{NOT Recruiting anymore} The Dragon Knights (TDK) page 51 (locked)

3930 posts

Flag Post

@Wave_Rida Thx, and i’d like to stay where i am on the map, if thats ok with you guys

Flag Post
Originally posted by ryman11:

Level: 38
Champ Monster: I have 3, lvl 6 Drull, fully buffed, lvl 2 Gorgo, and lvl 2 Fomor
More of an Empire Builder

I presume you are applying to this alliance? Well, please than post an picture of your yard, and spiff/anduin/ dragonalx ( if he’s in the mood :D) wil tell you if you are allowed in or, need to redesign ( if you dont know how to redesign, or other questions, feel free to ask).

Flag Post

Wave – you are 3 hex away from target…you have arrived at your destination

Flag Post
Originally posted by clambam:

Tomtom clambam, sounds nice :)

Originally posted by aaronGtheSEXY1:

@Wave_Rida Thx, and i’d like to stay where i am on the map, if thats ok with you guys

I dont think there will be any problems for us with that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by clambam:

Haha. Im a goof ball.

@ryman11- You have a box yard my friend. I would suggest taking a look at some of the guides to get ideas on designing a base with some pathing.

And seanwiz4 is level 40.

Flag Post

how do i take a pic of my base cant youguys just visit it?

Flag Post

Wave, already visited it, and commented on it. If you want help with this, just ask. This is a guide to creating a pro base:
http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/49599-Defense-Building-Epic-bases-An-Insider-s-guide

And how you do take a screenshot is down below:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/81-backyard-monsters/topics/176375-base-creation-help-check-first-page-for-screenshot-instructions-and-please-zoom-out-when-taking-screenies?page=1

hope this helps!

EDIT: Guys, this week I am having my exams, So I wont pop in that often.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alxje2themax:

Wave, already visited it, and commented on it. If you want help with this, just ask. This is a guide to creating a pro base:
http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/49599-Defense-Building-Epic-bases-An-Insider-s-guide

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/81-backyard-monsters/topics/176375-base-creation-help-check-first-page-for-screenshot-instructions-and-please-zoom-out-when-taking-screenies?page=1

hope this helps!

ryman11, those guides are amazingly awesome, they are very helpful try them. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLightningBolt:
Originally posted by Alxje2themax:

hope this helps!

ryman11, those guides are amazingly awesome, they are very helpful try them. :D
I think that seems logical, otherwise I wouldn't post them :)......

Flag Post

hey wave-rida do you think you could ckeck out my base one more time and tell me if its good

Flag Post

Well, after looking at this post i wanted to apply! Here is my info you requested

Level (For reference):34
Champ, level (Also for reference):Drull Level 5
Pic of base (optional, but helps me): __
Jumper, Empire builder, or on Map room 1? (Also for reference): I have Map room 2 I need some guidance on how to build a good empire people keep stealing my outposts and a lvl 48 keeps farming me… Please Help!

Flag Post
Originally posted by CityOfVillains:

Well, after looking at this post i wanted to apply! Here is my info you requested

Level (For reference):34
Champ, level (Also for reference):Drull Level 5
Pic of base (optional, but helps me): __
Jumper, Empire builder, or on Map room 1? (Also for reference): I have Map room 2 I need some guidance on how to build a good empire people keep stealing my outposts and a lvl 48 keeps farming me… Please Help!

Hey cityofvillains, I have just had a look at your base, and can see you have tried to do something with it, however, its still not enough. If you want, have a look at the guide below, it might help you out. Your base, is the key to your empire. If you have a great base, you can start taking op’s back. But now you have me interested, who is that level 48? Does he have alot of op’s? I think anduin/spiff, will pop in soon and awnser your request to join.

The link: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/49599-Defense-Building-Epic-bases-An-Insider-s-guide

Flag Post

hey wave-rida do you think you could ckeck out my base one more time and tell me if its good

First of all the fact that you have redesigned your base for the 3rd time is awesome.

It could still use some work… okay im going to try to talk you through this.

The concept of your design is wrong. With a box yard people try to protect everything behind a wall, What they are hoping many times is that the attack wont get a chance to break through the outer box wall.

