Looking for Graphic Artists or Programmers To Help With Pokemon Game Development. (Need 1 of each) page 2

56 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tr1b4l:

You are a little too entusiastic about this project, calm down and cold calculate everything ;)

We will give items/pokemon to gamers for donations and that money will only be used for development costs.

By doing this You will break the copyright law, such game can’t generate any income itself (this including item shops, memberships, payd content etc.), only advertisements are allowed (as long as they wont appear in game) and other methods that dont involve copyrighted item itself. No matter if cash earned this way will cover developement costs or they will be used to buy some plasma TV ;) Income is an income no matter how You ll spend it.

Have You sent e-mail to nintendo ?

BR

Then why hasn’t PDoD, PWO or Pokemonium been shut down for doing this?

PWO was making the biggest killing in profits when they had there giveaways for donations.

And Nintendo’s response to me was pretty much exactly what you had said. Don’t make a profit. They did mention that money being raised for developmental reasons as long as it can be proven it was used for that is okay.

Flag Post

A year ago this guy made a CoD Zombies game. I told him repeatedly that what he was doing was illegal, and he didn’t listen. Believe it or not, he almost got sued by Activision. Ask him about it.

Flag Post

Guys, We thank you all for the spirit in trying to inform anyone of the cons of joining this project
We’ve given him and anyone who is reading this thread the information, and have shown that we are against copyright infringement. shouldn’t that be enough?

If you want to discuss copyright law, he is only equipped with repetitive excuses such as “But other people did it and didn’t get caught.”

What I would take from this is how not to act when finding people to join a project.
such as showing lack of dedication and responsibility by claiming “It is near impossible to get ahold of them(Nintendo)”
Or lack of leadership, by hiding behind “other people” and not admitting the risks involved when they clearly exist.

Let’s consider this, if the OP had posted this, would the thread have went differently? :
“We’re making a Pokemon MMO, we must inform you that there are certain risks, But i believe i’ve acted accordingly
I’ve contacted nintendo and i do not have an official yes or no, This is likely due to their unofficial policy of turning a blind eye to this type of game (Citations and links), This shows that they encourage this, just not officially. However please be informed our game will be taken down if Nintendo ever request us to do so.”

I do believe this would be a better way, If any of you disagree i’d be interested to learn why. i do still there could be improvements as to how this could have been done.

Flag Post

The funniest thing is that these threads would have fared much better if the OP hadn’t gone out of his way to infringe on copyrights. I mean, how hard would it have been to make a Pokemon-like game instead? It’s not like that would be breaking new ground in the field of copyright skirting.

You want to make Super Mario Bros but don’t have the rights? Make The Great Giana Sisters instead. (OK, this one didn’t work out so well, but only because they rolled over and took it instead of fighting Nintendo’s threats)
Want Hobbits in your roleplaying game but Tolkien’s estate got them copyrighted? Just relabel them halflings and voila! you’re ironclad.

I mean come on, how hard could it have been to change the word ‘Pokemon’ to something equally idiotic and copy everything else? It even gives the participants the opportunity to showcase their creativity by creating new names for the No-kemon (™, don’t you go stealing that name now!). Great names, like ‘Carbonizard’, ‘Psygoose’, and my personal favorite ‘Noctowlatall’.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

The funniest thing is that these threads would have fared much better if the OP hadn’t gone out of his way to infringe on copyrights. I mean, how hard would it have been to make a Pokemon-like game instead? It’s not like that would be breaking new ground in the field of copyright skirting.

You want to make Super Mario Bros but don’t have the rights? Make The Great Giana Sisters instead. (OK, this one didn’t work out so well, but only because they rolled over and took it instead of fighting Nintendo’s threats)
Want Hobbits in your roleplaying game but Tolkien’s estate got them copyrighted? Just relabel them halflings and voila! you’re ironclad.

I mean come on, how hard could it have been to change the word ‘Pokemon’ to something equally idiotic and copy everything else? It even gives the participants the opportunity to showcase their creativity by creating new names for the No-kemon (™, don’t you go stealing that name now!). Great names, like ‘Carbonizard’, ‘Psygoose’, and my personal favorite ‘Noctowlatall’.

http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/fnames.cgi?d=1&f=%3Ci|s%3Ev%28mon|chu|zard|rtle%29

Let’s not forget the casual disrespect towards members of his development team and certain aspects of game development as a whole.

