ideas for games first one to say the want it gets it

16 posts

Flag Post

ok i have ideas put cant develop them. pm or post on tread for 1 of the ideas ill say the rest once you pm or post that you want them.:

1. a shooter
2.a rpg
3.zombie apocolypse
4.a tower defence mixed together with something like backyard monsters
MORE TO COME

Flag Post

Sorry, but this isn’t going to help anyone.

Flag Post

You’re better off learning how to program, draw or compose music (in other words: contribute).
Being an Ideas Guy™ won’t get you anywhere.

Flag Post

crap well thanks anyway. ill be a music guy

Flag Post

While i have nothing against people sharing game ideas, I must say you haven’t provided enough material to hook anyone. As vague as it is your 4 games could be one. It’s insufficient to pull in people with just “a shooter”

I don’t understand why people guard ideas when they want others to make them.
What you should be doing is laying it out so people could pick it up with the least amount of hassle as possible.

If you wish to contribute music, please show us some.
It appears you are taking music lightly. I’ve spent the last 6 months working on a concept music piece which plays a vital role in the game i’m doing. The concept is there, yet I could not make it work. Yet again, i’m more of an artist.

Lastly i suggest you take care of “Sound” not just music.
Sound is always a bigger topic than it sounds. It’s quite tiring.

Flag Post

“What you should be doing is laying it out so people could pick it up with the least amount of hassle as possible.” <- Thats just plain rude and unacceptable.

I wouldn’t lay out an entire epic film script for just anyone to do with as they please. Idea’s DO have value. But I will agree in part, you have to learn to do something with your idea’s. Just having them isn’t enough. Making something from them is what makes us artists, musicians, writers, and programmers.

Flag Post

@Gengii That depends on what you value more, Just the idea being given a chance to live even if it means that nobody would know who it’s parents were, or putting your name on it so it dies yours.

regarding ideas we cannot make. there are 3 options
-Let it die forgotten.
-Let someone else adopt it.
-Let another one go to make space

The sad truth is, we have finite time and effort. Unless you have less ideas than time, letting some of them go is inevitable.

The least i could do, is I would give them a chance to live, I would lay them out entirely just in case someone has the heart to take them. Even if it means nobody recognizes me for it, even if I have to be rude and unacceptable, I’ll do this because they’re valuable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gengii:

“What you should be doing is laying it out so people could pick it up with the least amount of hassle as possible.” <- Thats just plain rude and unacceptable.

I wouldn’t lay out an entire epic film script for just anyone to do with as they please. Idea’s DO have value. But I will agree in part, you have to learn to do something with your idea’s. Just having them isn’t enough. Making something from them is what makes us artists, musicians, writers, and programmers.

Thanks for the laughs. For your information, here’s the value of ideas: good ones are a dime a dozen, the rest aren’t worth the bandwidth wasted to propagate them. Work, now, work’s a different story. You see, if you have a script for a movie written down, that’s not an idea, it’s something tangible. It may be good or it may not, but at least some work went into making it. It’s not something just about everyone could come up with in five seconds while sitting on the can like, say, ideas.

Not to mention that Epsellis’ remark made a lot of sense: If you have an idea and you expect someone else (anyone, really, you’re not picky) to put in all the work to turn it into a reality, the least you could do is lay it out in the open so they don’t have to do extra work to figure out what your idea actually is.

Flag Post

You do realize that’s a catch 22? Laying out an idea in it’s length IS making it something tangible according to your own definition.

OP is obviously new to this, and is trying to get into the scene. He’s not some dying creature who ‘cannot make all his ideas’. You can justify yourself all you like, and laugh at whatever you please. Form a committee to try and prove me wrong. But I will not stand to watch you make up what the f* values to intimidate the guy to give up his ideas. I know a vulture when I see one.

(Correction – you didn’t make up the values, I’ve seen it copy/pasted elsewhere across the web. Vultures will be vultures, what can I say)

Living in society means you need to earn something to survive. Give me a place where I can freely live and I’ll fill this world with free idea’s. Until then OP should keep his idea’s secret, keep them safe and learn what he needs to make something of his own idea’s. No one else is going to do it for you, for your benefit. So beware of the vultures looking for a free meal at your expense.

