Base Creation Help - Check First Page For Screenshot Instructions And Please Zoom Out When Taking Screenies! page 244

7556 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by bazzisbazz:

@sellion 4/10
adt’s aren’t cataproof, bunkers to baitable, no eye-ra bait, protecting the champion cage is a waste of blocks, no real THDT, SDT’s won’t work for 1.0 monsters like ichi, octo, bolts, monsters that lvl 29 use. so make the pathing 1.5 and not 2.0, it’s a waste of traps, no Nec/ necorg, no antifling, yard is a not really centered, there is like nothing in the north-west. useless kind of micro walls that won’t work.

Yes, thank you for regurgitating what I said. You do raise a few good points though. But how exactly will a 2.0 space SDT not work with 1.0 monsters? You are aware that booby traps have a 1.5 block trigger range?
To add,you should get the champ chamber quickly. Fomor isn’t really that good for farming WMTs.

Flag Post

Thanks for those comments.

1. I said disregard the 1.5 pathing, I’m already working at it.
2. Fomor, I got confused with it. They said Fomor is the best and noobish me for not getting champion chamber next for gorgo.
3. Regarding the Bunker, yeah I just realized it’s stupid to put it there. I haven’t thought of baiting the bunkers and stuff. Well, what do you know, everyday you learn a lesson.
4. ADTs, I thought it won’t be catapulted cause it’s close to the silos, should I remove the blocks there and put my ADT super close to it?
5. SDTs, pathing, refer to #1.
6. About what woohoo said, “the pathing on the TH might not work with only stone blocks.” I can’t understand, sorry.
7. Eyera bait, yeah I’ll fix that, forgot to put some.
8. Blocks around the Champ Cage, I’m out of blocks. o.O It’s not finished yet, the whole design. I need to be lvl 6 or 7 first to finish it all.
9.Champion Chamber, yeah I just build one.(Luckily, I remembered.)
10. Booby traps 1.5 range, Nope. No I do not. o.O Thanks for that.

Thanks for those comments, I learned alot.

Flag Post

Any Comments?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pablowa:

Any Comments?

In the housing 28 Balthasars are waiting for an attacker ;-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:

@sellion 4/10
adt’s aren’t cataproof, bunkers to baitable, no eye-ra bait, protecting the champion cage is a waste of blocks, no real THDT, SDT’s won’t work for 1.0 monsters like ichi, octo, bolts, monsters that lvl 29 use. so make the pathing 1.5 and not 2.0, it’s a waste of traps, no Nec/ necorg, no antifling, yard is a not really centered, there is like nothing in the north-west. useless kind of micro walls that won’t work.

Yes, thank you for regurgitating what I said. You do raise a few good points though. But how exactly will a 2.0 space SDT not work with 1.0 monsters? You are aware that booby traps have a 1.5 block trigger range?
To add,you should get the champ chamber quickly. Fomor isn’t really that good for farming WMTs.

no didn’t knew that, well 2.0 will work then.

@sellion

2. fomor is the best at the end, in the begin is gorgo the best. if you upgrade your fomor really fast to lvl 3 or 4 it won’t give a problem.
3 no not close, but diagonal inbetween them, read some guides about making your adt’s cataproof
5. stone blocks path for 8 (or 16). if you place 8 stone blocks next to each other monsters will path, 9 blocks and monsters will chew. for more about blocks and pathing read a guide on the forum like this one:
http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/33358-Build-Better-Bases-Start-with-good-Guides?s=f2ef756350f9fe59e4efc8c33a6d44c2
8. you don’t need blocks around your champion cage it can’t be destroyed,by monsters just by splash damage, so putting blocks around it isn’t usefull

Flag Post
Originally posted by askd:

I wonder where you got that yard design from……. me?

Flag Post

well cataprone adts anyway lol.

Flag Post

dude,you REALLY need to protect your town hall,never mind your harvesters because when someone attacks your town hall and silos you don’t have any resources left,place your town hall at the center and your silos at its sides then surround them with sniper towers and cannons,again,never mind your harvesters they’re also important but when monsters attack you you never lose resources,if this not a comment how to delete it this is my first time here so don’t laugh if this is in the place

Flag Post

@sellion 4/10

no didn’t knew that, well 2.0 will work then.

@sellion

2. fomor is the best at the end, in the begin is gorgo the best. if you upgrade your fomor really fast to lvl 3 or 4 it won’t give a problem.
3 no not close, but diagonal inbetween them, read some guides about making your adt’s cataproof
5. stone blocks path for 8 (or 16). if you place 8 stone blocks next to each other monsters will path, 9 blocks and monsters will chew. for more about blocks and pathing read a guide on the forum like this one:
http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/33358-Build-Better-Bases-Start-with-good-Guides?s=f2ef756350f9fe59e4efc8c33a6d44c2
8. you don’t need blocks around your champion cage it can’t be destroyed,by monsters just by splash damage, so putting blocks around it isn’t usefull

Actually, I already got brains 1 more feed left for my fomor to have wings. Actually, I already know that gorgo is the best for starters and fomor is the best overall. I thought I could get brains before getting my fomor to stage 2, but I was wrong. So it got delayed and my younger brother’s gorgo got his champ to stage 3 already while my fomor needs 4 feeds left even though I got the champ cage before him. Also, I thought the champs’ feeding time is moving even though it is frozen. Now my chamber is acting useless there.

