About the outpost takeovers...

260 posts

Flag Post

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a problem with people losing their OPs to possible hackers.

KIXEYE is looking into it, as well as a few knowlegeable BYM players.

EDIT: 1:58 PM PST:

Originally posted by KIXEYE:

We are aware of this problem and are actively working on the issue.

Flag Post

Thanks.

Flag Post

Awesome. We know it is a Kixeye issue, not Kongregate. Thank you for acknowledging us!!

Flag Post

sop the hacker

Flag Post

They MUST STOP IT FAST. Hugeness of Users lost everything an Maps are all bugged… I just HOPE they can rollback everything as it was before the global attack.

Flag Post

Rollback doesn’t help as long as the security hole is not fixed. Give them time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thmh:

Rollback doesn’t help as long as the security hole is not fixed. Give them time.

Yup that’s right. But fixing that hole, they can rollback and apply the fix, because I think there is too much damage to just try to fix it all, it depends of alot of things. Just time… Time…

Flag Post

Wow, this is great. I apologize for my last thread. :/

Flag Post

PLZ dont “chat” here , let this thread be for good info !
( Yes this post by me should be deleted too )

Flag Post

And just to clarify i had 112 ops all megas some ultras

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateKid:

And just to clarify i had 112 ops all megas some ultras

LOL. thats a coincidence. So did I :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ahkramen:

sop the hacker

Heh Heh Homor simpson

Flag Post

This is how the map looks like atm, I have lost 53 OP’s: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14291704/Backyard.png

Flag Post

I just lost all my OPs to this. What are we supposed to do? Who do we report it to, or do we just wait around for a fix?

Flag Post
Originally posted by archteryx:

I just lost all my OPs to this. What are we supposed to do? Who do we report it to, or do we just wait around for a fix?

No, we wait for them to pull the game, like they are doing everywhere else. It’s a sad day in the BYM community.

Flag Post

Don’t be mad at the hackers, be mad at Kixeye for not doing anything about security/support but still taking your money.

" Originally posted by KIXEYE:

We are aware of this problem and are actively working on the issue."

I wouldn’t count on it. BTW I lost all my OPs as well.

Flag Post

I’d rather be mad at the hackers than Kixeye. I mean, I think Kixeye reallr is working on it. Until then, just hold out and make as many resources as you can from your town. I only had four OP’s so it isnt too big of a loss for me. It’s still terrible though.

Flag Post

Gnurf took all of my ops…time to be a jumper again :P

Flag Post

Zys…? You lost your OPs? B-but no!

NEW N00B ELIMINATOR NEEDED. APPLY NOW.

Flag Post

71 bases gone, all normal kits but probably 7 or 8 mega kits. Bizarre to see the entire map wiped, hopefully they can fic this soon

Flag Post

(I put this post on another thread, but I would like to put it on this sticky too. If mods feel that it should not be here, I will accept that judgement and post removal without complaint.)

Originally posted by KIXEYE:

We are aware of this problem and are actively working on the issue.

I have a very difficult time believing this.

The last problem of this scale to affect Kongregate’s Backyard Monsters was the outbreak of “Base 0” errors. You did claim to place working on a solution to that as a high priority for a long time, yet (as far as I am aware) you have not resolved any of the hundreds of infected yards (friendly hackers have provided more support). Also, while saying that fixing Base 0 was a high priority, it still took many months for even preventative measures to be put in place (Inferno, Chaos, and Korath updates all came to Facebook’s version during that interval). And now, even though you have updated this version of the game with Inferno, we are still lacking both of the extra champions, the Alliance update (which for some reason wasn’t put into effect even when everything else was updated), and every single event (aside from the stupid low-level thing, which I have heard to be very glitchy).

In addition, I have heard that you outright refuse to take any action against hackers on this version of the game. All reports against hackers have been responded to with a generic and useless response. In fact, considering that there was no action taken against huge hacked empires before (many of which were convinced to move elsewhere for easier expansion through constant coordinated attacks by active players, without help from you), I struggle to understand why there is even an interest now, unless somebody who buys hundreds of dollars’ worth of shiny a day got attacked and threatened to quit. And if you decide to take action against these hackers, then you will actually look like you’re supporting this version of the game, and you will be expected to take action against other instances of hacking too (there are plenty of people without the patience to play normally and with the audacity to take advantage of others).

I have also heard (not sure if this is true or not) that people who have been affected by the severe hacking problem here will be compensated with “a ‘jump start’ if they come to Facebook”. What does this even mean? Will the person be provided with a yard identical to the one they had previously? Likely not, considering that would take too much effort to duplicate each yard individually. Also, it is not likely for large amounts of shiny to be provided, for that would be like giving money away, and the sudden expansion of such new empires on the Facebook version could make people there suspect hacking. In addition, there is the matter of time and effort that cannot be compensated. People who have been active here for a long time, even if given their same yard, would still be no match for those on Facebook who have been playing for much longer (not to mention, it would be nearly impossible to catch up to any of the thousand-outpost empires there). Furthermore, any sort of reputation gained here would mean nothing there, and the lack of Wild Monster Invasion trophies could prevent any from being gained. Finally, there are those (such as myself) who outright refuse to ever play on Facebook for one reason or another.

I have quit this game due to a combination of the current monotony from taking outposts just for the added autobank, the boredom of only being able to attack with D.A.V.E.s, Zafreeti, and Fomor due to the overpowered nature of defenses, and the lack of any developer support. I only continue to watch this forum because of the friendships that I have established through others playing this game. They, not you Kixeye, are what make Kongregate’s Backyard Monsters great, rather than “just another game that is better on Facebook”. (And no, this post does not mean that I want to play Backyard Monsters again. I just went to my yard to see if it was also affected, but it was not. I may continue posting in the forum though.)

Please do not quote this entire long post.

Flag Post

May I ask where you heard of this “jump start?” I have reviewed all of KIXEYE’s posts, and I do not see anything about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dvdwen:

May I ask where you heard of this “jump start?” I have reviewed all of KIXEYE’s posts, and I do not see anything about it.

I actually have no idea where the “jump start” thing came from. I heard it from BlockBlockPro in the TDK Chatzy.

Flag Post

Dragon alllll the way!

Flag Post

To my knowledge, keithG2 got 1k shiny from kix a few months back by writing a complaint about quitting and going to fb…I certainly wouldn’t go to FB for that amount, nor 10k for that matter