Question Thread - Ask Here! All other threads will be locked. page 159

5130 posts

Flag Post

I’m in a war with a rival empire. Our town halls are too far away from each other, so the only “battles” are the picking off of outposts. So far my strategy is to suck out as much resources as possible by raiding the enemy’s outposts day and night, and to capture only the best-defended outposts(which would be about 30-40% of the total). I don’t think that I’m making any progress with this strategy.

What should I do? Should I move my TH into attacking range of the enemy’s TH? Or wait for the enemy to do the same? And am I not taking enough outposts?

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:

I’m in a war with a rival empire. Our town halls are too far away from each other, so the only “battles” are the picking off of outposts. So far my strategy is to suck out as much resources as possible by raiding the enemy’s outposts day and night, and to capture only the best-defended outposts(which would be about 30-40% of the total). I don’t think that I’m making any progress with this strategy.

What should I do? Should I move my TH into attacking range of the enemy’s TH? Or wait for the enemy to do the same? And am I not taking enough outposts?

What? Empire? Outposts? What are you talking about?

Flag Post

If you take enough op’s you should be able to take out his/her main….or move your main within range, if you really want to take them out.

Flag Post

is it worth recycling my WM and making a new one? 2 out of my 3 OP’s have nothing in them, the 3rd has a basic kit, those 3 kozu’s to the right are always around that damage, AND eMpNuKeMaN attacks me a lot

Flag Post

yeah, or you can jump to a friends place

Flag Post

@nimbus You are in a very unlucky situation. No Kozu farms, a hostile empire, and apparently unhelpful neighbors. As king and yourself said, recycling is a valid choice and you should move again if these conditions are present in your new location.

P.S. your enemy pissed you off right? You should pokey raid his housings and hatcheries to waste his goo, 10K catapult upgrading buildings as even the slightest damage will halt the upgrades, and then take as many of his outposts as you can. THEN recycle your maproom as a final middle finger. His(now yours) outposts will be deleted and his resources wasted.

Flag Post

@nimbus You are in a very unlucky situation. No Kozu farms, a hostile empire, and apparently unhelpful neighbors. As king and yourself said, recycling is a valid choice and you should move again if these conditions are present in your new location.

P.S. your enemy pissed you off right? You should pokey raid his housings and hatcheries to waste his goo, 10K catapult upgrading buildings as even the slightest damage will halt the upgrades, and then take as many of his outposts as you can. THEN recycle your maproom as a final middle finger. His(now yours) outposts will be deleted and his resources wasted.

kk, btw the main reason he keeps destroying my base is his level 5 gorgo :/
EDIT: sadly he has no upgrading buildings or monsters hatching ATM except 1 pebble shiner in 1 OP
EDIT 2: damage done :D

Flag Post

This might not be a question, but i don’t find a tread. And start a new tread could be obnoxious from my part.

How can i report a problem? I have two days reporting a bug, and a week with this problem. Or it’s just my luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bgc1999:

This might not be a question, but i don’t find a tread. And start a new tread could be obnoxious from my part.

How can i report a problem? I have two days reporting a bug, and a week with this problem. Or it’s just my luck.

To the right of the game window , you can press the GAME tab ,
and you should find the report a bug link there .

Flag Post

About 5 day’s ago I started receiving the message “Oops, Something Broke….” Happens all the time now, sometimes breaking every two minutes and sometimes I can’t even get the session to recover. We have three players in the house with the same problem, each with unique accounts and one is even on a different computer. Maybe just a coincidence, but it started at the same time (or close to the time) that the Memorial Day add started popping up when I first open the game. Anyone know how to sure this? Thanks.

Flag Post

If you use wireless it might delay the game so you lose connection ,
and try to start a new web browser for each time you log into another account as that also make it act strange .
Not sure if it will solve your problem , but worth a try .

Flag Post

On box yards how come daves go through one block when they destroy and this means they also do on pathing but no one believes me except sternkomplex can u explain this plz im fully sure about box yards not 100% on the pathing.

Flag Post

Daves can walk thru 1/4 block paths if needed ,
the path has to be 1,5 blocks wide to make sure it follows the path if it hasnt have to walk to far to use it !
So dropping in a dave or 2 abit later might mess up some pathing yards if they have to walk to far to use it ,
Thats also why NECs are important for your layout .

