Forums Stencyl

Clickable text

6 posts

Flag Post

I have a quick question about stencyl. Is there any way to make text clickable?(ie. a button) Is the only way to draw the text in paint, import it as a movie clip, and then give that a click function? Thanks.

Flag Post

What you do is create the button itself in Photoshop or whatever you use and type out the text you need. Then create an actor and import your button, add a behaviour and voila!

If you just want the text as a button, just create the text on a transparent PNG file and use the exact same steps as above.

I have no idea what you want your button to do so I have no more advice but there should be plenty of behaviours in forge to get you started or make your own. Hope this helped!

Flag Post
Originally posted by L_Deathnote:

What you do is create the button itself in Photoshop or whatever you use and type out the text you need. Then create an actor and import your button, add a behaviour and voila!

If you just want the text as a button, just create the text on a transparent PNG file and use the exact same steps as above.

I have no idea what you want your button to do so I have no more advice but there should be plenty of behaviours in forge to get you started or make your own. Hope this helped!

Thank you. I hoped their was an easier way than that though. Oh well I can do that.

Flag Post

You can always just create your actor and create a frame in Pencyl to save time. Might save some time.

If you ever have Stencyl-related questions, you should ask them on their site because thia forum has little to no traffic.

Good luck with your game!

Flag Post

I was wondering that too… L_deathnote has the right anwser… but im sure theres an easier way…

Flag Post

Search for Text in the stencyl store.