Base Creation Help - Check First Page For Screenshot Instructions And Please Zoom Out When Taking Screenies! page 302

7556 posts

Flag Post

Base
Yard Planner
The red circles on the yard planner are where there should be traps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:

Base
Yard Planner

You’re not concerned about those catapultable ADTs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DenverJump:

Base
Yard Planner

This is super cataprone, not only your adts. I could use one pebble cata to take out all your adts and railguns and 2 snipers in one shot….but what I’d actually do is use two to three cata shots and also take out all 4 of your bunkers as well. Boom all your best defences gone!
You need to pull in those silos and mingle them more with your defences

Flag Post
Originally posted by clambam:

Base
Yard Planner

This is super cataprone, not only your adts. I could use one pebble cata to take out all your adts and railguns and 2 snipers in one shot….but what I’d actually do is use two to three cata shots and also take out all 4 of your bunkers as well. Boom all your best defences gone!

If I understand correctly, this is your attack plan.
Wave 1: Knock down ADTs with a single pebble bomb.
Wave 2-3: Knock down bunkers.
Wave 4: Level base.

The problem with this is that the ADTs will survive direct hits from the 10M pebble bomb AND the 5M twig missile. Therefore, you will spend 4+ waves (INdirect hits are less damaging further away from the center, and ADTs will be at the very edge of your pebble bomb) just to eliminate them. Since DP triggers after the 4th attack wave, you’re done attacking.

Net profit of all four waves: At least -30 million resources.

Does anyone have a non-catapult related criticism?

Flag Post

Do you remember the yard I made? The Citadel 1.0? It had cataprone ADT’s as well, but considering that ADTs will survive direct hits from peppel and twigs, I didnt care to change it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by clambam:

Base
Yard Planner

If I understand correctly, this is your attack plan.
Wave 1: Knock down ADTs with a single pebble bomb.
Wave 2-3: Knock down bunkers.
Wave 4: Level base.

The problem with this is that the ADTs will survive direct hits from the 10M pebble bomb AND the 5M twig missile. Therefore, you will spend 4+ waves (INdirect hits are less damaging further away from the center, and ADTs will be at the very edge of your pebble bomb) just to eliminate them. Since DP triggers after the 4th attack wave, you’re done attacking.

Net profit of all four waves: At least -30 million resources.

Does anyone have a non-catapult related criticism?

I understand your thinking, and I used to think the same myself, however your reasoning is flawed and very much along the lines of map room 1 where people usually only attack you to gain res, once you are on world map it is a very different ball game.
When you are in a war with someone, as important if not more important than looting res, is draining your opposition of res, even if I only looted 5m of each res from you that would be +20m to me and -20m to you, that makes 40m. In addition I would disrupt your autobank, which with a half decent size empire could be worth a lot more than 40m, I would destroy all the monsters in your housing and bunkers, which you would need to replace, and I would incapacitate you until you could repair and rebuild monsters.
So you can see already that it is easily worth spending 30m if I wanted to.
30m can also be catapulted in two waves along with the monsters to finish the job (which would not take much after all your best defences were taken out), so where your 4 wave argument comes in I don’t understand, maybe you have not come up against a decent player yet?

In addition to this looting res is only one reason why people may attack you, not the only reason.

Flag Post

So it looks like the “net profit” part is completely off topic and confusing.

What I’m trying to say is that you cannot destroy both ADTs in two waves; it would take four. Damage protection triggers after attack #4, so the piles of rubble where the ADTs stood will be all you’ll accomplish.

By the way, repair times and monster replacement aren’t issues with any half-decent empire. Surely you know how to maintain an army from outside the main yard.

Flag Post

I disagree, but you obviously have your own thoughts on it and won’t be moved, so let us agree to disagree….unless you would like to put theory to the test and send me an invite?
Even if you were correct and it would take 4 waves of catapulting, then what is to stop me throwing in monsters on the 4th wave after the catapulting? You do not need seperate waves for catapults and monsters
If catapults didn’t exist then you would have a very, very strong base, however they do exist and are a major strategy for most players, the vast majority of attackers will try to catapult your adts, and if possible your bunkers too, before sending in monsters. With your arrangement you are making life easier for them by bunching them all together and not giving them much protection with silos, in addition you are throwing in a bonus of all 3 RGTs and a couple of snipers, in effect you are tempting people to catapult you.
Anyhow we all have our own opinions, so good luck with it

Flag Post

Well, you prove a good point. I’ve already built another base, but baiter tests are still pending.
This is still an advice thread, so why don’t you tell me what you would do as your fourth wave, after you catapult?

