Forums Stencyl

Kongregate Logo

13 posts

Flag Post

How would I put the Kongregate logo in a stencyl game?

Flag Post

Unless you’ve somehow been sponsored, why would you even want to?

Flag Post

That’s not a helpful response, Danny.

To integrate it, download the logo as a file like a jpg or a png. Import it as an aactor, and then give that actor a behavior to link to here. You might have to expereiment with it a little, since I think there’s some special referrer URL. If you can find it, use that instead.

Flag Post

You can download their .swf and import it, that way you get the animated ant.

Flag Post

I was thinking about using the Actionscript part of stencyl.

Flag Post

Good luck with that.

Flag Post

Scratch off my last comment Downloading it as a .jpg or .png won’t make it be animated and downloading the .swf won’t help either because you can’t import it into my game (or im doing something wrong). Is there any other way???

Flag Post

Oh, you want the preloader! I did not understand that – I thought you just wanted the logo like at the bottom left of this page.

Go to the stencyl forums and PM Jon(the head Stencyl dude) about it. I believe he and the stencyl people are the only ones that can really do this.

Flag Post

I gave him a “shout out” he blocks all PMs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lSWATLLAMA:

Oh, you want the preloader! I did not understand that – I thought you just wanted the logo like at the bottom left of this page.

Go to the stencyl forums and PM Jon(the head Stencyl dude) about it. I believe he and the stencyl people are the only ones that can really do this.

Yeah I was talking about (http://www.kongregate.com/logos) scroll to the bottom.

Flag Post

Just to keep you guys updated. The stencyl people updated the stencylpedia to 2.0 and in pre-shipped behaviors under utilities there is a Video Player behavior.

Flag Post
Originally posted by monsterjamp:

there is a Video Player behavior.

Yes, that’s sort of what I was referring to. I use the old StencylWorks since Stencyl 2 isn’t complete yet for full games, but that will work in Stencyl 2.0 That should allow you to play a .swf file that’s imported into your project (since that’s essentially a ‘video’ file – do remember that Stencyl 2.0 is non-language specific and terms are used generically so they apply to Flash, HTML5, Android, IOS etc)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShivaFang:
Originally posted by monsterjamp:

there is a Video Player behavior.

Yes, that’s sort of what I was referring to. I use the old StencylWorks since Stencyl 2 isn’t complete yet for full games, but that will work in Stencyl 2.0 That should allow you to play a .swf file that’s imported into your project (since that’s essentially a ‘video’ file – do remember that Stencyl 2.0 is non-language specific and terms are used generically so they apply to Flash, HTML5, Android, IOS etc)

It has already been made. You can only put .FLVs in it. Also Stencyl 2.0 is the same as Stencyl 1.0 with more features and a little bit of a different interface. You can use Stencyl 2.0 to make full games.