Professional Coder Offering Services for little to none

11 posts

Flag Post

No, its not too good to be true. I have a masters in Computer Science and am working on my PhD in Computer Science, so I’d like to collaborate with a group or two to help code games so that I can keep up my programming skill and have an actual reason to do so. Here’s what I know (Yes I realize most of these aren’t applicable in game development and quite a few of them no longer have a use in modern computing, but keep in mind that knowing more languages of code means I can make more efficient, better working code)

I’ve passed mastery SQL, Python, C, HTML/XML/CSS, Perl, JAVA, C++, BASIC, and C#. I’d say that I’m pretty comfirtable with about 6 or 7 others (B, Lua, D, SSH, Assembly, Machine Code, LINQ and maybe APL) but I can’t truly say I’ve mastered them, I tend to make errors in with them. And a few of them are really not used any more (B, Assembly, APL)

Keep in mind my involvment can be hobby level at best, because I need to maintain schooling for my DCompSci AND currently hold a job. There for I do not expect terribly much in return, and will take what is fair from any profits made if the game is published, other wise my work is free.

I can be reachable on Skype if you wish to collaborate that way, my user name is “xaliavenaltriv” my real name is Jacob Lindberg, other wise just drop me a reply to this thread or send my a private message. Thanks.

Flag Post

I’m no programmer… but…
Shivers in fear of greatness

Flag Post

Is any of the languages you said a derivative of or count as a substitute for Delphi or ActionScript? In case not: HAHAAAAH YOU MISS ONE!

Na, seriously great work man. I see why you’d want to do something in the gaming business. But hey, with this kind of knowledge, shouldn’t you be working at Jagex or Bethesda or alike company? Well I guess you would have to move for it, but just saying: you would be the best ;)

Cheers!

Flag Post

APL….. holy shit. so hardcore man :D

Flag Post

Could you code an AS3 game?

Flag Post

@MartijnMuijsers Delphi is one of my weaker languages, although I can find my way around an AS3 or Delphi script because of it’s similarities to Java, It’d be about as effective as trying to read German if English is your native language or vise-versa. I’ve not studied either of them at all, so I obviously wouldn’t put them down on languages I’ve mastered, or even know. As for your second question, I’m not done with my DCompSci, how ever I’ve already sent letters to and received feedback from a few companies, how ever they all have the stipulation that I actually finish with schooling, so until I can start going to job interviews, ect. I want to strengthen my knowledge of code in a way that’s relevant to my future career (i.e. game development)

@Argentin To an extent, how ever unless you plan on integrating or “porting” code from other languages, I’m certainly not the best person on the forums to talk to.

Flag Post

@JangoFettIW Oh man. Well good luck anyway!

Besides, this forum wouldn’t be the best place to do non-AS. Perhaps there’s some other Java-forums?

Flag Post

Yeah I realized that, I’ll probably take the thread down soon. I’m looking at some AS material now, it doesn’t seem too difficult and I could still probably be of some use if the task was to port a code from another language or just do debugging, either way I’ll probably put a post on a Java or C collab later.

Flag Post

Are you still looking for a project? Its for Actionscript but the requirements are quite basic.

Flag Post

do you do PHP / Javascript at all?

Flag Post

I know this Is very late in the game but I’ll PM you.