A sincere request from a fan to EdgebeeStudios. Skip to the last 2 lines if you do not want to read. page 2

32 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpeedingTurtle:

I say that everyone should just pay $5 through $10 bucks for the game and be done with all of this crap. This would give edgebee a quick profit, and all of the players could play as long as the want without micropayments.

I would have to agree. I would be willing to pay $5 for it and not have to deal with all these caps.

Otherwise… it’s really just the day caps that bother me, and the guild requirements for shop upgrades that Azihar mentioned. With how long it takes for some items to be made/researched… I often find myself spending days building a stock so that I can waste days waiting for research to finish, all the while running out of items. Normally that wouldn’t bother me too much, but with the day caps… it gets to be very boring and annoying.

It’s really a shame because I do like the game and would be willing to buy tokens for instant upgrades and recipes but if I can’t truly play at my leisure, then it’s not really worth it in my opinion.

Flag Post

I just realized that when you have to abdicate, you lose all token purchases as well… I’d say it’s definitely not worth paying for tokens now…

Flag Post

After reading through all the posts, I agree strongly with some points and disagree strongly with others. Ill start with some of the most recent posts.

The whole having a guild to help upgrade your stuff isn’t a horrid idea, seeing how it calls for teamwork, also the fact of your not buying the coins so they want you to work for the stuff your getting for free.
The whole having to spend says researching does suck, I wish researching worked while you were offline and you could still produce things while online. That way i wouldn’t spend upwards of 6 days for some items to be researched (that’s with no buffs to your workers researching) With most games ive played you could spend tokens to automatically finish a research project or something of the works.

As for the whole loosing your recipes and stuff that you spent coins on after going bankrupt or abdicating is in a way fair seeing how your suppose to start from scratch but its also a dirty move to get money. And I’m sure if you bought on of the metal packs that increase the day limits and you happened to go under you would have to pay again.

I understand the developers want you to pay for items, and I’m fine with the whole if you use coins you can have this building finished instantly or this research project finished right now. Hey if people wanna pay tokens for that to get a little bit ahead go for it. However the shoving the tokens thing down our throats isn’t nice, i like to take things slow. If i find I’ve played this game for more then a few days i might invest a few bucks here and there. If the company hasn’t noticed the world is in a economic stranglehold and we are watching our money more now then ever.

So let me sum it up. The if you pay with gold for a upgrade and you needing help from guild mates is fair (though you should be able to contribute to your own things) The day limit could be increased to 10 or 12 days heck even 14.
The recipes costing tokens i don’t agree with, you could keep the items that cost tokens just lower their prices, I think that could very well make that more pleasing to people seeing how they cant say “I lost $20 worth of tokens cause i bought recipes and went bankrupt.” Final note, the packages you guys offer for tokens is imo a good idea if they carry over when you start over. That would make the game far more appealing to people.

I don’t think what I asked for is unreasonable, but as the developers its your choice to listen to the public or ignore us and slowly lose more and more players.

Flag Post
Regardless, the game is non-competitive. No tournements, no monetary rewards. Nothing. Zero. Don’t whine about not being able to compete with nolife kids; I don’t think you’d enjoy competing with them either, based on your attitude.

The game is competitive for a lot of people. This is not a game that keeps players at risk of losing the game. I currently have almost 40 million gold. I couldn’t go bankrupt even if I tried. There is also no beating the game either: it’s never-ending, so there is not much point to playing the game for a lot of people except to try to compete and become the most efficient shopkeeper.

The one thing I dislike is that things like premium recipes cost tokens. It gives too much of a competitive edge to those of us who are willing to pay the price of a dinner for the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azihar:

All high end gear requires coins, which in turns does not make the game very friendly for people just want to try the game.

Hahaha, you just won the 1st price for the most pathethic whining freeloader.

And thank you stinky for explaining to that lightburnerR kid where the competition lies in this game ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by stinky472:

The game is competitive for a lot of people.

When I said that the game was non-competitive, I meant that there is no professional scene for it, that it was designed with the intention for two or more players compete against each other on a level playing field. An example of a game I am refering to is Starcraft II. Swords & Potions was not designed with the intention of direct player-to-player interaction, nor is there a level playing field between players, which was why I refered to it as non-competitive.

Also, going by your logic, then every game can and would be competitive. If so, then there is absolutely no difference between a “competitive” and a “non-competitve” game, because the latter would not exist at all.

Not all players play with the intention to compete, just because you do, does not imply everyone else does.

@GrimJester: Congratz. You camped for someone to refute my post, then quickly jumped on the band wagon to make yet another non-contriburary post to the thread. Again. Which is mostly (un)appreciated. Good job.

You’ve proven yourself superior, (maybe) once again.

Flag Post

1: i did not camp a shit, i just casually came across the thread, read through, and saw stinkies post.

2:

Originally posted by LightburneR:

Regardless, the game is non-competitive. No tournements, no monetary rewards. Nothing. Zero. Don’t whine about not being able to compete with nolife kids; I don’t think you’d enjoy competing with them either, based on your attitude.

Also, going by your logic, then every game can and would be competitive. If so, then there is absolutely no difference between a “competitive” and a “non-competitve” game, because the latter would not exist at all.

Let me explain it to you reeeeal slowly: multiplayer games are competitive (or sometimes cooperative), because thats why they ARE made for multiple players. If they weren’t competitive there was NO reason for them to be for multiple players.

If you find a game that is not comepetitive, then its either a single player game or an animated chat.

As for S&P: read the developers description: Try to become the most successfull merchant by running your own item shop in the world of Tomagar. Trade items with adventurers, craft powerful items and earn a profit from your sales. Challenge and surpass your peers using a variety of covert operations

Where you able to follow? Did you understand that?
Then i suggest you should THINK before you post your “unappreciated” flamer dirt in future.
You’ve proven yourself inferior (definitely) once again.

PS:

When I said that the game was non-competitive, I meant that there is no professional scene for it…

(playing) Flash Games → “professional scene” … You got some serious problems dude