TextRPG: The Turning Point (Alpha released) page 2

480 posts

Flag Post

Oranges tend to be orange. It was a pun. Also, I kept the calm and collected, because she largely didn’t contend in the fight at the beginning. I … don’t know how you call it, interpretations or something, that those fears would make her slightly scared, and that “really doesn’t like to be called Samantha” means she’ll snap.

Flag Post

Ok, then, sorry about that.

Actually, I’ve noticed that we’re the two main voices on this collab at the moment, as other people have only made one or two posts each (maximum three), and yet we’re making post after post after post. I don’t think I’ll make any more posts on the collab for a while… keep in mind, though, that I’m not leaving the collab, and I will make some more posts later on. Peace out, for now!

Flag Post

Don’t worry.
/\ /\
…_…

Flag Post

Yeah I like that idea better of them clashing just with words.

So are all the characters going to meet up with the main character at first or just later on. Because if they do get on later on then thay could fight each other before they join the group. then when the main character wins, the other player could join the group. You could show a cutscene after you defeat them that says will you join my group, yadda yadda yadda.

Anyways please consider that idea

Flag Post

They meet up later, but the style in which the meet up will take place hasn’t been decided yet. Nor the order.

Flag Post

ok gotcha

Flag Post

I’m thinking of another storyline that includes all the main characters and this is what I have so far.

You set down your bags and lay on the ground. It has been a rough day, and everyone in your group knows it. Your group had just encountered a group of demons that had just demolished a nearby city. You had been set out to vanquish them.
“Is everyone okay?” Samantha asks.“I know a healing charm that might help.”
You speak up.“I think Alecio got hit by one of the demons hands. It looked like it hurt pretty hard.”
all of a sudden you hear loud screams coming from somewhere nearby. Regroff picks up his bow and nocks it before anyone can blink.
“Regroff, you and Samantha team up and stay here. Me and Alecio will search the woods.”You say.

every now and then I will say R and S (Regroff and Samantha) or Y and A( you and Alecio). This is for switching groups…The are also taking place at the same time…THIS IS NOT PART OF THE STORY IT IS CONTINUED BELOW!!!

(Y and A) You walk caustiously through the woods. suddenley you hear the same noise as before and you turn around. it is a demon.
“Not again”said Alecio.“Didn’t they do enough damage to that village and us…If Samantha hadn’t teleported us out of there, we would of been toast.” Alecio is right. They would of killed your group. They were to strong for you.
You both run aaway in hopes that the demon won’t find you.
“Split up” You yell to Alecio.

(R and S) Regroff still has his bow drawn.
“What do you think it is Regroff” Samantha asks.
“I don’t really know, Samantha-I mean Sam. All I know is that I don’t want to meet up with it.”
Samantha quietly laughs, even though it is not funny. Through there travels, Samantha has started to like Regroff more and more.
“Regroff, can I tell you something?
“Sure. what is it.”
“Well, Through our journeys…”
“yeah what about them?” Asks Regroff.
“Well-I’ve kinda started to-You know-I just kinda-idont know rally how to put this, but-”
all of a sudden a giant roar forces them both to turn around.
“Holy crap…It’s the same demons that defeated us from that town.”
The two heroes attack the demons and both fall brilliantly. The demons take them to a cave and throw them in. they wake up hours later to see that both of their allys had been thrown in too.

I made Samantha like Regroff ssince BC said that she could possibly have a love story since she liked to be sexy…
Any way leave me a whisper if you htink that that is ok.

Flag Post

Mmm.. I`m not so sure about that.. I want to have a MSN group convo later though, to speed things slightly up.

Flag Post

sorry i don’t have an msn

Flag Post

Bah. Oh well… the forums work just enough, and else, if it really gets that bad, we could find a chatroom in one of those multiplayer “chatting games” if we needed to quickly chat about stuff. Yaaaawn… I’m sleepy.

I should try making a bit of the game as a demo.

Flag Post

That would be pretty good…sorry about that story line post, it was pretty bad now that i look at it…

Flag Post

heres some possible types of demons we could use

Hell bovine(BC made this one)
demon shredder(The one I used in my story)
fear reaper(it could be a boss…also one from BC)
demon goat
possesed fruit(come in different levels to train on)
Spawn of Diablo(possible sidequest?)
Refrigarator(as a pun…you could have random events every now and then and sometimes it gives you gold sometimes it gives you things from the future to fight.)
Greater demon(just a normal demon but with higher stats and stuff)
Demon
Lesser Demon(just like a normal demon but with lower stats and stuff
Undead demon(weird i no but possible side quest.)
invisible demon(another sidequest?)
tractor(see above)
possesed Human(sidequest?)
Diablo
Tell me if their okay…you could also cange the sidequest thing into normal quests if you wanted to

