[Story Time] <-STORM> "The vets of BYM" page 30

929 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by SovietWaffles98:
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:
Originally posted by SovietWaffles98:
Originally posted by didier222:

Fine thnx. anny of you play tekkit? :D I play that now :p

I does :3

Mind telling me what it is then?

Its a mod for the game Minecraft that basically adds technology to it, such as pipes, nuclear reactors, solar panels, etc…

I’m sorry, but I saw my chance and thought I had to explain…
Tekkit is the multiplayer version of the Technic Pack (Technic). Technic is a group of 51 mods put together into one easily downloadable launcher. After downloading it, one must simply open it and play, and the mods are downloaded, saving lots of time and effort.
From the launcher screen, you can switch to the Tekkit Pack, which has fewer mods. From here you can play on Tekkit servers. You can also set up your own, which is supposed to be fairly easy.
People have done it in less than six minutes.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by dragonologist23:
Originally posted by SovietWaffles98:
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:
Originally posted by SovietWaffles98:
Originally posted by didier222:

Fine thnx. anny of you play tekkit? :D I play that now :p

I does :3

Mind telling me what it is then?

Its a mod for the game Minecraft that basically adds technology to it, such as pipes, nuclear reactors, solar panels, etc…

I’m sorry, but I saw my chance and thought I had to explain…
Tekkit is the multiplayer version of the Technic Pack (Technic). Technic is a group of 51 mods put together into one easily downloadable launcher. After downloading it, one must simply open it and play, and the mods are downloaded, saving lots of time and effort.
From the launcher screen, you can switch to the Tekkit Pack, which has fewer mods. From here you can play on Tekkit servers. You can also set up your own, which is supposed to be fairly easy.
People have done it in less than six minutes.

Like I have.

 
Flag Post

Please don’t use Golco before sending me a mail first.. I believe that no Vet is better than another, therefor in my point of view, <-STORM> shouldn’t have a leader. I would like you guys to keep it like that. But again, it’s up to you guys yo decide.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Golco:

Please don’t use Golco before sending me a mail first.. I believe that no Vet is better than another, therefor in my point of view, <-STORM> shouldn’t have a leader. I would like you guys to keep it like that. But again, it’s up to you guys yo decide.

You’re back! :D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Golco:

Please don’t use Golco before sending me a mail first.. I believe that no Vet is better than another, therefor in my point of view, <-STORM> shouldn’t have a leader. I would like you guys to keep it like that. But again, it’s up to you guys yo decide.

Hi Golco (and others),
please excuse me for posting again (as I am not a member) but I think it is not the question of choosing a leader here. STORM needs no leader because it is a venture of equal vets for communication and so on. Democratic features … no leader.
I think the only request is to have someone who has access to the first posts on page one (the introduction of STORM, the members list and so on) and can update them if needed.

Greetings to all the vets on STORM.

 
Flag Post

Greetings Total, and I agree with what Daniel said last page.
(Sorry for the random inactivity, was doing some stuff over the week and got back in town today)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by lordleelee2:

Greetings Total, and I agree with what Daniel said last page.
(Sorry for the random inactivity, was doing some stuff over the week and got back in town today)

Better to see you active than inactive lord, no matter what times :)

 
Flag Post

Hehe, feels good to be back to.

 
Flag Post

hehe, any change I can join this? I don’t think many players remember me, but those that will, I can find here ;).
I don’t have a fully upgrade yard though, as i’m not that active anymore. But my badges say I’m playing from 11nov 2011, thought it is longer. The ID of didier222 is 162438, but this is my second account. Cuz my first account has a bug long before base 0 existed. Because of that the ID of my first account is strange enough bigger then that of didier222. I can only say that both accounts, have been part of TFA

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by didier222:

hehe, any change I can join this? I don’t think many players remember me, but those that will, I can find here ;).
I don’t have a fully upgrade yard though, as i’m not that active anymore. But my badges say I’m playing from 11nov 2011, thought it is longer. The ID of didier222 is 162438, but this is my second account. Cuz my first account has a bug long before base 0 existed. Because of that the ID of my first account is strange enough bigger then that of didier222. I can only say that both accounts, have been part of TFA

Absolutely a yes to you. I left the forums after LoaS disbanded the first time, and wouldn’t have come back if I didn’t receive an invitation to Ta from Des. ;)

 
Flag Post

really? that good to hear :).

 
Flag Post

I’m saying yes to this, I may barely remember seeing your name didier, but I trust your an old vet.

 
Flag Post

I vote yes to didier222.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by didier222:

hehe, any change I can join this? I don’t think many players remember me, but those that will, I can find here ;).
I don’t have a fully upgrade yard though, as i’m not that active anymore. But my badges say I’m playing from 11nov 2011, thought it is longer. The ID of didier222 is 162438, but this is my second account. Cuz my first account has a bug long before base 0 existed. Because of that the ID of my first account is strange enough bigger then that of didier222. I can only say that both accounts, have been part of TFA

Even though I’m on the retired list, I vote yes!


Originally posted by FatASSassin100:

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if there was an opening. I have 3 weak yards, but used to have a lvl 38 FB yard, so I am experienced. Please message me if I can join the clan.

Most probably not, when did you start playing on kong?

 
Flag Post

While I do not consider myself a vet by any means… since I was once on this list I’d like to make a suggestion. This ‘group/alliance’ is stupid. It serves no one any good. Seeing as everyone is in a different alliance, it should have no ability to declare war, peace, or any relationship between alliances.

I believe people need to be recognized by the community to be a vet. Nobody will log into the forums and check out this thread saying “Wow, those are the vets. I’ll respect them now.”

