Buy 100 SFX for $35

4 posts

Flag Post

I’m selling 100 sound effects for $35, many of which are viewable here http://audiojungle.net/user/Polusono/portfolio?ref=Polusono from which you can see this is a good deal. The sound effects are largely sci fi oriented with more cartoonish and friendly game sounds as well as a few metallic sounds.

The payment would be made to my account via paypal after emailing me (carbonicdesign@gmail.com) with the details of the name of your paypal username/account (so that I know it’s you) and any questions you have, after which (likely within 24 hours) I will send you two emails containing the sound effects. The total approximate file size of the sound effects is 30.5 Megabytes. The sound files are all .WAV files with a sample rate of 44.1kHz with a bit depth of 16.

My availability is usually weekday mornings and after 5:30pm excluding Wednesday and Friday, mornings and nights on weekends I’m usually available though more so in the morning, Central Standard time (United States).

Below is a copy of the text in the readme (which are not counted as part of the 100 sound effects)

Thank you for purchasing the 100 SFX Pack!

Here are the agreements for the terms of use of the items contained in the pack:

(The term “items” or “item” in this readme refers to the products within the 100 SFX pack otherwise noted as “First Half” and “Second Half”)

You may use these items for your commercial or non-commercial projects/poducts royaly free with no attribution necessary with the exceptions that:

-You will not distribute, sell or give products that allow others direct access so the item files, the same applies to recordings or duplicates of the sounds the items generate (without my consent).

-Any violation of these terms without my consent nullifies the agreement that you may use the items.

Some examples of violations would be selling the items themselves or sound packs containing these items, providing direct downloads of the sound effects or recordings of the sound effects, emailing the items or copies and recordings of them or sound libraries for products such as audio software VSTs and Plugins.

You may use these items for your games that follow the agreement and distribute the games, anyone involved in the group of making the game is free to use the items for said game.

The usage of these items is not limited to a single game or product as long as you do not violate the terms of agreement.

If you have any questions you can email me carbonicdesign@gmail.com and thank you again for purchasing the 100 SFX pack.

Flag Post

So basically you’re selling a license to use the sounds, not the sounds themselves. Maybe I overlooked this detail but I didn’t see it: is it an exclusive license or are you going to sell $35 licenses to your sound pack as many times as you can find buyers?

Also, you make no mention of whether it is OK to modify the sounds, nor use them in combination with other sounds (that you may not own) in order to make new sounds, and who owns the rights to the results.

Edit: \/ Thanks for clarifying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

So basically you’re selling a license to use the sounds, not the sounds themselves. Maybe I overlooked this detail but I didn’t see it: is it an exclusive license or are you going to sell $35 licenses to your sound pack as many times as you can find buyers?

Also, you make no mention of whether it is OK to modify the sounds, nor use them in combination with other sounds (that you may not own) in order to make new sounds, and who owns the rights to the results.

You can use the sounds for whatever project you want. You can modify the sounds however you want and use them in your project since that could easily be a part of whatever you’re using them for, but you cannot sell those modified sounds themselves. The license is more closely related to an extended license but is not completely the same, it’s pretty closely related to what most libraries have already, so to answer your question what is being sold is the license to use sounds, otherwise if I sell them, some person buys them for $35 and in the same section sells them for $30.

You can use the sound library of something like kontakt or FL studios in your own songs and sell those songs, but you can’t sell the SFX themselves or claim the SFX as your own nor can you modify SFX from their library and claim those modifications as your own, it’s similar to this http://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php?ans=41&id=36
But you can still modify a sound from a library, use it in a song and sell the song. The same is true of this sound pack but also for games.

Flag Post

sale is ending in 24 hours