Put simply that just doesn’t work. Here is the problem
-
1) the wall only delays the attack for a couple of seconds, and then put generally you are defenseless.
2) box yards give the attacker freedom to attack in whatever direction and angle he thinks is best.
3) having everything together makes attacks take less time, which allows the attacker to make mistakes and still take your yard

Box yards do not take use of some of the most powerful defensive concepts.
-
1) Walls are used for pathing not protecting. You path for 2 reasons to delay monsters around defensive towers (putting them in the line of fire longer) and to direct them to traps.

2) Resource Gathers should be used to delay attack. They take defensive monsters a long time to attack. Place RG’s so that monsters keep going back and forth wasting time all the while being hit by towers. DO NOT TRY TO PROTECT RGS

3)NEC- (never ending chain) Use your non-resource buildings and rg’s to delay attack create a chain or circle around your base so that attackers are delayed.

There is more i could say but this is getting too wordy. Take these concepts and read the guide that alxje linked.

Flag Post

Hey Ryman, have had a look at your yard, I’ve heard you have done a lot of work, but I’m afraid I’d say you still have a lot of work to do. My tips to improve your yard:
1) your ADTs are so easy to take out, these are the bedrock of your defence, as 99% of decent attacks will only work with the aid of flying monsters zafreeti/vorg/fomor. Place them near the middle where they cannot be easily taken out, and protect them by surrounding with silos. Do not put them too close together so that they can be hit with one catapult shot.
2) As wave says RGs should be thought of as distraction and delay for enemy attackers to give your defence towers more time to shoot, do not try to defend them, use them as defence
3) do not box in all your useless buildings such as lab/academies etc, use these on the outskirts of your yard to delay monsters that attack anything
4) as wave says use your blocks to direct monsters, at the moment you don’t know where monster will go when they attack, if you path correctly they will walk into your traps. Lay traps in huge clusters, scattering them to far apart is innefective as monsters get healed before they hit the next one, a whole bunch in a row will kill even daves before they can be healed
5) try to balance your yard between concentrated fire power, but at the same time not bunching it so much that several defence towers can be catapulted easily, or that monsters don’t have too walk far to destroy all your buildings. Try to mix up your defence towers with resource gatherers
6) take a look at other peoples yards to get inspiration, but don’t copy someone elses, so many people have ‘standard’ yards that it becomes easy to know how to take them down. Make your own unique design that your enemy will have to think hard how to beat

Good luck

Flag Post

Is this a joke, or what? Look at my new neighbour ( the previous one jumped away) :

http://i.imgur.com/riFfm.jpg ( no direct image, becomes too spammy).

Flag Post

Alxje, what level is he?

Flag Post

He’s probably a badge hunter who quit the game after getting MR2 Alx :P

I see lots of those around.

@CityOfVillains: Lars and I have decided to let you in on condition that you continue improving your base as you level. You’ll want to change your base into a 5 silo structure soon, as your north silo placement is pretty bad.

Flag Post

CityOfVillains, you’re in, but you need to redesign into a base designed for 5 silos.
EDIT: Eh, ninja’d. Damn phone call.

Flag Post

unfortunatly i have no champion so can i still join i have unlocked some monsters i will be happy to crush enemies >:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by HEROGAMING:

unfortunatly i have no champion so can i still join i have unlocked some monsters i will be happy to crush enemies >:)

Did you just declare war on PP??? :) i admire the fighting spirit, but you might want to slow your roll.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wave_Rida:
Originally posted by HEROGAMING:

Did you just declare war on PP??? :) i admire the fighting spirit, but you might want to slow your roll.

Is this guy even a member from you?
And you’ll be waging PP?

Or is this all a misundertanding caused by a guy who should know better what to say….?

Flag Post

No, this guy just decided to declare war in our name. He’s not a part of TDK.

I just checked his base, it’s level 21. Take it elsewhere HEROGAMING.

Flag Post

Welcome to TDK City of Villains!

I would recommend you getting an invite from one of us to our map. Just decide if you want a quiet spot or a spot with some activity in it. I have a couple of good spots that everyone around is inactive in, that might give you a chance to grow.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Welcome CityOfVillains =)