Looking for Graphic Artists or Programmers To Help With Pokemon Game Development. (Need 1 of each)

56 posts

Flag Post

Hello,

I’m working on a pokemon mmorpg with 16 other people. We are using Java. We have spots open for anyone that has a qualified skill such as graphics, programming or mapping & music that wants to help.

I would appreciate a message on these forums or you can email me at pkmnion@yahoo.com

This is not an advertisement. We are just looking for more help with the project.

Flag Post

Didn’t you make one of these a few weeks ago? What was wrong with that thread… Anyway, your game will be illegal unless you get permission and no member of the team can get paid.

Flag Post

Probably what was wrong with it was all the people pointing out how illegal the whole enterprise is. How it would never make any money and if it did, would be rightfully sued into oblivion.

Certainly I could see how working on a project that is doomed to either fail or get you in legal trouble would be a problem for some people.

Another question would be how many people Pkmnion would consider to be enough. Apparently there’s already 17 (seventeen!) of them working on the game, I’m having a hard time figuring out how many more they could possibly want.

Flag Post

I’m having a hard time understanding how so many people haphazardly picked up across the internet can work together efficiently without the kind of professional level organization, planning, foresight, and project experience that this whole concept seems to lack.

Flag Post

Why hasn’t Pokemon World Online been shut down yet?

Why hasn’t Pokemon Den Of Ages been shut down yet?

Why hasn’t Pokemon Dawn Of Darkness been shut down yet?

Why has Pokenet made a comeback?

Why is it that POL, which will be better then all of the above pokemon games won’t be shut down?

Why is it that anytime people make a pokemon mmo they are always criticized?

Flamers are always going to write crap such as all of you above.

Our team is using skype, dropbox, teamviewer and paid for php forum to communicate. Progress is going great.

Pokemon mmorpg’s can profit off of advertisements by using adsense. PDoA makes a profit by using a separate website to sell items & sprites.

If you know how to recruit the right people (college students, college graduates). Anything is possible.

Flag Post

Pokenet was shut down because they used all the intellectual property that was in the handheld games. That is why they were originally shut down.

PWO was shut down for one year because they were dumb a**** and made bank by selling pokemon to players. Pokemon = intellectual property.

PDoA played the game the correct way. They sold sprites created by themselves and made up items that aren’t owned by Nintendo/Gamefreak.

If nobody has realized. Pokemon World Online has advertisements on a bunch of websites. They now use adsense. As long as people go to the page with the ad or click the advertisement, those developers make money. Nintendo/Gamefreak can’t shut them down for that because it has nothing to do with copyrighting.

Flag Post

Lastly, we only have 13 people working on the game now. Most of the 17 before were mappers and were irrelevant to the games progress.

Majority of the 13 people now are programmers and it isn’t hard to map. I can teach a 5 year old to do that in ten minutes.

We need 1 more programmer & graphic artist. Please send a list of experience/qualifications to pkmnion@yahoo.com if interested in helping.

Flag Post

All those txt walls with your "explinationss are worth 0 when come to finding a decent coder and artist under this circumstances

Flag Post

what i see is someone who doesn’t take criticism very well.
Did you take my advice in the last thread? write them an email. Their official reply alone could end all these questions way better than you ever can. especially true after witnessing your reply.

I wish you luck on the project, after behaving like that, you’ll clearly need it to find a decent programmer and artist here.

Flag Post

The last thread was locked and shut down. I pay no attention to that.

We have 2 graduate level programmers. 1 who is attending ITT again to further his education. The other works for a company in mexico. He is currently coding a gps application for traffic and working on the project.

We also have a more then great graphic artist from gamedev. His account name is Rdemeo if you want to look him up.

I’m just tired of seeing the same crap over and over again. Criticism doesn’t bother me at all because i’ve seen the same kind of posts before on other developers adverts. “A Pokemon MMO will be shut down and never succeed” It didn’t stop default and viperspray from establishing pokemonium or Sickbailey from creating PDoD.

And as far as contacting Nintendo. It is near impossible to get ahold of them. The only office I can get ahold of is customer service and that doesn’t solve anything.

Flag Post

Quite frankly if you already have 16 people thats way more than enough. You’ve got the storyline, art, and almost everything code-wise laid out for you, you just need to port it.

Flag Post

OP, you can’t make a Pokemon game because Pokemon is copyrighted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

OP, you can’t make a Pokemon game because Pokemon is copyrighted.

He can make whatever game he wants, it’s his choice to risk getting squashed like a bug and wasting the time and effort of dozens of people.

Flag Post

No pokemon game has been shut down since pokenet. We aren’t nearly using as much intellectual property. We are creating our own map tiles & sprites. Pokemon and its features are the only thing we are stealing.

And to clarify the post earlier. We don’t have 16 people. We have 13. 8 of them are active all the time. We need 1 more graphic artist & 2 can’t do all the work themselves. And of the 8 programmers we could always use an extra hand with that. Database takes a long time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pkmnion:

Pokemon and its features are the only thing we are stealing.

You admit to stealing?! :o

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pkmnion:

No pokemon game has been shut down since pokenet. We aren’t nearly using as much intellectual property. We are creating our own map tiles & sprites. Pokemon and its features are the only thing we are stealing.