Earn your own respect. Dissolve this thread. Let’s all move on.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Spyder:

While I do not consider myself a vet by any means… since I was once on this list I’d like to make a suggestion. This ‘group/alliance’ is stupid. It serves no one any good. Seeing as everyone is in a different alliance, it should have no ability to declare war, peace, or any relationship between alliances.

I believe people need to be recognized by the community to be a vet. Nobody will log into the forums and check out this thread saying “Wow, those are the vets. I’ll respect them now.”

Earn your own respect. Dissolve this thread. Let’s all move on.

Spyder, I have never seen any vets demanding respect from people. People that go “wow he/she’s a vet, infinite respect”, are sheep and idiots. If they are told who to respect, and do so, I pity them.

The main purpose of this alliance is a place for vets to hang out, not for newer players to come and say “wow these guys are vets!”

Not all alliances goals are to be the top alliance, or a strong one, or even alliance that goes to war. Most alliances are founded by a key group, who will stick together, and just try and play the game together. An alliance has many more aspects to it than just war, just because it can’t have wars against other alliances, does not mean it can’t do other things. Such as helping out each other with their problems, congratulating each other with their success, chatting with fellow members, building empires, and jumping together.

Just because you would like this to disband, does not mean that others necessarily do.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Spyder:

While I do not consider myself a vet by any means… since I was once on this list I’d like to make a suggestion. This ‘group/alliance’ is stupid. It serves no one any good. Seeing as everyone is in a different alliance, it should have no ability to declare war, peace, or any relationship between alliances.

I believe people need to be recognized by the community to be a vet. Nobody will log into the forums and check out this thread saying “Wow, those are the vets. I’ll respect them now.”

Earn your own respect. Dissolve this thread. Let’s all move on.

I’ve been inactive for months. Now I read the forums a bit again and guess what, I don’t know 1 single guy, only those that I can find here. So I’m very happy that this exist!

 
Flag Post

I can see your points, Icy and didier, however, I still stand firm that this should not be an ‘alliance.’ Perhaps just a “Pro Club/Group” that is “Invite Only.” It shouldn’t have a war declaration picture, a peace declaration picture, or any relationships with other alliances, as I said earlier. Perhaps I was a bit cynical with my previous post.

 
Flag Post

On every single online game I have ever played, I’ve seen this same thing over and over… Older players banding together to try to keep the memories of the “good ol’ days” alive. And every time I’ve seen it, I have attributed it to the same cause- fear.
1. Fear of letting a younger generation of players take over.
2. Fear of letting memories of bygone alliances and players die.
3. Fear that the game is dying because people get tired of the game and quit.
4. Fear that if they quit or stop making their presence known, they will be forgotten and their legacy will die.

Well, here’s news for you guys…

1. Someday, the people who are currently the young generation on here will be vets just the same as you. Sure, maybe you’ve played longer or fought more wars or seen more alliances come and go, but there is only so much you can learn on a game like this. In other words, your “experience” does not make you any different from anyone else.
2. Honestly, if you care so much about old alliances and players, please keep it to yourself… I constantly see threads mentioning old players and alliances and how much they are missed. If you want to remember them, that’s great. But if you want to keep the memory of them alive and passed down from generation to generation, give it up. This is a game, not a history lesson, and if I didn’t know a player or join/fight a now-dead alliance, I couldn’t care less who they were or what they did. I think that goes for everyone.
3. Every time I see a goodbye thread, there’s always someone who says that the game is dying or the forum will never be the same again… News Flash! People start playing the game every day. Some stay, some don’t. People come and people go. If one of your friends quits, then simply tell them you are happy they decided to get a life, and then get on with your own. Games don’t simply die… They evolve as new people start playing them.
4. If the only thing holding you back from quitting the game or leaving the forum is the fact that you don’t want to be forgotten, then get over yourself. If you are still playing and posting in the forum in order to keep in touch with friends, that’s great. Just don’t try to put yourself above other players, because most people will just see you as a washed-out old has-been whose glory days have come and gone.

These are my personal opinions and I am not directly insulting any particular person. I respect some of the people in this alliance/group. I just don’t respect the ideals you are clinging to that are keeping you from evolving with the game and just playing it like everyone else.

 
Flag Post

Spyder, I can see your point and also feel thay it’s a pretty valid one. Alliance relationships don’t really benefit this, as like you stated, members here are from different alliances.
On a side note, I find it funny how eXo is on the allies list, coming from the eXo leader ;) I’m guessing you’ll want that removed?

Beret, a lot of the alliances today, are all run by different people people, new people rising to the challenge, like you said.
However the vets of this game have contributed to what this forum is today. They have written many guides. On base design, how to successfully run alliances, OP designs, guides on attacking etc. etc. Some of these guides have been done again, but with more info, because when updates come, there is more to be written about. Some people like the newer players to know that so-and-so did this, that they were what created this spark.
While I can see your point, I don’t agree with it. Certain players have created too huge an impact on this game.

 
Flag Post

Check first page for updates.

 
Flag Post

Members of <-STORM> I present to you my latest design for your ratings. I posted this here mainly because this is the only thread I know Lordleelee posts in for sure, and I wanted him to see it. So without further ado:

*

The Hive v5.0

The entire NEC works without flaws, as well as all the DamN quadrants should the NEC be wiped out, monsters still path from quadrant to quadrant without chews, thus hitting all traps.

Note the traps are not placed in this screen shot, nor is the champ there, I removed both in order to do the pathing tests.

 
Flag Post

Looks so bad Ass! now I got some redesigning to do… When ever I can… And you can just pm me so i see it 10x faster.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by lordleelee2:

Looks so bad Ass! now I got some redesigning to do… When ever I can… And you can just pm me so i see it 10x faster.

Ya, but then no one else would have seen it :P

 
Flag Post

Unless I go and post it… Or you just pm me saying check this thread or somethin.