Looking for developers to help build games for social impact

3 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys,

I’m in the process of creating games to tackle problems in the developing world. I’m looking for artist, game developers, and back end developers. You can find the current website at www.play2thefuture.com

I look forward to anyone joining the team.

Play2thefuture’s mission is to get the world to come together to face our most pressing problems in an engaging and impactful way that transcends modern day charity.

The way we currently tackle global issues like climate change, extreme poverty, deforestation, and education is through donations to charities and non profits.

Although, these efforts should be encouraged, we need to realize that millions, if not billions, of people can’t get involved in these issues because they don’t have the disposable income to donate.

It’s time for a democratic way for all of us to face these problems.

Imagine by playing games about our biggest challenges, players could generate points to vote on real world solutions to these problems. Whichever solution won, would receive funding to launch their venture.

Play games, save the world.

Flag Post

I think what you’re doing is great. However, I’m unclear as to whether you are trying to solve social problems, or environmental problems.

Oh, I just remembered! Although I can’t collaborate with you guys for web games, I’m learning some forms of BASIC and C, so if you ever want some desktop applications, I’m up for it!

Edit: I just deleted what I typed before a lot of people saw it and got mad at me for it. Too bad – it was really well-written too!

Flag Post

This project looks like it has real potential. I’ve just finished my studies of AS3, and I’m looking for a way to expand my portfolio. If I can help in any way at all, just send me a message.