Flag Post

Thanks SPIFF1. One machine is on an ethernet cable, and the other is wireless. I did reboot my router and also did a speed check (with success) to verify I was talking to the internet OK. All other web activities are cool, so I don’t think it is my internet connecton speed. Was kind of hoping this was a game server issue, not mine, but evidence does point to my side considering two differetn systems are having the same problem. Arggggg….

Flag Post
Originally posted by SPIFF1:
Originally posted by bgc1999:

To the right of the game window , you can press the GAME tab ,
and you should find the report a bug link there .

Thanks, already fill those. but any way to know if my report was received? I know this is just a game, but it fun to defend your territory.

Flag Post

First it gets to Kong and then they send it to KIXEYE if needed , so you prob will not get a respond .
But you can also send KIXEYE a mail here : http://www.kongregate.com/forums/81-backyard-monsters/topics/244002-how-to-contact-kixeye , if you want to , but be patient it will be some auto return mails first and they prob will not help you much as the game is here on Kongregate .
As you havent given any info about your prob as i have noticed =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by SPIFF1:

First it gets to Kong and then they send it to KIXEYE if needed , so you prob will not get a respond .
But you can also send KIXEYE a mail here : http://www.kongregate.com/forums/81-backyard-monsters/topics/244002-how-to-contact-kixeye , if you want to , but be patient it will be some auto return mails first and they prob will not help you much as the game is here on Kongregate .
As you havent given any info about your prob as i have noticed =P

I’m trying to attack with Zafreeti, but i get logged out every time. I’m attacking with other monsters and everything runs right. Could be something simple, maybe an update?

Flag Post

Some of my lvl 41 Kozu farms, when completely emptied, now give 5M resources each when they used to give near 7.5M each. Is there any explanation for this? I really don’t need my Kozus depreciating during a war.

Flag Post

Is Teratorn damage different now?? I used to be able to farm wilds with a certain number but that failed today by a lot.

Edit: Nm, something weird must have happened.

Flag Post

Okay here’s a weird one for you-
I’ve been in a battle for a bit and after making around 100 daves with my various OP, one of them never runs out of daves! It can only hold 3 at a time but every time I transfer them to a new outpost, it still has 3 in it, yet they transferred successfully and are completely useable. I haven’t opened the OP since im afraid either the infinite daves will go away or it’ll glitch me. Also whenever I initially attack and +daves when attacking, it wont let me change my catapult from pebbles to putty but counts it as an attack and I lose all the daves even though I never actually flung anything in. Did I take over a hacked OP or is this a glitch? Not that I’m complaining but I just want to make sure doing anything to the OP wont screw up my account.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ROCKHOUND1:

Okay here’s a weird one for you-
I’ve been in a battle for a bit and after making around 100 daves with my various OP, one of them never runs out of daves! It can only hold 3 at a time but every time I transfer them to a new outpost, it still has 3 in it, yet they transferred successfully and are completely useable. I haven’t opened the OP since im afraid either the infinite daves will go away or it’ll glitch me. Also whenever I initially attack and +daves when attacking, it wont let me change my catapult from pebbles to putty but counts it as an attack and I lose all the daves even though I never actually flung anything in. Did I take over a hacked OP or is this a glitch? Not that I’m complaining but I just want to make sure doing anything to the OP wont screw up my account.

hey… i have a simular problem before…(attaking)… when i sends in the monster it wont move… and later it does or not… but you cant run out of monsters…

people thinks that a bug/hack… but i say its your internet… i cant use my internet to attack players… try a friends internet and reply this if you still have the problem

Flag Post

I have a Nice question, not going to read through 160 Pages to see if it was already asked, but I flattened 3 of the NPC Villages, Now they aren’t in my Map, I’ve took out 2 Player town halls, What do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thy_MKII:

I have a Nice question, not going to read through 160 Pages to see if it was already asked, but I flattened 3 of the NPC Villages, Now they aren’t in my Map, I’ve took out 2 Player town halls, What do?

You’re probably in map room 1. NPCs there will disappear for a while after you destroy them. But if you destroy them too much, they will be gone for good.

Flag Post

I have a question. Recently, I attacked a base with 300 pokeys and a level 6.3 drull + 10 million putty. The Drull wasn´t damaged, but he killed all my pokeys before the putty rage finished. Is this a bug, the 10 MILLION doesn´t affect pokeys…?

Flag Post

I’d rather ask by posting a thread… but oh well, if I don’t get an answer within an hour, I will post on the forums… Would you happen to know all the servers there are in the World Map on Kong?