Flag Post

You know what? You’re both right. Ideas by themselves are not worth the bandwidth they are written on until they are made tangible. Once they become tangible, however, they can be stolen.

To the OP and any other “ideas person” who wants to break into the scene, I recommend downloading a free game engine. After all, the person who is most excited about seeing your ideas become full working games is you.

If you’re looking to make Flash games, Stencyl is probably the best choice for complete beginners. If you want to make HTML5 games or stand-alone PC executables, Construct 2 and Construct Classic are good for beginners as well. A number of developers swear by Game Maker, but if you use the free version, you won’t have access to a number of crucial features such as arrays and other data structures. You can also make 2D games with Unity 3D, but it will be like trying to swim against a strong current.

Speaking of which, there are several free 3D game engines available for download, but unless you’re really passionate about 3D games, I don’t recommend using them until you’ve learned how to make popular 2D games.

Flag Post

This is just ridiculous guys. Don’t talk as though the OP has some kind of Mass Effect level idea and story worked out and is carefully protecting his potential to make a gazillian dollars. Even if he did in fact, for example, create an entire design that is exactly as good as that the idea is still worthless without people to make it. Worthless, completely without value. Nobody here is desperately trying to get the OP to give up his ideas so we can jump on them and make them ourselves, it’s obvious by the ‘ideas’ presented in the OP that there isn’t any quality to be had there.

Even if there was, again ideas have less than no value. They only waste people’s time. The BEST case scenario is that someone else who actually has the ability and drive to make a game is inspired by some random phrase of an ‘idea guy’ and then goes on to actually make something. This is less likely the less details are given.

…vultures. Just wow.

Flag Post

Until then OP should keep his idea’s secret, keep them safe and learn what he needs to make something of his own idea’s.

The question is whether that’s realistically going to happen, though.

If he has no intention of putting the work into making them into games by himself and just wants to see someone else make it, then he needs to share the ideas for anyone else to even be able to consider it.

If you write your epic movie script, and suddenly realize that you can’t film it all yourself, you’re going to need to find other people to do the work for you. Unless you’re already a major scriptwriter, you don’t go to Hollywood and sell it to someone, because movies aren’t made that way around. Writers are hired to work on someone else’s script, rather than the writer calling the shots in a movie.

I do agree that the reaction from some of the members here can be a bit over the top, though. There’s no need to be rude or make fun of someone for not knowing how things usually work.

Flag Post

IM surprized you guys still keep this topic alive :)))

Flag Post

He’s not some dying creature who cannot make all his ideas

wow…I apologize. I did not realize I was talking to someone who has so few ideas he could make all of them.
I never thought someone like you exist! Be happy! You’re special! Don’t worry, everyone learns at their own pace. Here’s a little something to help you along:

When someone says “PM me for my ideas” and you really want them, what would you do?

A) Advise him on how to make people want to pick it up
B) Tell him what the first steps are to creating a team.
C) Do the rain dance.
D) PM him.

Hint: The answer is in the question.

@Dragan – I honestly think we’ve forgotten about the OP a while ago.
@Ramos – Just for fun. Plus it’s interesting what kind of ideas people have regarding ideas.

Flag Post

^ Yeah, I figured that the thread had turned into an ideological debate, but I figured bringing back the context of this discussion was worth the effort.

Clearly some people were waiting for a chance like this to vent or something o.0

Quick, post some bewbs so we can all appreciate them and relax a bit.

Flag Post

And i really don’t think a thread saying it has another idea for an RPG and a zombie survival game holds much value compared to the accidental discussion about the value of ideas that just happened. at least for me.

I find it an interesting comparison. Here we see the perspective of someone who comes up with probably hundreds or thousand ideas a day saying “good ideas are a dime a dozen”, and one who lacks it so much he thinks you have to “copy” common sense. ie: “you didn’t make up the values, I’ve seen it copy/pasted elsewhere across the web”

It challenges a belief of mine that everyone is equal.