Falling Debris: A Successful Collab page 4

80 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by parallactic_acid:

yeah, well that’s cool, this game looks good, next game will just need something a little more addictive. Looking forward to it.

We are hoping. Its in the testing stage. If you want to try it out, whisper my profile.

Flag Post

@Porfalo
I’m glad you are inspired by our work.

@parallactic_acid
Thanks for your comments, we are about to release our latest game and we’ll always look forward to keep improving.

@BoredUltimatum
Finding motivation is really hard, basically it always comes down to this question: “Is this what i’m passionate about?” because if you really are then you can find ways to program games even if you don’t have the artistic skill, i recommend you see David Whatley’s talk at the GDC (Game Developers Conference) about how he went from zero to time magazine doing an indie game, even if it’s an iphone game you can still learn a lot about his process.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1012372/From-Zero-to-Time-Magazine

Flag Post
Originally posted by davidarcila:

@BoredUltimatum
Finding motivation is really hard, basically it always comes down to this question: “Is this what i’m passionate about?” because if you really are then you can find ways to program games even if you don’t have the artistic skill, i recommend you see David Whatley’s talk at the GDC (Game Developers Conference) about how he went from zero to time magazine doing an indie game, even if it’s an iphone game you can still learn a lot about his process.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1012372/From-Zero-to-Time-Magazine

Well, I was working on a little nothing flash game just to get something published for some experience. Now however, I feel a little motivated to actually work on a good sponsor-able game. I have an idea in the back of my head loosely based in part on an old Sega Genesis game.

Flag Post

awesome post Kreg, indeed we kept focus and order from the beginning and Kreg really went above and beyond what i asked for, every time he did changes to the game he sent me a log, it was a great experience to have worked with him and i hope we can work in the future in other projects.

Taking into consideration some things that Kraig said in his post, i would say that most of the time people looking for help in the collab forums fail because they really don’t have anything to show therefore anyone takes them seriously, even if you are an “idea guy” you could write a game design document.

Flag Post

80th post!