Probably not the best idea to insult people who design maps when you’re making an MMO

Flag Post

The reason I’m upset at our previous mappers is that one of them took our early information (forum topics, blueprints, some completed sprites, early interface ideas) and gave it to one of the current pokemon mmo’s (pdod).

We couldn’t trust our old mapping team then.

So, we banned them all and found new mappers and shrunk the team so that only trustworthy individuals are working on the project.

We currently now have 3 mappers who are committed. The complete staff is only 13 people total. We are very sketchy about who works on this project with us which is why we have adverts all over the place and receive emails daily about people wanting to help out.

We did discuss the idea of changing the names a long time ago. Once our game becomes a success we will make that change. We first need to get a steady base of players.

Our team has researched all angles of making profits. We are just going to play it safe first and make changes as time goes by so that we can profit.

Lastly, we just got picked up by a indie company. So, things are really excellent at the moment.

btw pokemmo is a rip off of a project. All they are doing is making the rom’s multiplayer and hosting it on a server. There project has zero creativity.

Flag Post

Which company?

Flag Post

Serenity Gaming

A private server gaming company out of Maryland

Flag Post

There are hundreds of thousands of kids around the globe who don’t have any prior experience and dream of making the next big AAA game.

Flag Post

We are actually considering the idea of making new pokemon. Ron (graduate graphic artist) has already made a tutorial for creating new pokemon sprites. It would allow us to play around with creating new creatures & consider the option of making a profit. We of course wouldn’t call the game pokemon then.

Flag Post

There seems to be a common misconception here about copyright. Many people seem to believe that as long as you don’t make money off of a project that uses materials under copyright, you are not breaking the law. This is false. These copyrights contain no such provision. It may turn out that a project that isn’t making money or seeing much use doesn’t become a big target for the copyright owners, but this in no way blocks their right to come after you – and seek financial damages.

You don’t have to make money for them to convince a court that they have LOST money because of your free game. If you want your game to be legal, don’t use copyrighted content of any kind for any purpose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by andersonalex:

There seems to be a common misconception here about copyright. Many people seem to believe that as long as you don’t make money off of a project that uses materials under copyright, you are not breaking the law. This is false. These copyrights contain no such provision. It may turn out that a project that isn’t making money or seeing much use doesn’t become a big target for the copyright owners, but this in no way blocks their right to come after you – and seek financial damages.

You don’t have to make money for them to convince a court that they have LOST money because of your free game. If you want your game to be legal, don’t use copyrighted content of any kind for any purpose.

I believe that is true. This is according to my rights as an artist. It doesn’t matter if you’re making money off my stuff or not. It’s protected unless stated otherwise.

Flag Post

Many people seem to believe that as long as you don’t make money off of a project that uses materials under copyright, you are not breaking the law

People can use Your work as part of their (i.e. wallpapers, non profit games etc) as long as copyrighted item is only part of their project (ofc Your permision will be advisable) BUT righteufull owner can shut a project, wallpaper or w/e he wants (if it uses copyrighted item ) to as its his right.

Some examples of what i’m talkin about:

You make a home video when Your kids play around, theres a radio on and some song is audible. Then You share this movie with Your friends or family and voila You break the law – You illegally distributed song (or part of it).

2 example:
You making the webpage and create banner using Your favorite game character covered by Your own logo. (webpage is about same game that character on banner is from) You have used copyrights protected item – You break the law

Flag Post

Let’s get this straight and done.

You use someone elses art/idea and it is copyrighted, and you don’t get permission. You are violating U.S., and probably international law. If you hold a trademark, or copyright on an item, you are FORCED to act upon it. Nintendo can’t say “Yes, you can do this” unless you’ve previously had permission from them. i.e. they see you already have it up and you didn’t get permission, you’ll get a cease and desist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

Let’s get this straight and done.

You use someone elses art/idea and it is copyrighted, and you don’t get permission. You are violating U.S., and probably international law. If you hold a trademark, or copyright on an item, you are FORCED to act upon it. Nintendo can’t say “Yes, you can do this” unless you’ve previously had permission from them. i.e. they see you already have it up and you didn’t get permission, you’ll get a cease and desist.