Flag Post

Any criticism will be appreciated.

Flag Post

@prouser Next time, just post the image as a link. It’s much less annoying than scrolling back and forth.
Anyway, your base is pretty decent for your level.
The only real problem that I see is that the bottom two silos are exposed. You should relocate the outer entrances, or just switch them with the nearby sniper towers.
You also shouldn’t buy any (more) decorations since that shiny is obviously better used to hire more workers, get yard expansions, or even improve packing skills. After “something” that happens after you get a level 5 TH, you’ll want the packing skills.

Flag Post

Woohoo – I like to use a wide range of monsters, and I base my selection on:
a) what will path/punch through to the adts quickest
b) what is in your bunkers
The rest of you base looks solid, and on the basis of me not knowing where your traps were I would probably just use daves with fomor and zaf, as without adts/bunkers they would be pretty much invincinble, I would just keep a reserve zaf in case a sniper/tesla was bypassed and started shooting zafs from behind
On the whole I think your yard is good, if you could just pull silos in a bit, and push adts and rgts out a bit so that they were more mingled it would be a lot trickier. I always try and make it so that if someone is going to catapult my adts then the best they can get is one adt and one other defence tower for the cost of a silo. No yard can ever be invincible, but some are more of a pain in the butt to attack than others

Flag Post

any weaknesses?

the hole inside is for a extra silo after th4 upgrade

sorry for the size

Flag Post

monkee, for your level your base looks fine, the one thing I would change is to pull your maproom, hatcheries, etc in a bit so that they are in range of at least snipers, preferably also cannons. Having these buildings spread out can be good for making monsters waste time…but at later levels when you have a much bigger and more complex yard, for now the important thing is to give your defence towers more time to shoot the enemy

Flag Post

thanks a lot for your advice

Flag Post

MY BASE AND YARD PLANNER
I’m level 47 and I want to know if my base is good.
Any opinion and criticism will be appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tomalau95:

MY BASE AND YARD PLANNER
I’m level 47 and I want to know if my base is good.
Any opinion and criticism will be appreciated.

Chews and pathing failure:
From laser→ADT.
North silos< – >middle silos or TH

Tactical weaknesses:
Three bunkers baitable, and the north one looks rather exposed.
South silos are way too exposed.
ADTs are catapultable w/ one bunker each.
Eyera bait is too sparse to be effective. (Strengthen, or don’t bother having)
Four cannon towers are placed in the middle of nowhere?
Massive groups of towers are catapultable, but I don’t think anyone will bother when ADTs and bunkers are much better targets.

Flag Post

woohoo has pretty much summed it up, but to elaborate on chews and pathing failure –
if you do not put entrances in your walls then monsters will chew through wherever they want, it will take 9 daves less than a second to go through a block. Make entrances to steer attackers where you want them to go and to make them walk further and waste time, and of course you can put traps there also, guaranteeing they will hit them

Flag Post

guys anyone willing to help please leave a comment about the layout i am plannig to make another wall behind the defence towers and moving the resources to the centere
here is my base

Here is a album with detaile of the base

Flag Post

http://umersid.imgur.com/
here is the album link

Flag Post

http://umersid.imgur.com/

any help would be appreciated

Flag Post

any help would be appreciated

Flag Post

You’ve got to be kidding me. First off, you do NOT need to post a dozen pictures of the base. One zoomed-out view and one yard planner view is sufficient.

Secondly, it’s a Facebook base. Is your best buddy KIXEYE’s forums not good enough for some reason that you have to come here? Or are you rubbing in the fact that Kong will soon lose BYM to your Facebook?

On top of everything, you post four times in a row. Ever heard of editing/consolidation of posts?

By the way, your base sucks. It’s a box base with no pathing whatsoever. I don’t even know why you bother with the wall when it can be bypassed by flinging in that huge gap next to the monster bunker.

Flag Post

hey pls tell me how to screeshot my yard pls …..

Flag Post

Hey, in an effort to keep the forums active, I wanted to post a pic of my facebook yard to see what you guys thought. Just started 48 hours ago, so I think it’s pretty good for that amount of time.
(PS, all the traps are hidden. So far, I have only placed heavy traps, cause I was too lazy to build the rest of the regular traps >.>)