Forums Stencyl

How to allow you to choose characters before playing a level

5 posts

Flag Post

I have a bunch of characters to play as for my game, Elemental Adventures: DOOMSDAY. But I dunno if/how you can allow the player to choose a character before playing the next level. Any help please if you know…? :)

Flag Post

At the choose character select screen, import the sprites as actors again so that they can be used as buttons then:

if(mouse is down on [choose actor])
create [choose actor type at x: 0 y: 0] – of course, you can choose the x and y coordinates. If you need more assistance, ask on the stencyl forums or feel free to PM me.

Flag Post

Thanks :D. I’m kinda new to Stencyl so I’m just asking about things I’m really stuck on!

Flag Post

If you ever need more support, feel free to ask here, on the stencyl forums, or PM me. Is it working for you now?

Flag Post

The Electrotank Multiplayer Kit has a behavior for this.

After logging into the server, you are presented with characters to chose. Unselected ones glow red and the selected one glows green. The player can switch between them back and forth before entering the world. Ideally you would also want to add more details (name, stats, advantages, etc.) with textboxes so the player knows what they are choosing besides appearance.