Copyrights aren’t like trademarks, you don’t have to defend them to keep them. You can own a copyright, know that someone is taking advantage of your IP, then wait until they start becoming annoying or something before you take actions.

It is in fact to the benefit of the copyright holder to bide their time so that they can better ‘prove’ how much it ‘damaged them’ in a court of law.

Flag Post

Obviously if were going to change the monsters. We are going to write a completely new storyline (out of space monsters (example)), create all new mapping tiles, change the battling format, how to catch the monsters etc.

The game will be completely different then any pokemon, digimon, yu gi oh whatever.

We already have a basic blueprint created and it is being programmed.

None of you think outside the box much do ya : P Just keep hammering away that none of us have thought threw any of this!!!!

Flag Post

What kind of artist you need ?

Flag Post

2D / 2.5 D Graphics For Now.

We are saving the 3D/Isometric for finishing our second project. The name of that mmorpg is Habarku and is a civilization game based on warriors types from past history.

Send me a Private message or email me at pkmnion@yahoo.com if interested.

Flag Post

No. You first

Originally posted by Pkmnion:

Obviously if were going to change the monsters. We are going to write a completely new storyline (out of space monsters (example)), create all new mapping tiles, change the battling format, how to catch the monsters etc.

The game will be completely different then any pokemon, digimon, yu gi oh whatever.

We already have a basic blueprint created and it is being programmed.

None of you think outside the box much do ya : P Just keep hammering away that none of us have thought threw any of this!!!!

No. You first had a ‘Pokemon’ RPG planned, and then you realized you had a bad idea saying that here, and you tried to save face and say it was completely different. NO WHERE in your post did you say it was not a Pokemon RPG. YOu called it “PKMNion.”

I suggest you get a 50+ Page GDD design document, some blueprints, and post them on here before asking for that amount of people. We have no idea if you are serious, or just the idea came to the top of your head.

Flag Post

This forum is just as worthless as RAGEZONE.

“I’ll just go ahead and post the source code, blueprints and everything on the forum so you can steal the ideas and formulate your own team and project.” People in this generation are lazy.

The pokemon game was unnamed. Don’t make stuff up. Creating a new account name is not something that is on my TO DO LIST at the current moment.

Besides, what help am I asking for: 2 Experienced People. We have old adverts posted on 20 forums. Kongregate & Ragezone are the most stuck up forums. “You Need To See Everything Before Helping”. Who in there right mind posts that information when the goal is to make profit?

I talk on average to 5 people a day from all the forums we have adverts. It isn’t necessarily that incredibly hard to find help. Just make a post and make everything sound interesting.

I’m just surprised the same 4 to 5 worthless people keep replying to this topic. Can’t you moderators find something else entertaining to do then just stare at a computer screen?

Someone can lock this topic. If these arrogant people can’t show any qualifications. There isn’t any reason to hang around and reply to inexperienced people.

Flag Post

Af anyone at this point is still considering what he is saying seriously:

And Nintendo’s response to me was pretty much exactly what you had said. Don’t make a profit.

Who in there right mind posts that information when the goal is to make profit?

That is all.

PS: So out of 20 forums, only 2 respect copyright and value originality? That’s Terrible.
Oh and thanks for leaving.

Flag Post

^ Wait, I was having fun poking at this guy without feeling guilty because of the way he presents himself.

Please don’t end my joy just yet.

Flag Post

Haha its been fun checking this the last few days. I love the way he kept changing the project and getting defensive when someone pointed out flaws in his plan. :P So much butthurt!

Flag Post

This is amazing. Let’s have some guy copy pokemon, not call it pokemon, and call it original. Great idea man, really gonna get far. Also, why such a big team? It’s POKEMON. It’s really not a complex game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by coderTrav:

This is amazing. Let’s have some guy copy pokemon, not call it pokemon, and call it original. Great idea man, really gonna get far. Also, why such a big team? It’s POKEMON. It’s really not a complex game.

…it’s not particularly complicated as far as mechanics go but for sure there would be a tediously large amount of things to do and that doesn’t include any random ‘custom’ monsters or whatever. Still, the team size he talks about makes him sound like a child making up numbers to sound impressive.