Looking for a Programmer

7 posts

Flag Post

My name is Lourival Maia, 20. I’m doing a game called “Muko Amata Adventures”, the game itself is about Muko Amata, a lazy samurai that have his sandals stolen by a ninja. His sandals is the only thing that his father left before he died. As a magical motivation to start the jouney, the game begins. With japanese feudal ambientation as a pixel art 2D side scroller, the game focuses on comedy and adventure. I’m working on this as an artist and game designer, searching for a rpg-partner-like programmer.

Flag Post

Here comes a mockup:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/9ihjjd.jpg

The first stage is about 90% done.

Flag Post

Looks like a pretty cool concept, but I’m gonna’ have to ask a question if you don’t mind.

If a programmer were to join, what would they be expected to do? What systems would be focused on?

Flag Post

Originally i planned this game to be programmed for IOS, but realized that its dificult to find a programmer. Now, this game serves only for portfolio purposes. I have about 4 phases in my mind, but in the demo version, there are only 2. Of course the programmer are allowed to use the demo version in his portfolio too. Anyway, any language that make the game happens are valid.

Flag Post

So, it’s a platforming game with RPG elements that is designed to best represent the skill and efficiency of the artist?

Flag Post

If you want to see that way… I’m not looking for something new in this game, i’m trying to do something standard for portfolio purposes, something to show that the team can do something that some current industries does. We’re talking about 2 stages, a demo version, just to insert the player into de ambience.

Flag Post

Alright, neat. I could most likely help out. I’ll cook up a programming demo or two to show off what I can do. If you need to reach me, try my email: zackbleus@gmail.com