Need Jobs For An App/Game

6 posts

Flag Post

Hi, my name is Ryan, and I have recently came up with an idea. The Brony community is very large, and are always looking for something to fuel their fandom. After being bored and going through the internet, I got an idea… “Why not make a My Little Pony game, that’s like Final Fantasy?” After awhile of thinking it through and buying a couple of lottery tickets, I decided “Why not? I’ll give it a try.” So, I need people who know how to these things.
Coding: At least 2 or 3 people.
8-bit/16-bit Graphics animator: At least 2 or 3 people.
Level Design: At least 2 or 3 people.
Character Design: At least 3 or 4 people.
Storyline: At least 1 more person.
Music: Just 1 person.
If there is any job you think I may be missing, just tell me and how many people I need. The people that I accept for helping, will receive an email for the story plot, characters, etc. and what they will need to work with. I would recommend that you at least watch a few episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, or you are a brony. After the game is done and released, I will pay everyone who helps (We’ll discuss our pricing later). Thank you, and best regards! -Ryan.

Flag Post

What are you contributing?

Flag Post

Money, learn to read.

Flag Post

This sounds like it has the potential to be a good project. :-) I’m a composer and I would love to do the music for your game. Here’s a link to my website. Have a listen to the video game music reel and let me know if you like what you hear. I’ve also done the music for Turn Out the Light. I haven’t watched any of the My Little Pony episodes, but if I got this job I would definitely watch at least a few to understand the general feel of the My Little Pony Series. If you’d be interested in having me as a member of your team, feel free to private message me (or just respond in this forum).

Thanks!

Flag Post

There is already a thread that just won’t die about the topic, and they haven’t solved a very critical question:

How do you make money off of a copyrighted IP when you don’t own the copyright, without getting sued into oblivion?

Until and unless you have an ironclad answer to this question, don’t bother pursuing the matter further.

Flag Post

The way to do that is to just make everything similar, but not exactly the same (think most of the world of pop music). Instead of calling it “My Little Pony” you call it “My Little Horsey” and you change all of the character names just slightly. Sure, it’s an obvious copy, but there’s no copyright infringement going on and as long as you have the same feel for the game as for the TV show, no one playing the game will really care about the difference.