Thank you for the link there. I really appreciate it. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cheezrulz:
Originally posted by mae280:

If someone sent in a nuke, you’d blow up.

Gee, that was sure helpful.

Yes it was. Now if Kixeye ever adds nukes to the catapult, I’ll know who to attack first.

But if it’s advice you want, it’s advice you’ll get.
Your base is basically a box with openings in it. You might think that that’s effective, but an enemy champ (possibly with zafreeti) will stroll across your traps without much damage. Your goal should be to make attacks as annoying and difficult as possible.
First of all, you need an SDT. This is a section of the base SEPARATE from everything else that contains the TH, silos, and booby-trapped openings. Obviously, it should be the core of your base.
Then, you need to place that bunker somewhere it’s not baitable. (baitable means I can lure out monsters with an octo ooze and explode them all with eyera)
After that, build ADTs and lasers. Protect ADTs heavily and use lasers to guard silos.

I’m building some lasers right now, but the block and trap limits are becoming an obstacle.

So far my strategy has worked fine against the noobs who fling a level 3 Drull in and think that it will annihilate my base. However, Gorgos could be pretty bad, as they have high health and will get across those booby traps with little or no trouble.

I am level 28 though, so I guess my luck won’t last long if I want to get high-leveled, which I do. I only can build 200 blocks, but soon I’ll try redesigning my base.

Thanks for your help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by anjoale2000:

dude,you REALLY need to protect your town hall,never mind your harvesters because when someone attacks your town hall and silos you don’t have any resources left,place your town hall at the center and your silos at its sides then surround them with sniper towers and cannons,again,never mind your harvesters they’re also important but when monsters attack you you never lose resources,if this not a comment how to delete it this is my first time here so don’t laugh if this is in the place

people will just attack me when my harvesters are full

Flag Post
Originally posted by askd:
Originally posted by anjoale2000:

people will just attack me when my harvesters are full

Honestly, it doesn’t matter how full the harvesters are. Silos+TH still give more resources even with all lvl 10 harvesters. And ignore the guy that said your TH isn’t protected. I think 2 bunkers,1 ADT, 4 snipers, and your champ is enough protection.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Is it possible to create a perfect yard? Railgun Towers are nearly impossible to destroy, and Bunkers are practically unbaitable — monsters will not be lured easily.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KG_TERMINATOR_:

Is it possible to create a perfect yard? Railgun Towers are nearly impossible to destroy, and Bunkers are practically unbaitable — monsters will not be lured easily.

Don’t just copy fb bases >_>

Flag Post
Originally posted by KG_TERMINATOR_:

No. No matter how perfect the design, every yard will fall to a “brute force” attack like 25 DAVEs+5 zafreeti.
And yes, that yard is already used by a facebook player.

Flag Post

+ cataprone and a fairly baitable champ……

Flag Post

Flag Post

give kg credit he didnt take credit just showing the base did he say anything about it being his no e just thought the base was cool

Flag Post

My base
top left bunker lvl2
bottem right bunker lvl3
Champ lvl 3
Rate me 1-10 and give advice
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2qk4gpk.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2i0ybm9.jpg[/IMG]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Incanedo:

My base
top left bunker lvl2
bottem right bunker lvl3
Champ lvl 3

Rated -5 out of 10. Reason: It’s a box base. Boxes are prone to a PPX attack(10M putty+project x) even if putty rage no longer confers invincibility. Basically you have zero useful pathing and you use walls as shields instead of using them to create,say,an SDT. Champ and bunkers are easily baitable, which means I can use eyeras to blow up your bunker monsters. To conclude, read a few guides before you become a target.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Incanedo:

My base
top left bunker lvl2
bottem right bunker lvl3
Champ lvl 3

Rated -5 out of 10. Reason: It’s a box base. Boxes are prone to a PPX attack(10M putty+project x) even if putty rage no longer confers invincibility. Basically you have zero useful pathing and you use walls as shields instead of using them to create,say,an SDT. Champ and bunkers are easily baitable, which means I can use eyeras to blow up your bunker monsters. To conclude, read a few guides before you become a target.

ty for the help got any links to makeing path bases?

Flag Post

Can someone help me rate my base thanks

Flag Post

No, just no/10

Flag Post
Originally posted by buttcheekbilly:

No, just no/10

I agree.