Base Creation Help - Check First Page For Screenshot Instructions And Please Zoom Out When Taking Screenies! page 291

7556 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:
Originally posted by Gogo1267896:

Bump. It’s been more than 3 days.

Huh. I must have forgotten then.

Originally posted by awesome22220:

Frozen Cannon 2.2
Please give advice because I recently got the base expansions and created a new case

The very first thing I noticed was the clustering of heavy traps in the THDT. Don’t do that. You want heavy traps to kill DAVEs and Zafs before they go that far into your base.
Monsters may chew the wall between the ADT and sniper. You should double-layer it just in case.
TH is prone to teratorns; ADTs too far away. If you say anything about Fomor defending, I’ll tell you that 1 R-DAVE>6.3 Fomor.
If you’re planning on buying another flag, make in a non-North American country to camouflage the timezone you live in.
I got nothing else. Anyone?

Everything is good advice, except the cluster of Heavies. That’s actually a good idea, because if the DAVEs have Fomor support, it takes several Heavies to take them out. If they are clustered like that, it’s possible they will die before taking down the TH.

MBs are baitable, too.

Flag Post

All the base needs to be good is to have a stronger center to protect the TH.

Flag Post

Frozen Cannon 2.2
Please give advice because I recently got the base expansions and created a new case

Why does it look familiar to me…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dvdwen:

Frozen Cannon 2.2

Why does it look familiar to me?

Because it’s very similar to a base in the base design index, called the seamless base cannon or something similar.
EDIT: I have found the thread that I think awesome22220 has based his yard on.
EDITEDIT: I’m having problems with the link, will fix tomorrow when I’m on my pc not my phone as I’m off for the night.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fugmo0fuganduc:

All the base needs to be good is to have a stronger center to protect the TH.

Thank You and yes it is true i based my design of that but I have changed it from fugmo0fuganduc advice Here is the edited one

Flag Post

Kinda cramped but will this do? http://i.imgur.com/MRhNv.jpg

Flag Post

This is my new base (version 3). Hope someone comment about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by giggitygooz:

Kinda cramped but will this do? http://i.imgur.com/MRhNv.jpg

Unless you’re ok with me giving it a 3/10, I don’t think so. So many players stop after the SDT and think “Hooray, there’s pathing now.” The only problem is that after all towers are down, teratorns can completely evade SDTs. Therefore, you need to create pathing between towers to make attacks more frustrating. For the most important towers, a TDT (Tower Death Trap) is recommended.

You should also know that your priorities are mixed up. Snipers, cannons, RGs, and useless buildings (Ex. Monster Juicer, flinger, map room, etc..) are best used as shields for the stronger towers (ADTs, Teslas, and Railguns). After all, they have 90-165K health for a reason. You can refer to this for help on tower placement.

Also, the north and south bunkers are baitable, and I don’t recommend grouping three snipers or three cannons together.

Flag Post

@Worst_master

First off, I’m not sure the pathing you do have will work. Try upgrading some blocks first, stone only paths. . .what was it? Was it 6 spaces?

Flag Post

Things I know: I need more towers on the Fomor side, and I am eventually gonna build some anti-airs, and put one between the middle silo and far right silo, and the other next to the fomor cage (when I get the 6th silo I’ll end up having to move his cage anyway).

Flag Post
Originally posted by terra_branford:

Things I know: I need more towers on the Fomor side, and I am eventually gonna build some anti-airs, and put one between the middle silo and far right silo, and the other next to the fomor cage (when I get the 6th silo I’ll end up having to move his cage anyway).

Err, I don’t like that BDB by the town hall. . .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gogo1267896:

image here

Err, I don’t like that BDB by the town hall . . .<—Me neither- tower monsters will have an easy time knocking down defenses since they’re so bunched up

Also, the silos are way too prone to eye-ras, so put blocks in front of the outer facing silo walls to distract eye-ras.
I don’t recommend grouping the same harvesters together, because it causes shortages after an incomplete attack.
Finally, you only have one worker, which hinders your development by A LOT. Seriously, how will you compete with those who have 2+ workers? What, pray tell, did you spend all of your shiny on?

Flag Post

OMG!!! Why you didn’t followed the tutorial? It’ll take forever for you to upgrade stuff unless you get a second worker. How comes you’re level 33 and have only one worker. “.”

The worst thing I done when I was a noob is that I wasted shiny randomly on walls and speeding the construction time of some random building.

