TextRPG: The Turning Point (Alpha released) page 19

480 posts

Flag Post

this is going to be like the best game ever. i loved the first one, and the only problem was that a wanted to play as multiple people, wanted more quests/sidequests, and wanted more interesting features that i cant think of. it looks like number 2 will have everything i want. btw, do you have a reletively decent idea of when you will release a new demo version, i really want to see what youve done so far.

Flag Post
Hmm, that's funny, I remember posting a demo notice everywhere...
Oh well.
Anyways, I plan to release a demo before the end of the year.
This demo may or may not include the Great GUI (Which are the actual screens the game will be using)
But will include as much functionality as possible.
If the demo doesn't contain the Great GUI, then menus still are subject to change.
If it does contain the Great GUI, what you see is likely what you'll get, unless I put big "under construction" signs all over the place.

A list of features that will be working by the end of this week or are already working:
Main
- New
- Load
- Save

-- Shops
--- Buying Items
--- Selling Items
-- Inns
--- Sleeping
- Area
-- Fighting monsters

Travel
- Travelling from location to location
- TravelEvents.

Battle
- Basic Attacks
- Basic enemy AI (If it's below 90% HP, it will also use heal spells. If it's below 50%, it will prioritize heal spells.)
- Skills
- Buffs
- Debuffs
- Flee
- Looting items

Stats
- Inventory display, although a bit texty
- Party member display
- Distributing statpoints
- Equipping items
- Quick stats
- Levelling up
- Item Bonuses (Dagger of +1 Strength)

Did I forget anything?
IDK.

Now, I hear you say, "Gosh, that's almost TRoD!"
I mean, all I have to add would be...
Graphics, Music, Achievements, Quests, Sidequests, Usables, Chests, Dungeons, Some actual content, Classes, Difficulty, Undo save... and maybe some other things.
Okay, maybe it's still a long way to TRoD, but I say that barring the quests, it's already shaping up to be quite a good game.

TL;DR:
This year demo, feature list is longcat, and I'm still missing some key features like quests.

ALSO I HATE THE [CENSORED] FORMATTING

Flag Post

thanks, sorry i didnt see the demo notices anywhere, but i didnt want to read through 19 pages of text. i cant wait till you release the demo and thanks for working so hard on it.

Flag Post

I think that you should make little pictures of what all the characters look like next to the stats, and when the character is almost dead make in change to look close to death.

Flag Post

That would sort of defeat the whole purpose of a TextRPG.

Flag Post

So do you have any of the “story” written?

Flag Post
Originally posted by isonno:

So do you have any of the “story” written?

Nope!
I’ve got the baselines down…
But I’m gonna need a working engine before I can start writing storyline.
I might be releasing some concept art of menu designs soon!

Flag Post

Sweet

Flag Post

I’m still ironing out the last details with Raikuenn, but I think we’ll have a shop design to show you soon!
In the meantime…

Would you mind if I hid the party bar so you would have to mouse over to see it?
In battle, it would be fully shown ofcourse.
Example:
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1292028113

It’s the same main menu design as Demo #3, but this time, it allows more screen space.
(The left hand menu will be retractable aswell, because certain things require a lot of space (equipping items is gonna be a pain to do in 550×600)

Flag Post

Basic shop design (might change later)

Note that all the graphical quality in here will be upgraded to something more decent.

Flag Post

Because yeah, bumps are needed, sort of.
Demo will be released soon (within 14 days)…

Flag Post

The demo will be released shortly. There won’t be quests in the demo due to time problems (xmas ambushed me).
Also bump, since no feedback on store image just yet.

Flag Post

Shop art! (by Raikuenn)

Demo link!
http://megaswf.com/serve/93453/

Flag Post

That looks really awesome ^
Put it in the game quick! ;D

Flag Post

I intend to put it in the game when it’s done, and when the other GUI elements are done.

Flag Post

I would like to help out in the form of art and animation. I think this project would be good for me because I love UI design and can also program my animation and buttons. Reply or PM me if you interested.

Flag Post

It’s looking nice…I especially like the shop menu

Flag Post

looks really nice, again i cant wait.

Flag Post

Working on Dungeon Programming atm. Randomized dungeons you can move around in. Will be really fancy, but it’s causing headaches (good signs).

Flag Post

2 months on no update :( anyways bump

Flag Post

Too distracted with BeGone, among other things. A real shame…

Flag Post

another schedule fail complete with my sadness. i wonder if Pimgd is still programming this?

Flag Post

How about a thread lock then? This one’s old, and there’s nothing new to see. No point in bumping it every couple of months.

Flag Post

Well… after a few months… well… bump?

Please, this was a great original game, you can make a better new one, unless you just… don’t.

Please do.

Flag Post

Textrpg: The Rise of Diablo was amazing. I don’t know why I never saw this. Hope to see something eventually!