all Swarm, Armored, or Giant, you’re better off with Fewest Hitpoints.)

The best approach IMHO is to not ever let monsters touch your orb. Not only it prevents loss of shots etc, it also gives a 30% battle amulet allowing you to level up faster. It’s hard to accomplish early on, but it’s rewarding.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:
The best approach IMHO is to not ever let monsters touch your orb. Not only it prevents loss of shots etc, it also gives a 30% battle amulet allowing you to level up faster. It’s hard to accomplish early on, but it’s rewarding.

True, though easier on some levels than others. And if you’re aiming for hundreds of waves in Endurance, especially with tougher battle settings, it can be pretty hard to avoid. If you’re high enough level to do that without taking any hits to your orb, well then you probably don’t need this guide…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJFaust:

ctrl+shift+click on waves is even faster, at least all monsters will be released in the background and you can do something else on your compuer.

I can’t get this to work?

Flag Post

this “guide” is crap. I’m not even at the point where i get triple gem mastery. much less able to unlock and USE O/L/C before levels end. Ironic since im half way through the game but you people with premium unlock endurance and get 300+ levels in 5 maps.

Flag Post

you don’t need triple mastery for this thing to work, you start with +10% already. O/L/C trap requires a level 7 gem to produce a considerable effect, and it should stand outside the main gem’s range, otherwise monsters won’t generate mana via that trap. Also, since you say you’re halfway through the game, you should be level 50-70, it’s probably too early for this to work, you might be pretty satisfied with red/lime and red amps for the level.

Flag Post

LOL only 144 million mana pool? that is dissapointing, i only angered waves up to 150 then got bored from lag, but i reached a mana pool of 17 billion, the trap gem was hitting hundreds of targets at one time and generating millions of mana per hit, it was O/L/Y.

Flag Post
grade 19 gem in the trap. Upgraded with quite a few MANA ORANGE gems the mana pool extends every 2 seconds. This way at 1337 waves mana pool should be 144 million.[/QUOTE]

im lvl 240 now and my mana is at 175.000.000 , i cant see how fast is gain more, i have 3 (lvl 22) L/O/C traps with 6 (lvl 22) ORANGE around each trap. i think i have at lvl 1000 more then 5.000.000.000 mana xD

]

Flag Post

I AM LVL 12.000 AND THATS ALL BULSHEVICK.
you must have 3-6 ( Chain-Shock-Mana ) gems in traps / amplifiers around them with same gems and mana every second gem in amplifiers / keep throwing mana gems in to amplifiers with mana gems and you ll have 250.000.000 mana pool before wave 60 – 90. So you can win the tougher faster easy in 20-30 min all 1337 waves. And when you go full forward use ( Chain-Multiplier-Sloving blue ) in the trap with as many as posible amplifiers around it. """""But most important SUMMON every wave " I do average 800 monsters per wave.""""""

Flag Post

Don’t necro old threads from the first week of this game, then call them bull. It really just makes YOU Jevgenix look like a loser. This thread is 2 years old! There are plenty of updated threads on how to do this game right.

Personally, I only need 1 gem in one trap (surrounded by 6 amps) to easily get a level 35+ gem. In fact, if during a WGTF run and you don’t have a level 25 or so gem by wave 50, you’re doing it wrong. Around wave 50, you should easily be bombing 18 level 7 gems onto the summoning ticker. That’s roughly 792 monsters per wave, far earlier than your wave 90 example.

Flag Post

This is a high quality TD game and imo the best by far. So much effort and creativity has gone into it. Little intricate details in every aspect of this game is amazing. I played this game without this guide and i loved it. Exciting moments and edge of your seat stuff. Like when a monster is so close to the orb and you may or may not get it. Reaching high lvl gems by earning them bit by bit with careful planning and some times a gamble here and there.
Using this form of play ruins and degrades the game. My belief is they didn’t remove this style because it likely brought search hits and popularity with players who heard and wanted to try it.
My point is its fine to try this out but if you really want to get the maximum enjoyment out of this game do it the hard way. Earn every step and enjoy every moment and detail. :)
RhavinStark

Flag Post

5-6 trap green orange with ampli orange then one trap yellow green orange is way better. all other colour are completly useless.

Easy to have a grade 30 around wave 100.

If you wish to continue, at wave 150-160 your mana pool should extend by 20 000x every second and you will be able to have a mana pool of one trillon with 10 000 000x multiplier (useless but fun to create a gem lvl 42 in a few click). At this point my computer start to lag.

Anger at least 500-600 mob each wave.

Flag Post
Originally posted by teyris:

green

You mean lime.

Flag Post

i’m french and both are green for me :p

yep of course the chain hit gem.

Flag Post

Yeah, lime green is a common name for it. Just wanted to clarify because the actual green gem kinda sucks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superxchloe:

Though I suppose since the gem would be only a third orange and a third lime instead of half and half that would make the managain less.

You don’t need to go 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 in order to use triple gem bonus.

I almost always weight my gems heavily on whatever I want their specialty to be:

by starting with 1/1/2 [L,Y,O, say] then building up with Orange only [with the occasional L/O mix to boost the number of hits] I create a gem that leeches BUNCHES of manna.

or, I start with 1 part orange, 1 lime and 2 yellow. I’ll add a 3-yellow, then double the gem, add a half & half L/Y at level 6. keep up that pattern and you’ll have a gem that causes lots of damage with multiple hits. after about level 9 or 10, I start adding yellow only to help keep the game from lagging too much.

Flag Post

Actually, boosting both L and O with a tiny amount of Y will net you the most mana out of a gem, because the effective mana gain per gem shot takes both O and L component as multipliers, and multiplying X by (1-X) maximizes at X=0.5, meaning equal split of L and O in this case. ;)

Flag Post

Ugh, reincarnation of calvindang with necroposting power! Quoting 2011!