Base Creation Help - Check First Page For Screenshot Instructions And Please Zoom Out When Taking Screenies! page 246

7556 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Evotwist:
Originally posted by UltimateKid:

Guess this design has little to improve…

cataprone adts and thats all i can see but you cud prolly get both adts and a bunker in a 10mil pebble bomb

Yeah, it can, along with two silos that may get taken down. This yard is just making it hard to loot not hard to take down.

1.5 pathing near town hall for daves and champs

Flag Post
Originally posted by divewing:

Guess this design has little to improve…

cataprone adts and thats all i can see but you cud prolly get both adts and a bunker in a 10mil pebble bomb

Yeah, it can, along with two silos that may get taken down. This yard is just making it hard to loot not hard to take down.

1.5 pathing near town hall for daves and champs

Yeah, I’ll probably do that. Just a small movement in blocks then it’s as good as it can be.

Flag Post

Nuke the ADTs, bait the bunkers. Done.
So in other words, this is what you should do to improve your base:

• First, make eye-ra bait and move the bunkers in. This is one of the most common mistakes, seeming to have a “Cage-bunker” concept yard, but in reality, the bunkers are way to baitable.
  • Second, it is not symmetrical. If it is, it would be harder to catapult the ADts successfully (Strange, but true)
  • And lastly, why does the pathing lead directly to the Silos?
    I would give this yard a 3/10, due to the fact it lacks a proper NEC (Holes everywhere), pathing will be unsuccessful, and looks like a box with minor pathing (In truth, it is one).

Flag Post
Originally posted by dvdwen:

Nuke the ADTs, bait the bunkers. Done.
So in other words, this is what you should do to improve your base:

• First, make eye-ra bait and move the bunkers in. This is one of the most common mistakes, seeming to have a “Cage-bunker” concept yard, but in reality, the bunkers are way to baitable.
  • Second, it is not symmetrical. If it is, it would be harder to catapult the ADts successfully (Strange, but true)
  • And lastly, why does the pathing lead directly to the Silos?
    I would give this yard a 3/10, due to the fact it lacks a proper NEC (Holes everywhere), pathing will be unsuccessful, and looks like a box with minor pathing (In truth, it is one).

• Oh that pic is kind of old and already did some changes like eye-ra baits and etc (That is not a NEC (never ending chain, just now googled it) , never planned to make one and didn’t even know that such thing existed, but since you suggested I might as well make one as a improvement),
  • Besides I plan to improve it more when I get my next expansion because of the lack of space (as you can see).
  • The pathing to the silos was blocked right after I posted the image (Will update a new image later).
  • I’ve also tested that the bunkers are baitable. But since I got them to level 3 rockets and level 6 DAVE, 4 daves and 1 ichi in a bunker seems to workout just fine during tests I did myself. If it’s not good enough then it’s just a con in the design.
  • I cannot move the bunkers further in as I only have 2 expansions, I can only move it further in and do important changes when I get more expansions.
  • The screenshot above was a yard design I made in a hurry before I went to sleep so I was expecting a lot of suggestions. Though a rating of 3/10 is kind of a shocking, but I understand that this was a fair criticism.
  • What I don’t get is your second point dvdwen, not symmetrical, harder to catapult the ADTs if it was?

Flag Post

What do you think? Too bad?

Flag Post

forgot to put the yard planner :(

Flag Post

Will daves path through this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by sealy123:

Uhhh…Yes, I think so, as long it is 1.5 blocks wide.

Flag Post

Uhhh…Yes, I think so, as long it is 1.5 blocks wide.

i mean, i have no idea if that’s 1.5

Flag Post

it looks like 1.5 to me.

Flag Post

it looks like 1.5 to me.

Just test it out with a Dave.
@wargamer1000-You need 1.5 pathing and pathing might not work. I think I can cata the ADT and Bunker in one shot.
Champion is baitible though I don’t think u can do anything about it.
@Evotwist-some parts are still pretty catable though and can I see the Yard Planner view?

Flag Post
Originally posted by divewing:

it looks like 1.5 to me.

Just test it out with a Dave.
@wargamer1000-You need 1.5 pathing and pathing might not work. I think I can cata the ADT and Bunker in one shot.
Champion is baitible though I don’t think u can do anything about it.
@Evotwist-some parts are still pretty catable though and can I see the Yard Planner view?

