Josh Freund - Music Composer looking to add feeling to your next game

9 posts

Flag Post

Hi! My name’s Josh Freund, aka Drakken. I’m a composer and an avid fan of video game music, and I’m looking to take on some indie game projects. I know there are a lot of composers out there, but I like to think I’ve got something unique to offer. Composing for games has been my dream for as long as I can remember, and it’s thus something I’m very passionate about. I feel that passion shows through in my music – my strength is in creating strong, memorable melodies and songs that will connect with the players and make your game’s soundtrack stand out – no generic fluff here.

Go ahead and check out my work at my Soundcloud page:

Game Music / Soundtrack

Piano Works

Electronic / Miscellaneous

If you like what you hear and are interested in having me compose for your project, send me a message either here on the boards or to my email at jfreund1 AT gmail DOT com. Note that I don’t just do game soundtracks – I’m also open to scoring for short films, trailers, podcasts, etc, – anything that needs music.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy what you hear!

Flag Post

Just posted a new piano song! It’s another emotive piece in the same vein as Clutching at Fading Memories, though a bit darker in tone:

Crossing the Distance

Flag Post

Those are great. Good job. What are you looking for payment wise?

Flag Post

really good job with the music i like them really much

Flag Post
Originally posted by Qaz_:

Those are great. Good job. What are you looking for payment wise?

Thanks, Qaz_! Payment specifics would be discussed in private on a game by game basis, but I will say that I’m very affordable. Would even potentially work for free if a game really catches my fancy.

Originally posted by peroxen:

really good job with the music i like them really much

Thanks, peroxen!

Flag Post

Recently finished a chillout type track I’ve been working on for awhile. It’s my longest original so far, at almost 5 minutes. As the title implies, I picture it playing in a (mostly peaceful) section where you’re exploring underwater caves.

The Sunken Caves

Flag Post

Updated with a new track I just wrote – it’s a minor-sounding/moody piano piece. Reminds me a bit of In Bruges’ main theme at times, if anyone’s familiar with that. Makes for great late night listening.

A Strange Encounter

Also recently composed an upbeat synthy/chippy tune for a fun little platformer that’s nearly finished. Will post that here once the game is released.

Flag Post

Can you try something more fast paced/ upbeat and adventurey?

Flag Post

Exciting news! Howmonica was just released here on Kongregate this past week. It’s a fun gravity-flipping / block-painting puzzle platformer made by Spydog. I did the title theme / main bgm; it’s a very melodic, upbeat, fun song – not technically a chiptune but it’s got that feel.

Check out the game here: Howmonica

We also released a soundtrack featuring my tune as well as a great second bgm by Skullbeatz. You can listen and download @ Bandcamp here: Howmonica OST or just stream my tune @ Soundcloud here.