[Story Time] <-STORM> "The vets of BYM" page 31

929 posts

Flag Post

I suppose that could have worked. Either way, there you go, like I said, v5 :P

Flag Post

Yup, while I got V3 on Zard in the abyss of base0.

Flag Post

Do you even play?

Flag Post

Nope, just stalk now. I think Zard’s inferno is fixed again though, but far to lazy to check it daily just for Inferno.

Flag Post

Get a new account you noob.

Flag Post

I got an account, called Shadow_Dragons… And like 4 other alts.

Flag Post

Then play….

Flag Post

But I don’t wanna… I got other **** to play instead, like SCII.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:

Spyder, I can see your point and also feel thay it’s a pretty valid one. Alliance relationships don’t really benefit this, as like you stated, members here are from different alliances.
On a side note, I find it funny how eXo is on the allies list, coming from the eXo leader ;) I’m guessing you’ll want that removed?

Beret, a lot of the alliances today, are all run by different people people, new people rising to the challenge, like you said.
However the vets of this game have contributed to what this forum is today. They have written many guides. On base design, how to successfully run alliances, OP designs, guides on attacking etc. etc. Some of these guides have been done again, but with more info, because when updates come, there is more to be written about. Some people like the newer players to know that so-and-so did this, that they were what created this spark.
While I can see your point, I don’t agree with it. Certain players have created too huge an impact on this game.

I never wanted it there in the first place. I’ve pmed Golco multiple times to have it removed. He’s kind of brain dead. Took him 3 weeks to remove my name from the member list after I asked for that one.

But I agree 100% with Green. There’s no reason to dwell on the past. It only cuts down on the amount of new people to rise. If you’re constantly searching for a new TFO, you’ll never find one unless you accept the fact that he has left the game. It’s nice when old friends return, and there’s no reason not to be excited when that happens, but you have to move on at some point.

Flag Post

the vets? of bym? you’ve got to be kidding me…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Exorsus:
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:

Spyder, I can see your point and also feel thay it’s a pretty valid one. Alliance relationships don’t really benefit this, as like you stated, members here are from different alliances.
On a side note, I find it funny how eXo is on the allies list, coming from the eXo leader ;) I’m guessing you’ll want that removed?

Beret, a lot of the alliances today, are all run by different people people, new people rising to the challenge, like you said.
However the vets of this game have contributed to what this forum is today. They have written many guides. On base design, how to successfully run alliances, OP designs, guides on attacking etc. etc. Some of these guides have been done again, but with more info, because when updates come, there is more to be written about. Some people like the newer players to know that so-and-so did this, that they were what created this spark.
While I can see your point, I don’t agree with it. Certain players have created too huge an impact on this game.

I never wanted it there in the first place. I’ve pmed Golco multiple times to have it removed. He’s kind of brain dead. Took him 3 weeks to remove my name from the member list after I asked for that one.

But I agree 100% with Green. There’s no reason to dwell on the past. It only cuts down on the amount of new people to rise. If you’re constantly searching for a new TFO, you’ll never find one unless you accept the fact that he has left the game. It’s nice when old friends return, and there’s no reason not to be excited when that happens, but you have to move on at some point.

Don’t say something you didn’t do Spyder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ver112102:

the vets? of bym? you’ve got to be kidding me…

If we would be, your name would be on the list…………..

Flag Post

this guy is well horrible
but do you concider me an older vet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ver112102:

this guy is well horrible
but do you concider me an older vet?

facepalm
Is English your first language?
a: consider
b: did you read that post by alxje? If not, read it again, or put it in google translate……..

Flag Post

And as the end of Kongregate BYM comes closer every hour, every minut, every second of the day.

Do you remember… when you started? What was it like? I remember Loony97 showing me this game, I instantly fell in love with it. Already after a few days I started buying shiny. I literally played it 24/7.

What do you remember?

Flag Post

I see it’s story time.

I woke up the second day of BYM being on kong, opened up kong and went ot the home page. I saw it was fetured so I clciked it and well I’ve been addicted sense.

I remember the days of being a noob, I remember how I first met my friends from here, and I still remember getting both of my Base0 accounts. I also remember the only alliance that I could really count as a serious one, the Shadow Dragons, or Golden Dragons way back when I joined them.

Flag Post

Nice story Lord :) Anyone else wanna tell us your story? What you remember from your nooby days? :)

Flag Post

A goodbye song for you Golco, live long and prosper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VsRSVBI7ao

Flag Post

Going to do it zys style :P ( means long long essays).

