Writer looking for work

12 posts

Flag Post

I am a script/plot writer, seeking a project to work on.

If you’re interested, contact me. I’ll look at your project, and three days later I’ll contact you again with basic ideas.

If you’re interested, I can do more in-depth work.

Flag Post

send me a copy of your work some-word@hotmail.com

Flag Post

That’s not how it works, swish27.

I get info on your project first…and as far as I can tell, you’ve never uploaded a single game on Kongregate, making me even less willing to send you “a copy of my work”.

Flag Post

I think what he means is he wants an example of your style to make sure you’re compatible with what he has in mind. He may not have uploaded any games yet but you haven’t either, much less do we have any idea at all of what you’re capable of, the door swings both ways.

Flag Post

Indeed – usually when an artist is looking for work he’ll post a portfolio of past stuff. It seems fair to send him a sample, but at the same time you are fully entitled (and would be foolish to not ask) to see some of Swish’s work before signing on.

Flag Post

Well, the thing is that I don’t really have much of a portfolio right now.

That’s actually part of the reason I’m looking for a partner; so I can get started with some jobs to serve as portfolio pieces.

What I DO have are several in-depth plot outlines that I’ve been saving for a rainy day; but I’m not exactly thrilled by the prospect of posting them on a public forum.

I would be glad to contact Swish27 through the chat client of his choice to discuss the matter further. Then, he can see my work, and I can see his.

Same goes for anyone else who wants my assistance.

Flag Post

Sounds reasonable. I agree – you certainly should post them in the public forum. However, he actually gave his email address in his post. ;-)

Anyway, best of luck to you. Lord knows games could use some better writers.

Flag Post

I happen to write a little, but flash games don’t usually need storylines… Or ever, actually.

Flag Post

Some do (Coil, for example), but in general no, Flash games aren’t known for stories. Then again, I’d argue that’s a limitation of the devs, not of the medium. There’s no reason that Flash can’t tell a good story. There are plenty of Flash movies that demonstrate that.

Flag Post

fancy pants world 2 could of had a better score if it had a real storyline than a rabbit stole his ice cream you see where i am going milskidasith?

Flag Post

Actually, I really think Fancy Pants is the sort of game that benefits from a simple and pointless storyline. I’m quite happy collecting squiggles and pwning spiders for an ice cream cone, but it just wouldn’t be the same if I had to do it in order to stop a kingdom from splitting into two eternally warring factions, or something along those lines.

I extend my services mainly (but not exclusively) to people who want to make slightly more serious games.

Flag Post

that would be……………….Awesome!

P.S. Ice cream get!