Jojn a team, make a game, earn money, get equity page 2

47 posts

Flag Post

Storytelling maniac and character designer are my main attributes, I put it on my CV. I’m a graduate Computer Games Designer and I am always looking to work on projects. I know your pain with not knowing much of programming and such, I am the exact same.

I want to work on projects of anything really and I know no one around me physically that is looking to do what your suggesting here. So if you want an eager and hardworking minion then I am your man, hopefully.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShadowDragonTam:

Storytelling maniac and character designer are my main attributes, I put it on my CV. I’m a graduate Computer Games Designer and I am always looking to work on projects. I know your pain with not knowing much of programming and such, I am the exact same.

I want to work on projects of anything really and I know no one around me physically that is looking to do what your suggesting here. So if you want an eager and hardworking minion then I am your man, hopefully.

Sent you a PM.

Flag Post

Here is a major storytelling maniac… I don’t have much experience on these projects to be honest but have been told by numbers of people I have talent. I can write back stories for characters, plot lines, etc. I mainly write fantasy in my spare time and so that is my specialty. As for anything money or profit wise, forget it, I just want my name in the credits…

Flag Post

I am a relatively decent AS3 programmer. You can check out some of my games in my profile. I’ll be honest, I’m not very creative, suck at graphics, am decent at design, and am not ambitious (when working by myself). However, when with a team, I always complete my task my a deadline and can usually take on most programming challenges. I also have a list of game concepts, mostly mechanics, that I can roll out if need be.

Also, I’m a bit unclear as to what/when will be happening. You (Bronsoner) will be in charge of funding/all things marketing? Together a team of ??? people will be working on a few small games or one big small game? Also is there a timeline for when this will all start/conclude?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by HensHouse:

I am a relatively decent AS3 programmer. You can check out some of my games in my profile. I’ll be honest, I’m not very creative, suck at graphics, am decent at design, and am not ambitious (when working by myself). However, when with a team, I always complete my task my a deadline and can usually take on most programming challenges. I also have a list of game concepts, mostly mechanics, that I can roll out if need be.

Also, I’m a bit unclear as to what/when will be happening. You (Bronsoner) will be in charge of funding/all things marketing? Together a team of ??? people will be working on a few small games or one big small game? Also is there a timeline for when this will all start/conclude?

Sent you a PM.

Flag Post

I am very interested in this goal you’re striving towards, Bronsoner. I can do decent art and some graphics, but my peak potential is in storytelling and character design. I’m currently writing a mystery fiction novel concerning complicated time travel and character relationships of which I would be happy to privately let you read an excerpt. It would be nice to have projects like these to write for when I’m procrastinating on my book.

Flag Post

I’m definitely interested in story writing and character development/creation, etc. I’m also learning to code ActionScript 3.0 at the moment. I wouldn’t be able to code much but I’d be able to competently communicate with coders (should they be using actionscipt). I’d love to be a writer on any projects you may have for me and I can work with other writers as well. Thanks for you consideration.
(For the record I have been a writer on a few games before but I’m pretty sure all of them have been cancelled or taken of the web.)

Flag Post

Hi, I was just wondering if you may need a QA tester. I’m starting in the industry and would like as much experience as I can get. Thanks. Matt

Flag Post
Originally posted by Badger_burrow:

Hi, I was just wondering if you may need a QA tester. I’m starting in the industry and would like as much experience as I can get. Thanks. Matt

We’re doing final bugfixes to the stable, playable version. Will let you know once we have it online.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bronsoner:

We’re doing final bugfixes to the stable, playable version. Will let you know once we have it online.

Not sure if you saw my post. Any spots open for me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by OminousCyborg:
Originally posted by Bronsoner:

Not sure if you saw my post. Any spots open for me?

Unfortunately not at the moment. Will let you know when a spot becomes available.

Flag Post

I see no one has applied for graphic artist? It’s been a LONG time since you made this post but hey if you want someone to help you out with artistry and stuff, that’s great. I’ve also had my own idea but personally I’m no story telling maniac…

Flag Post

Here is one of the games i helped to create: http://www.kongregate.com/games/SgtMook/haven-prelude

Flag Post

Was it profitable?

Also, are you tracking stats on the game? Mochibot is a great tool for post-release satisfaction. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Was it profitable?

Also, are you tracking stats on the game? Mochibot is a great tool for post-release satisfaction. ;)

Yes it was.