Joined with one account, got bored the first day and start messing about (chatting, etc) and than I found the forums. Saw random noobs getting shunned for making threads, so I waited with posting there, seemed like a dark and dangerous place at the time :). At this instance I did have somehow 3 workers, and I think I shinied my th to level 3. after that I had already wasted all my shiny, as most first time players do. slowly started posting on the forums, starting off at the base creation thread, had a terrible arguement there with a player called james308 ( never found the bugger anymore), about eye-ra bait. I ended up on his alliances hitlist, think the alliance was called team Oblivion. Outlived them, thanks to failattacks of TLB ( he was a member during those days ).

These were the best days, just after TO died. No one paying attention to me, to be as free as a bird, kept strolling the forums together with TLB, glacier, lordleelee and I think asd joined in later aswell :). Those were my times. Soon after, TLB started up TSOTL, and I rolled into it from simply advicing him on his thread, to becoming a co-leader.

These were hectic days. I got cell 0 base, had an alliance to manage, and SD declared war :). TDK joined in on our side, and PP did for trolling TDK/helping SD. Remember, all members of TSOTL were on wm1, and allmost all actives of SD were on wm2. So me and TLB farmed zard :P, while TDK just lost to SD and PP having lesser targets. We won the map room 1 war, but lost the map room 2 war.

But it was actually good that the war happened. It opened my and TLB’s eyes, and showed how many inactive members we had. So we, me and TLB, closed TSOTL, and were given permission to join TDK.

I remember every member applying.

I remember my lessons, I think my lessons, the ones that I taught were usefull, but only were if people used them. I am still happy having helped kalash realise what he became even though he showed his true side in the end :/.

I remember TKE closing, and me loosing a good friend. I remember TLB leaving, and loosing a good friend.

I remember, lars838 slowly drifting away, I remember dragonalx leaving, I remember moving to G+, I remember starting on FB with TIO, I remember loosing another good friend :/.

I remember jorn joining, in his bright spirit :). I remember me accusing him of hacking due to me reading the wrong name :P.

I remember trolling Iambored together with ady, faking me breaking my arm and passing out behind my pc.

I remember making threads, never made a faillthread after seeing those noobs get shunned :).

I remember becoming a leader, and feeling sad for clam, as I thought the leaders surpassed him for me.

I remember my terrible base designs, and the improvements I booked after my visits to the forums.

I remember SD dying, and LoaS restarting.

I remember TAE, but never saw it dismiss :/

I remember AA, run by lordebubble.

I remember zys still trolling, TFO being active like crazy, and dess_troy joking with Dvdwen. Remember rainbow dash.

I remember brony alliance :P.

I remember that crapthread by Flinx :P.

I remember (fail)trolls like crankdat, kalashnikov, riotmaster killhim, bobbobberson and ver112102. I remember also their before and afters.

I remember welshdragon trying to start a failliance

I remember all the CoD alliances, Best alliances, backyard monsters alliances, and all other crappy named ones.

I remember getting cell 0 base, hoping it was only temp.

I remember the dedication to start over.

I remember TDK. Ever since been there and never wanted to leave. Best alliance ever, and I am going to miss them. I have been thinking along time about stopping, game was shit, nothing interesting etc, But they have helped me grow, tought me stuff, and actually made and kept the game/website fun.

Makes me think of all the friends I made. Going to miss you guys, either if you decide to transfer or not, I know we are going to be split, forever. Saying goodbye to a good friend hurts, and I have had that a few times,but I am capable of it. Saying goodbye to 100 friends, is pure torture,especially knowing you have about 3 weeks left. But lets forget that, and remember the good old times. not think back, but remember. Never think back, as you wont be able to move on/dream, but remember. never forget.

I remember you……

Flag Post

Hehe shedding light, my idea to war TSOTL, Cam made the declaration, and I remember getting farmed to death by you guys…
I remember most of that, the good ol’ days of BYM, the days of having no Base0 accounts, the good ol’ days of being a noob…

Flag Post

I will miss you too Wave :’(

Good bye, my friend. I will never forget you, Gnurf…

Flag Post

Hey Wave, all those wasted sad emotions, I was offered to be a leader back then but turned it down as I needed to take a break from BYM and sort things out in real life….I hope you didn’t think I was away from the game because I felt surpassed, hehe.

Many good memories from this game, the vast majority of them from being part of the brotherhood of TDK, planning and scheming, trolling enemies, taking over the map and our times jumping together.

Kixeye’s compensation offer was a pathetic 800 shiny, and the FB account I made has already been locked, I am not going to beg kixeye, but I will tell them what I think, and I am not going to give FB my phone number and personal details, so I will not be making the transfer. I will make the most of the game while it is still here, I’m happy to jump and fight anyone who wants a fight.

I will still be on kongregate playing games for anyone who wants to keep in touch

Flag Post

I will stay in touch Clam :)

Flag Post

sigh I remember the days of the creation of PP like yesterday :,]

Before, there was silence. Then it happened, an implosion of enormous proportions. For the Ol’ Great Powah had created a universe out of pure energy, this violent event tore a hole through the 14 realms of time existing before, destroying 13 of them and leaving one, the destruction of the 13 realms of time created the realm of space, space and time formed the universe. As great celestial objects developed the Powah was unpleased, for no one was there to honor his great achievement.