Flag Post

IT’S ME! I’m back… yeah. Woo. cough

Actually, the Hell Bovine was one of the demons in the ‘secret cow level’ in TRoD. I did ‘sort of’ create the Fear Reaper, although I didn’t name it… hmm, that’s actually a really good name for it, now I come to think of it! But it could be Fear Demon rather than Fear Reaper. However, if I do go for Fear Reaper, Pimgd could possibly make you fight it occasionally, when you die.
When I say this, what I mean is that there will still be a chance that you will not be killed, but then if you are killed, there is another chance (similar to the first one of just surviving, possibly slightly smaller or larger) that you will face the Fear Reaper rather than just dieing. There could be a screen of writing before it, something like:
‘You wake up suddenly, in a plane which looks similar to the one you just left, but warped and distorted in comparison. (Your teammates are just waking up as well. (only if you have teammates with you)) You look around and wonder, ’Where am I? (are we?)’. You start to say something, but before you can, a character similar to the one who just killed you appears before you. You shout at it, ‘Give back my(our) soul(s)!’ But it just laughs at you and says in a deep voice, ‘Fool. I do not decide who’s souls belong to whom. Only Death can do that.’
You say, ‘Well, tell him to give it(them) back then!’
‘No.’
‘DO IT!’
‘The reason I refused your offer is because he has an offer for you.’ You hesitate, then say, ‘Go on.’
‘He says, “If you can defeat me, I will return your soul(s) to the living realm.”’
‘Well, let me at him, then! I could defeat him easily!’ However, the thing smiles, and says, ‘Were you not listening, mortal? I will rephrase his message: “If you can defeat me, he will return your soul(s) to the living realm.”’
You are stunned. ‘Wha- what are you trying to say?’, to which he replies, ‘You are in for one tough fight, mortal(s).’
He then rips off his cloak to reveal a red, scaly body, massive, scythe-like claws and gouged out eyes.
Suddenly, your mind is assailed by horrific images of your fears – demons, fire, and other unthinkable things.
Suddenly, you realise that these things are around you, and hurting you a lot. (If a teammate is there —>) You also see your teammates fears around them, and materialising beside the death-thing as well, into horrific monsters that could easily kill you and your teammate(s, if more than one is there)… again.’
That was a long bit of text, wasn’t it!? Anyways, you would start the battle with full health, mp, etc.. Whilst fighting it, the Fear Reaper would use all types of attacks in equal amounts, and would have similar stats to you, plus however many points it would be, twenty, something like that, and you would take damage every turn (again related to your stats level in some way, so maybe half or quarter of your total stats), as would your other teammates, if they were there. If your other teammates were there, there would be other monsters there as well, which would focus on the teammates area of focus (so if, say, Samantha was there, there would be an Orange Bloodfish, which is a large fish made of orange blood, but there is a smaller fish inside it, which is dead and rotting, and it would focus on magic attacks. If Alecio was there, there would be a demon bull thing with massive jaws or something, which would have high strength. If Regroff was there, there would be a giant snake, which would focus on ranged attacks by spitting poison or something.). Finally, if you were defeated, you would see some text like this or something:
‘You have been defeated by the Fear Reaper. You look up, and see it walk up to you. It says, ’You have failed to defeat me, and as such, you shall forever be assailed by your worst nightmares with no way of defending yourself.’ Suddenly, your armour and weapon(s) disappear (,as do your teammate(s),) and massive amounts of demons, fire and other unspeakable things appear around you. Everything starts moving towards you, and you brace yourself for infinite amounts of pain.’
Basically, if you die in this battle, you’re dead (with no chance of surviving, like if you die normally), and have to reload your game exactly as if you had died normally.
If, however, you do manage to defeat the Fear Reaper, the other monsters are automatically defeated, if they haven’t been already. Then there would be text like this, maybe:
‘The Fear Reaper lays before you, defeated. You wonder what will happen next, when suddenly you lose conciousness. You wake up in the place that you were killed at. The monster you were fighting before you died name here is looking at you (and your teammates), to see if you will move again. You swipe at it and it gets ready to attack you again. You get ready as well, but then you start floating in the air. (Your teammate(s) is(are) floating as well, and has(ve) a blue aura round him/herself(themselves).) You land on your feet, feeling revitalised and reenergised.’

Afterwards, you will return to the battle you were just fighting, but with full health, mp and whatever archers have as a point, if they have one. Your teammates will do as well.

