Forums Stencyl

Opinion of Stencyl Game

20 posts

Flag Post

Hello people, i am wondering what is your opinion on this easy stencyl game. Things to know before commenting: The game is not yet done, these are the basic mechanics… all that is left is to add more (harder) levels.
Here is the link: http://megaswf.com/serve/1130677

Flag Post

I don’t think this is good design at all.

Flag Post

?? Elaborate please?

Flag Post

Well, it’s essentially not very original (I’m sure you know why as well). However, since I still suck at Stencyl it is good that you can put that together. If you’re going to stick to that format/mechanics, you’re probably going to have to add your own taste/flavor to it to make it stand out from the various other games that are similar to this.

Flag Post

Yes, i am thinking of that already… for now this is all i am going to do, but i will try thinking of new ideas, to incorporate.

Flag Post

I totally disliked the concept, and the dragging was somewhat glitchy.

Flag Post

Yeah, it seemed more like work than a game to me.

Flag Post

Better look and feel and it maybe could be a 3 star game.

Flag Post

5/5 Needs badges!

Flag Post

Skaren, did you really like the game?

Flag Post

I’m just confused on what the objective is. :3

Flag Post

Get the block from 1 side to the other…

Flag Post

It’s glitchy to say the least…I hit the corner of a block and it just started spinning uncontrollably.

Flag Post

Don’t be discouraged, at least it isn’t a maze game, but it isn’t post ready that’s for sure.
It’s like my favorite kindergarden game, it was a traffic game that works similarly to this.

The point of a flash game is to take things like that which we are now bored of (because bright colors don’t cut it no more :P) and revamp it to make it fun again (e.g. 3D tic-tac-toe).

Give the game a theme, give it some fitting music, add a twist(like powerups, a scoring system, etcetera), Heck, maybe even add some storyline I don’t know, original == up to you && original == not stolen.

Oh, and, no glitches please, those are not good. Instructions are necessary, I mean, think about it, what great game have you played that has no instructions? Menus are wonderful, but I don’t know how that works with Stencyl (sorry I can’t help you there!).

Flag Post

Well, about the glitch of the block, i fixed that. I am adding something new… and this is just for show (for now) i am going to make a menu, and hopefully the game will be to your liking. Music however, i dislike, every game i play, i mute the music… i just dislike it, and that’s why that is 1 thing i am going to not add into my game.

Flag Post

Lol, it doesn’t have to be to my liking of course, I was just giving personal suggestions. I understand that it isn’t done yet :P.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gulzaibthegreat1:

Well, about the glitch of the block, i fixed that. I am adding something new… and this is just for show (for now) i am going to make a menu, and hopefully the game will be to your liking. Music however, i dislike, every game i play, i mute the music… i just dislike it, and that’s why that is 1 thing i am going to not add into my game.

That’s the wrong approach to developing games. That is YOUR opinion.
The majority of people do enjoy having music in a game if it’s good: leaving music out of your game just because you don’t like it isn’t a good idea…After all, you’re making a game for others to play. Not for you to play.

Flag Post

Yeah, if it doesn’t have music, that’s just bad. Music adds a lot to a game if it’s good.

Flag Post

You gotta improve the graphics buddy.

Flag Post

I am working on the graphics…
EDIT: I just played that… and it is nothing like what the game is now… wow! I must say, if that game could be a 2 star game, my new 1 should be a 3.2 star game. (and im not even done yet!)