Actionscript 2 Programmer needed

8 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone, I’m looking to create a side scrolling 2d platformer, similar style to super mario bros for nes and super meat boy, with original concepts and art. I’ve got most of the story sorted. Since I’ve made decent headway on the project I was hoping to find somebody who knows AS2 to collaborate with because I’m not much of a programmer.

I’d like anyone who is an advanced programmer to conact me. The main aim isn’t to make a profit but anything that IS made will be discussed later.

If anybody is interested just post in the thread or drop me a message and I’ll give some more details.

Flag Post

Why not use Actionscript 3 its better and probably less bugs

Also you could check out stencyl that does not require any programming knowledge at all

Flag Post

but how is it better. Also are you an Actionscript 3 programmer?

Flag Post

No I do not have any experience in “Actual” Flash Programming but Stencyl allowed me to make my first game SpeedThrow
go to www.stencyl.com for more info

Flag Post

i maybe could help you :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by MichaelS508:

but how is it better

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1869416/advantages-of-actionscript3-over-actionscript2

Flag Post

AS2 is pretty much a dead language and for good reason. Only reason you would ever have to use it is if you are an animator trying to add simple interactivity to a timeline. Even then, AS3 is not much harder in most cases. You just need to understand how typical programming languages work. That includes type casting, declaring variables, and so on. I recommend you have a look at Stencyl if you want to make games without any programming skills. Beyond that, Game Maker Studio is very good for beginners. Unity requires a bit more programming experience in order to really make use of it, but you could try it anyway.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Flag Post

AS2 is as dead as this post was before you posted, you know. Once it’s dead jsut let it be?