Myriads and Kalpas later we, the humans formed after our great celestial body, the Earth was blessed with the gift of life due to a cause of pure coincidental occurrence of energy, naïve about the great event that had taken place eons ago and ignorant about what caused that mighty implosion, we the humans lived for millennia in our great civilizations honoring false gods, Ra, Zeus, Odin and some now recent ones I won’t mention so I don’t offend people ._. the Ol’ Great Powah became angry, causing death by fire, death by air, death by land, and death by evil, our people suffered.

Until in the year 2011 in the Month of September, on the day of the 13, a testament the 13 realms sacrificed the created the realm of space. The Anger was finally broken, a great Powah has now being honored, the center of one who holds the message is Moses zys123, the noble zys123 waited for 3 days with no avail to anyone joining his new message, on the 4th day he came and taught the people of the BYM chatroom of this new belief, one of them still remains, the noble, soapnumba1

As the Purple Powah gained influence, we made strategical partners, our friend, The TrollFace Alliance soon perished with the parting of their leader, rofl and hawke222’s Blue Alliance slowly perished… with this new demise Purple reign supreme… for a few hours. Then, LoaS was created from the ashes of TF, with the leader as the charismatic TheFacelessOne (Who ironically had a face, he got pissed at me cause I quoted a pic of him from another thread without his permission), LoaS strived. Another alliance soon took hold, the previous member stealing alliance run by goorocks gained tremendous influence, rivaling LoaS in size and strength, a war broke out shortly, but was quickly resolved and a new council formed, the mighty combination of 3 Super-powers. This union was broken when goorocks left the game due to boredom, now LoaS and PP remained the super-powers.

A period of nubiness then unfolded, another alliance boom. Kingme157’s The Kings of Fire formed, with the careful espionage of 1111ed we located and destroyed the1templar a vital ally of kingme, and kingme and his second in command themselves. 1111ed is a valuable ally of the Powah and will always be honored.

A new shape unfolded, The Teutoburg Forest arose from the ground, self-dubbed the Teutonic BYM alliance, they challenged the authority of LoaS and PP, which they described to be like Romans, ofc this caused tension to TFO and I and we quickly organized a military campaign, unfortunately due to the pressure of betrayal cause by the secretly discussed parting of Des and lollus as they tried to gain access into the TTF colony, LoaS disbanded as they soon became un-willing and TFO became tired. With the rise of TTF came another, The Killer Unicorns, led by the alt of a solid BYM player, ansarul, the alliance was first trolled but then accepted as a superpower, with the death of LoaS, the two decided to create a new alliance, THE alliance.

This ushered in a new age of BYM Totalitarianism, or the BYM Dark Ages, the resulting band of elitists cause nubs to gather and create many failiance, due to all the elites going to THE alliance, the new alliance lacked good leadership and another age came, the age of the BadgeHunters, this caused a new problem, people were swarming into a dead game which had not being updated for several months while the FaceBook version is supremely ahead, soon came annoying threads asking ignorant questions including about FB to Kong BYM transfers, and the lack of updates, further causing the Dark Ages to go even dimmer.

As with the coming of the badge hunters, I decided to take action against TTF, calling against the Powah to aid us into battle, though we may not have called loud enough, for the resulting battle cause a near massacre for the agents of the Powah. We were summarily routed and destroyed, with my noble soapnumba1 doing all the attacking with me leaving to watch as I was leveled by gnurfvonargul daily. As PP was about the capitulate, a savior war occurred, Ta had declared war upon all other alliances and that included our enemy, TTF, andak, the leader of TTF and I agreed to leave the battle a draw and proceeded to become allies in a war which PP won in the end due to default. The Powah remained undefeated.

With time the game seemed to die, an even greater evil game, the hackers, by this time many failiance had developed, including the once humble SD and the failiance AA, I allied SD during a war with them and systematically eliminated AA. During the war against AA a hacker attacked me, this act caused soap to give me his haxs, I had now become a script kiddy so I could combat the new evil. As the hackers developed more, a great hacker, gyan1010 developed or discovered, base 0 error, leaving their enemies helpless to even log into their base. Ta then declared war and the war ended when we all got base 0 error (luckily I used my alt), my noble soapnumba1’s main fell in that incident, to this day he still has base 0 error.

Then, hope came, after many months updates and the rebirth of LoaS caused this New Golden Age of BYM to come once again, Ta disbanded and the Powah was to abandon its dream until, the noble, zys123 decided against it and turned PP back into the BYM alliance cop once again.

Flag Post

its teutoborg forest, no the there. And, where is your light vs dark war?