Game Stats are handled by main game author.

Flag Post

Hey, i’ve been studying music since i was about 5, and i’m now 18, so i’m now grade 8 on piano and bass, about grade 5 doing on guitar (grade 6 soon enough) and i came from a christian school, so i was forced to sing pretty much, i’ve also got an a distinction in music at an As level, an A in GCSE music, and another distinction in music tech NVQ level 3. i have a broad interest in all genres of music from funk to metal to classical, and i’m able to produce a minutes worth of quality sound in about half an hour to an hour. Also i’ve beatboxed for about 4 years now, and i can currently add in dubstep with beat boxing.
Here’s a few examples of songs i’ve written;
for an easter performance at college this year i made a reggae song, i wrote the lyrics, bass line, guitar, and kazoo, and got a bit of help from my friend for actually developing my beatbox into a real drum beat (sorry for the quality by the way) – garage song
this is one i created on cubase, it took about 1-3 hours, also on the page there’s a collaboration i did with a friend, i wrote it out and he editted it and added instruments and wobbles to make it sound 8-bitesque, and a project where i had to make a tv theme tune my sound cloud account
finally this was done about a year ago, so obviously i have developped a lot more than this, the vocal range is higher now, i’ve learnt more techniques and the dub noise is a lot cleaner now, but yeah, this is me dub-boxing
I hope to be hearing from you!

Flag Post

I am that storytelling maniac and character designer. I am almost done with my art + art history major specializing in narrative art and illustration. I am currently taking a class in video game art and I already have experience in making backgrounds/detailed character sheets and playable characters. Using this class to beef up my video game concept and art asset portfolio before I graduate, I am very serious about making a living off of making games. Also, I share your long love relationship with games- been playing pokemon since 1998. I watch other games genres because pokemon is my life long commitment but I still want to see what else is out there and what is being done differently.

Animated Sprite
background/animated
Background with character/Platform object
Character Design

I am also very good at sharp shooting loopholes in stories/possible mechanics in games that just do not make sense with the theme already presented.

I do not know much about AS3 animation, but it sounds like something I would like to learn. I have some experience with animating in PS5 (I have samples if you would like to see). Finally, I do not have experience in making music but it seems I can learn from your team and be able to contribute more through learning through the team.
Please email me instead if you are interested in adding me to the team: gretshellerivera@gmail.com

Flag Post

This thread has been dead for some time, you’d probably have more success copying your post in the ‘talent available’ sticky or creating your own thread. Those samples look good by the way, and with a more extensive portfolio I’m pretty sure you’d generate some interest.

Edit: \/ Dude, you know that thing I said about posting in dead threads right here? Well, turns out it applies to you too. Why don’t you start your own thread instead of putting your ad in a dead one? Seriously, whatever do you hope to accomplish by being the latest post in a long-forgotten thread?

Flag Post

Hello, my name is Rodrigo Capociama.
I’m from Brazil and I’m starting my career as a Game Designer, I’m 23 years old and an experienced programmer (main language being Java and AS3) as well as a professional web developer.
I’m very interested in starting out a new team, even without focusing on getting money first, I think the idea of getting a team of capable and proud developers is a great start for a carreer and I’m offering my services as AS3 engine programmer with aptitude for game design and leading roles [previous professional experience as leader of a medium-sized telecommunications company’s development team].

If you are interested in any way, just contact me @ akkagi.dev@gmail.com /rodrigo.capociama@gmail.com or directly private message me on kongregate, the quicker way to reach me is through the akkagi.dev@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and attention, hope to get in touch with you soon. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

This thread has been dead for some time, you’d probably have more success copying your post in the ‘talent available’ sticky or creating your own thread. Those samples look good by the way, and with a more extensive portfolio I’m pretty sure you’d generate some interest.

Edit: \/ Dude, you know that thing I said about posting in dead threads right here? Well, turns out it applies to you too. Why don’t you start your own thread instead of putting your ad in a dead one? Seriously, whatever do you hope to accomplish by being the latest post in a long-forgotten thread?

I’m new to this site so I did not realize it was a “dead” thread.
At least it gave me a good “prompt” to answer, so I have some info to post in my own thread I suppose. Thanks for the guidance.

Flag Post

It’s been a while, tought a small update would be in place. Recently realised those two on android:
“Memmals”: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.silvertowerstudio.memmals
“Fruit Combo”: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.silvertowerstudio.fruitcombo