Outpost Defensive Layout Guide

19 posts

Flag Post

I know that you’ve seen and heard many times how to correctly lay out your base to avoid catastrophic losses from any type of invasion. However, once you hit the world map, your main base rapidly ceases to be your main concern. Why, you ask, would this be? For one simple reason: You can’t lose your main base to other players. You can, however, lose your outposts to other players. Outposts are the lifeblood of any successful empire and to keep your outposts you must build an effective defense. Please note that in outposts you cannot use as many of each building type as you can in your main base. Here is a example of what I think is an effective outpost defense (and I use in mine :)):

Please post your comments on this outpost and your own outposts for ratings. Thanks and I hope this helps. If you want to know more about how to build an empire and defend it or just want a group to hang out with, please visit the World Alliance Main Thread and request membership (as soon as you meet the requirements).

Flag Post

what kit is that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by toma555:

what kit is that?

I didn’t use a kit. Built this baby from scratch. The kits really aren’t useful unless you have the money on hand. I prefer to build them up over time.

Flag Post

i think ima steal this from you :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firebrand343:

i think ima steal this from you :p

Nbd.

Flag Post

How do you just have the picture, not the link?
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/5ChanMan5/ss.jpg

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bballdude98:

How do you just have the picture, not the link?
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/5ChanMan5/ss.jpg

Simply edit your link to have ! points around the address. Here I’ll put it up for you:

Flag Post

@Bballdude: nice setup, btw, does the pathing work correctly?

Flag Post

Thanks. And I’m pretty sure but since they’re is no monster baiter I’m not completely sure. Also the wild monster attacks don’t even get close to going to my TH.

Flag Post

what do kits do?

Flag Post

What the FUCK. I just don’t know what to say.

Flag Post

I will steal it. Here’s mine.

I am not hiding anything on my OP

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimbo123454321:
Originally posted by toma555:

what kit is that?

I didn’t use a kit. Built this baby from scratch. The kits really aren’t useful unless you have the money on hand. I prefer to build them up over time.

Outpost kits are extremely useful. If you don’t have enough resources available at the time, you can attack wild monster tribes until you can afford the large kit (and later the mega kit, once you can hold enough resources for it). Building the kits is much better than building from scratch, because it provides you with many high-level buildings right at the start. Considering that outposts only have one worker, building kits saves you weeks of building and upgrading time. Also, you can build yard planners on outposts to help redesign those kits anyway, so you don’t have to keep the kit design.

Flag Post
Originally posted by the1templar:
I am not hiding anything on my OP

Admit it; You bought a bunch of decorations for your yard.

Also, my own outpost design?

It’s a butterfly, because fuck manliness.

Flag Post

Wow, this is so old…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Obelixxx:

Jimbo, I think Your outpost is vulnerable against Teras.
Here’s mine.

lol… thats asking for your bunkers + adts to be easily 100k twigged and pebbled together

Flag Post

OPs are for Nubz

Here are my current ones:

and a few past ones:

Flag Post

I have just seen that this is an old thread, but ok. comment.
Thanks for the tip I’m still not sure if it will stay this way.

Flag Post

When I build an outpost, I normally put snipers and cannons outside, and all my other towers inside the walls.