And to clarify the post earlier. We don’t have 16 people. We have 13. 8 of them are active all the time. We need 1 more graphic artist & 2 can’t do all the work themselves. And of the 8 programmers we could always use an extra hand with that. Database takes a long time.

So, you’re making new versions of the unimportant filler images used as a background, but you’re going to use the characters, style, and gameplay that make up the entire concept of Pokemon? Yeah, I bet Nintendo will be so happy that you only are copying the most valuable parts of one of their flagship game series.

Flag Post

You insult other users and are not willing to accept criticism. You are looking for mappers but say the ones you had are not important. You sir, are a jackass! Mapping is an important process of any game.

I really hope you get shut down on release for being so arrogant. I sure as hell will be flagging your ‘game’ for using copyrighted material. :P Enjoy your day!

Flag Post

Were did I say that I need mappers?

A 5 year old can map. Mapping is simple. The old mappers we had were a problem so one of the programmers banned them. I did not get rid of those people. We now have new mappers.

I’m kind of really entertained the same 3 or 4 people keep replying to this topic. It’s hilarious to think that their is a LOZ mmorpg now and Nintendo doesn’t care. There is even Digimon and other games. There is even an advert for a gundam wing game on kongragate.

Those are illegal.

Whats the beef with a group of people making a pokemon game then?

Nobody here has really listed any kind of logical reasons why it shouldn’t be done?

All that anyone has done is criticize and nobody has put any thoughts into answering any of my questions. I have over 15 adverts on various forums. Most forums are very supportive of a game like this being made. You criticize me the same way any other pokemon mmorpg gets criticized before they become a success.

Flag Post

Only way You can create this game and dont make it banned at the release is to make it Fan’s game, which means = no incomes not including external ads, as they are not directly related to the copyright protected item BUT they will be too small after all to cover server costs, no sponosor, server costs, Rightfull owner can shut down Your game at any time whenever he will want to (even if its fan app only – its his right).

Anyway if You simply want to create this game just to show the world that You (or Yours group) can do it – it’s ok, other thing is if it have a sense, but I wont judge. In second if You want to get any money from this – its not going to happen and proably You will have probs with nintendo, and debts for servers.

Imo much better way is to contact nintendo, what they will let You to do or what they dont want to even hear about. For sure they will let You to create fan’s game and prohibite commercial game based on pokemon world ;)

Contact forms :

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/contact.jsp

For any other legal inquiry or concern, e-mail us at noalegal@noa.nintendo.com

Simple mail wont cost You much but can possibly grant You with clear vision of situation .

BR

Flag Post

We have spots open for anyone that has a qualified skill such as graphics, programming or mapping & music that wants to help.

And yes a five y/o can map, doesn’t mean they will do a good job.

Flag Post
Originally posted by L_Deathnote:

We have spots open for anyone that has a qualified skill such as graphics, programming or mapping & music that wants to help.

And yes a five y/o can map, doesn’t mean they will do a good job.

I find the statement that a five year old can map funny, because it implies that the quality of the game’s maps are apparently going to be judged as good enough if a five year old can do them.

You know, the maps. What the players will be walking around on for 100% of the time they’re not fighting or trading.

In an MMORPG.

Flag Post

Obviously the point of saying that a 5 year old can map is that it isn’t a hard skill to learn and become good at.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tr1b4l:

Only way You can create this game and dont make it banned at the release is to make it Fan’s game, which means = no incomes not including external ads, as they are not directly related to the copyright protected item BUT they will be too small after all to cover server costs, no sponosor, server costs, Rightfull owner can shut down Your game at any time whenever he will want to (even if its fan app only – its his right).

Anyway if You simply want to create this game just to show the world that You (or Yours group) can do it – it’s ok, other thing is if it have a sense, but I wont judge. In second if You want to get any money from this – its not going to happen and proably You will have probs with nintendo, and debts for servers.

Imo much better way is to contact nintendo, what they will let You to do or what they dont want to even hear about. For sure they will let You to create fan’s game and prohibite commercial game based on pokemon world ;)

Contact forms :

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/contact.jsp

For any other legal inquiry or concern, e-mail us at noalegal@noa.nintendo.com

Simple mail wont cost You much but can possibly grant You with clear vision of situation .

BR

One of our programmers jisa owns a server farm. Anything server related is taken care of and we don’t have to pay anything.

We are planning to make money only from advertisements.

We will give items/pokemon to gamers for donations and that money will only be used for development costs.

Flag Post

Does this game happen to be PokeMMO? I’m really loving that at the moment. Be free to do anything you want, but just understand the risks throughout the journey.

Flag Post

You are a little too entusiastic about this project, calm down and cold calculate everything ;)

We will give items/pokemon to gamers for donations and that money will only be used for development costs.

By doing this You will break the copyright law, such game can’t generate any income itself (this including item shops, memberships, payd content etc.), only advertisements are allowed (as long as they wont appear in game) and other methods that dont involve copyrighted item itself. No matter if cash earned this way will cover developement costs or they will be used to buy some plasma TV ;) Income is an income no matter how You ll spend it.

Have You sent e-mail to nintendo ?

BR