Wow, that was one massive post! Writing all of that has made me want to call it the Fear Reaper just so Pimgd would do all of that stuff in the game! So I shall. Hope you include it, Pimgd!

P.S. Roughly how far into development of TextRPG: The Turning Point are you in a percentage?

Flag Post

I am at 0% percent development. It sounds really bad. I know. I want to gather everyone I need now, so that I can do it all in one chunk of time (although I will work on it before that, just think of the summer vacations as “This is where the real thing starts”.)

… And if I don’t get too much homework, I’ll work on it too. But I need to currently shape the game world. Previously, I just smacked some things together, and tada, there you have your game.

Flag Post

Alright, I`m making a combat demo now. This might take some time…

Progress on demo: 100%

Preloader and Main menu: 100%
Stats: 100%
Inn: 100%
Leveling: 100%
Areas: 100%
Combat: 100%

IT’S FINISHED!

Flag Post

1. Hmm, I was expecting an answer like that. Oh, well, can’t be helped.
2. A COMBAT DEMO?!? W00T!
3. I don’t like tea… wait, what does that have to do with anything? Oh well…
4. Some MORE really long side-story stuff! Ha ha ha… seriously though, another list of monsters you could use:
Insert generic animal name here Demon
Fear Reaper (lawlz :P)
Mage of Demonic Fire/Water/Earth/Wind/Light/Shadow
Mage of the Demonic Spirit
Mage of the Demonic Mind

All the above mages could be fought in a row in the order wind, water, earth, fire, light, shadow, spirit, mind. Maybe.

Flag Post

Don’t get your hopes up on the combat demo. It’s basicly going to be a really, really, really sketched way of showing the combat system.

Also… FANCY BUTTONZ.

Ugh, having some sliiiight trouble with the actual combat. >_<.

More than just Slight trouble. I’m having trouble with all the loops and programming knots in my head. Oh hell yeah… those good days. Those good days. I’m going to bed.

- Check the Replaced Button in TextRPG: The Rise of Diablo (The continue button on the welcome screen, with the fire above it), That is the new style of these things.

Flag Post

lol I gotta take the stupid TAKS test tomorrow, then I have a track meet, THEN I have band practice. probably won’t be on for awhile tommorow. Heres another idea. instead of fighting the fear reaper, you have to fight Diablo(see above.) the text could be something like:

You wake up in the place you were before except that it is darker. You hear demonic laughter in the background. You turn around. It is Diablo…the same monster a noble hero defeated long ago. You and your group have heard bad things about Diablo.
“If you can defeat me as a group, I will let you have another chance to see the light of day agin.” diablo says.

Diablo could be maybe about 15 levels higher than whatever you are, but you get to use all members of your group. Example. If you were weakening, you could switch to Alecio. Over time you would heal, and Alecio would attack Diablo. It is exactly the same as a normal battle, except that you get to choose who gets to be in a battle at certain times. So if Samanthat puts a spell on Diablo, that lowers his ranged defense, you could choose to put in Regroff for a few turns.

If thats not a good idea to you, you don’t have to use it.

Flag Post

Ooh, looks like I didn’t tell you how combat will go yet…

It’s 4 vs 4! No more silly “You chop up the demon whilst the next one is waiting for his turn.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pimgd:

Ooh, looks like I didn’t tell you how combat will go yet…

It’s 4 vs 4! No more silly “You chop up the demon whilst the next one is waiting for his turn.”

I thought as much! Also, I think the new button is great! Maybe… haven’t actually checked it yet… hmm.

EDIT:
Me: …It’s the same as before, but with an outline…
Pimgd: So whadda ya think of it?
Me: …iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeLOVEIT!

Flag Post

>_< It means more to me though. I learned to use movieclips as buttons, saving me a lot of trouble, and allowing for more fancy buttons (such as pop-up menus.)

Combat is working for all the parts that are not combat (You can’t attack, but all the other buttons work, and so does the turn-system)

Flag Post

Weird. The only part of the fighting that doesn’t work is the actual fighting. O_o;
Actually, I have noticed that not many people have actually volunteered to do anything since that guy who created Regroff. Come on, people, you must want to do SOMETHING to help out!

Flag Post

The actual fighting works now… too.

Except… Only the players can fight yet… so, I guess I’m going to do something horrible…
I’m gonna let the enemies fight back =O

Flag Post

gosh dang…I got back from my track meet tonight at 11 30 pm…I’m ehuasted so Im just not going to say anything tonight so bye fore now

Flag Post

Aww, no! :o
Now we can actually be KILLED in this combat demo! Also, noone else has volunteered to do something yet! There are still three open slots for artists/lead artist still available to be filled with your talent!