Simple art for my first shooter

4 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys,

//

I’m a 20-year old 3rd year computer science major. I’m interested in learning more about flash games in my spare time, and i’m currently working on a target shooting game. I’m wondering if anyone is interested in helping me either discuss or produce better artwork as I build up the game. The game utilizes a pseudo-3d perspective with simple planes positioned in space. I’d be interested in the main style being very clean and modular, with the possibility to add new modes periodically. A level editor might even make sense at some point. Types of assets I need to think about are the following

//

-Guns (prob only 1 or two to start)
-Targets (interested in cutouts of enemies/monsters that look abstract and target-like)
-Basic Gui (like a magazine with a stack of bullets)
-Graphics for walls, floor, ceiling

//

Right now I animate gun shots programmatically by scaling the weapon graphics. It might be pretty inefficient to scale a large graphic in real-time and it seems like it slows down during gun shots. If anyone has experience with incorporating reloading or recoil animations into something like this I would really appreciate the advice.

//

The game is simple right now, and I also need to refactor a bit and clean things up before I build it up more. However, I think the mechanic is simple and fun, and can be incorporated into fun game. I would be willing to share profit from ad-rev or sponsorship when the game is completed. I’d really love to work with someone who has an hour or two a week to help me work on and update this over a longer period of time. Im also an athlete and don’t have lots of free time to make lots of progress quickly.

//

An early version of the game can be found at:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/TheRyjo/early-shooter-proto

//

If you’re interested, just post a response or send me a message.
Thanks,
Ryan

Flag Post

I can help .

Example of the stuff you seek made by me :

Im using MSpaint(artwork) + AdobeFlash CS5.5(converting art in .fla + some animations)

If your interested hit me a pm with some more details like:
- payment(if yes how much) or revenue split(again how much 50-50 ?)
- deadline for project
Other useful things.

Ramos

Flag Post

wow that’s impressive.
and that’s something coming the ms paint wizard of the school :D

Flag Post

I would suggest using vector graphics, not Bitmaps if you plan on scaling graphics much.