Of course there are some parts that are catable, it’s not like I want 100% cataproof. As long it can defend well then it’s ok. Any yard can be taken down as long you don’t care about looting. The yard planner view is right below the yard image…

Flag Post

Also, would like to know, if this is catapult-able
A friend has access to a level 1 cat, and 10k and 100k twigs can (barely) fit in the middle, and quite a bit at the edge. Not sure about the higher values though

Also, what if the towers in blue are max fortified? (silos no fortifications)

Flag Post

It’s cataproof. And please use the edit post function, do not double post.

Flag Post

Whoops, forgot about that, i’ll delete the first one

Edit: Full base, slightly edited, Added two “SPoDs” for anything/tower monsters after the quake towers, and it
looks like a butterfly now.

Are there any flaws (Other then the bottom left silo, i’ll fix that once the ADT’s done upgrading)

Changes:
ADTs cataproof (can be hit with 100k twigs though)
Pathing works (Daves dont eat)

Towers too easily taken down?

Flag Post

Edit: Full base, slightly edited, Added two “SPoDs” for anything/tower monsters after the quake towers, and it

Are there any flaws (Other then the bottom left silo, i’ll fix that once the ADT’s done upgrading)

Changes:

im sure adts can be hit with bunker and alot of otheer things with it

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

:Pictures:

Changes:

im sure adts can be hit with bunker and alot of otheer things with it

Thats why im unsure, which values of twigs or stones can hit the towers. And are they catable once at fortification 5?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Loongkee:

well, actually anyone can destroy ppl bases’s easily,as long u got eye-ra to boom their wall, tankers to distract their towers, pokeyes to triggers the mines, and send out lots of Fangs or DAVE to wipe out the rest. Nothing is perfect.

usually i just SWARM 25% PX, 25% CRAB, the rest is 1: rest DAVe with 2 zaf, 2: TERA with zaf, 3: WORM with zaf, or 4: BRAIN with zaf :D

Flag Post

I believe my base is eye ra proof. Unless you plan to send over fifty, then im not too sure about that.

Edit: Just had one of the 100+ brain and fang attacks from Kozu, it downed one of my housings, and left a huge pool of blood around my hatcheries (THANK YOU QUAKE TOWER (and tesla))

Flag Post

I believe my base is eye ra proof. Unless you plan to send over fifty, then im not too sure about that.

Edit: Just had one of the 100+ brain and fang attacks from Kozu, it downed one of my housings, and left a huge pool of blood around my hatcheries (THANK YOU QUAKE TOWER (and tesla))

Relax, there is no one stupid enough to throw in so much eye ras, if you want someone to test out your yard then ask me, if you can survive just one attack from me then your yard is good enough. Though you need to be in WM to invite me…

From what I see your yard design is fine, just need to worry about the bunkers.

EDIT: The strict criticizer, dvdwen, is so right that I can’t say it is fine. I forgot that attackers don’t care about your ADTs being protected by silos and just bomb them. Guess there is no flawless yard.

Flag Post

Changes:

I’d just nuke 2 Bunkers/ADT/RGT/Silo, and a lot of other things, twice. And what kind of a SPoD is that? It is NOT one, since anything monsters will still go for the RGT/ADT first. And a couple Valgos will wreak you. Your pathing is too short, and you might as well not have walls. The “NEC” leads straight to the center of the base, and Quake Towers aren’t used to the best of their abilities. I would just nuke the Bunker/ADTs, then drop 5 Daves 1 Zaf with Fomor, and go take a shower.

Flag Post

Where should i put my quakes then?
Also, the pathing’s supposed to help lead the looting waves into the traps.
Also, i didnt plan for a NEC, useless buildings are eaten up when in range of towers. Might make one after the next yard expansion

Flag Post

Things I won’t consider reading and why:
1.It’s cataprone.
A: Really? How much would you be willing to spend in catapult strikes?
2. Black diamond walls.
A: They will be upgraded when I have the resources to.
3. Baitable bunkers
A: They are? Really?
4. Hatcheries aren’t in NEC
A: I store goo in my hatcheries. Only one of them. I really don’t need to lose 50M goo because of an exposed hatchery. And they’re both protected so the attacker has a 50/50 chance of destroying the wrong hatchery.
5. WTF? Is that the catapult?
A: Built before Kixeye removed them.

Flag Post

1) I am willing to catapult 10 mil…
2) Lolwut?
3) Yes, yes they are.
4) Catapult both of them, derp.
5) Wow! Really?

I swear that after the Tesla is down, the monsters go straight to the ADTs.