The Base

Your towers and mines placement is weird. Harvesters aren’t mixed. Four snipers are sacrificed instead of cannons (mortars). Your Chain of harvesters isn’t complete meaning that towers will be attacked after a wall of harvesters (buildings can’t block monsters except blocks) is destroyed. I would switch lasers with teslas. Random buildings are too far from your base.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fugmo0fuganduc:

OMG!!! Why you didn’t followed the tutorial? It’ll take forever for you to upgrade stuff unless you get a second worker. How comes you’re level 33 and have only one worker. “.”

The worst thing I done when I was a noob is that I wasted shiny randomly on walls and speeding the construction time of some random building.

The Base

Your towers and mines placement is weird. Harvesters aren’t mixed. Four snipers are sacrificed instead of cannons (mortars). Your Chain of harvesters isn’t complete meaning that towers will be attacked after a wall of harvesters (buildings can’t block monsters except blocks) is destroyed. I would switch lasers with teslas. Random buildings are too far from your base.

Basically a glitch screwed me over, and I lost ~950 of the starting shiny. Also, the reason for the harvester organization is for me, cause I forget which ones I’ve upgraded. Thanks for the other stuff though!

Flag Post

http://i.imgur.com/VgBlA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s2G3L.png

How does this look? Dont mind the tesla outside my wall im gonna move it once it is done building and gonna switch the laser for the tesla on the right.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PHHM:

How does this look? Dont mind the tesla outside my wall im gonna move it once it is done building and gonna switch the laser for the tesla on the right.

Layered box yard. -1/10. Critique finished. Read this and come back with something decent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PHHM:

First of all, nice ADT placement. However, your silo’s still need pathing. This means, that when attackers break through your first two walls, they hit the jackpot. It is than an open field for them, to loot etc. Try to place some walls inbetween the silo’s. make the monsters suffer, traps etc :). This is called your core. Than, most bases, have their cc ( champion cage ) either close or in their core. Yours is in your nec. However, this is useless. First of all, it cannot be damaged, so it neglects the nec than. second of all, it makes your champion baitable. try to move the cage more inward, fe a formor than buffs the bunkered monsters. also, try to make your nec in such a way, that the attacking monsters still get damaged. if not, it than only is a time waster, but it would be optimal if it could be a timewaster while the attacking monsters suffer from damage. Also try to make your walls a bit shorter. due to their current level, monsters will not follow these current walls, and therefore chew inwards.

Flag Post

hey guys tell me what yall think of my base

Flag Post

hey why my post was taken off

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohanToGood:

You’re post still seems to be there…

The openings in your box are pointless, they are to small for monsters to fit, I’m also unsure of if the monsters will actually path into those gaps if you made them wider.
Also you’re a fb user, you guys don’t like us going into the kixeye forums, so a few kong users feel the same way about fb users coming here. It may be best not to post here often, I’m sure the guys over on the kixeye forums will be happy to help you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohanToGood:

What post are you referring too? I still see the one you posted above, but you can do a few things to improve your yard. Pull your NEC in so that more towers will cover it, try and pull that monster bunker closer to the th and fomor. I’m a fan of having champ cage’s in the center of my yard so you could switch your TH and cage, and pull your bunker into where your sniper is. Your walls will be smashed through because the gaps are only .5 space’ed and you have extra wasted blocks on the towers outside of your design. Here’s a better example on how you should do it.

Laser tower isn’t the best for it, It’s just an example. It’s called anti-zaf smiley face or AZSF. When monsters followed by a fomor/healer or other flying monsters they will go around the NEC, when ground monsters are out of range the tower (Usually Tesla, Snipers, sometimes Magmas) attack the flying monsters. It usually works best on the corners and that can free up some blocks to use around the TH if you end up going with the cage center yard.

Flag Post

Just wondering if this is a good base or not… before you guys say it, it is 1.0 pathing… I am working on that right now.

Flag Post

Besides of thinking cataprone & non cataprone, try to imagine the following: I am attacking you. because you fortfied your TH to the max, I am not counting that in as a silo. So it means that with some luck, I might be able to take down both ADT’s with only 1 silo. These situations are called trade-offs. They often happen at higher level wars. Try to push these further in between your silo’s. Also, the rest of your base is way too clustered. take out one ADT, two Railguns, two tesla’s, a monsterbunker and two quakes at the very least ( depends on the effects of the glitchy catapult). After that, send in two eye-ra’s from the bottom, and your pathing is fully open/exposed.

I see you have 4 workers :S. You should have gone for 3 workers, and all expansions. Try to buy the expansions asap. the more expansions you get, the more spaced out yard you can make, and therefore better pathing.

Final conclusion: I suggest redesigning. This was a high-concentrated fire base by the looks of it. It does work fairly well in the lower to medium levels, but for the later game stages, I recommend a more spaced out yard.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Hey guys could you comment on my base and how I could improve on it? Suggestions are much appreciated :)